AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go to the "terms of service" page at Filipino Cupid and copy that. It'll say something about it not being a marriage broker and you're on your own type thing.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Timeline

Thanks pythos1. That will help. I was just wondering if we need a formal email from filipino cupid abt that. But i will just copy that from the website. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I finally got my hard copy of the RFE and they only want a letter of intent from your fiance. I'm hoping it will be easy peasy from here on out.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

FINALLY got our RFE!!!! Apparently my fiance's brother got the mail 2 weeks ago and forgot to let him know there was a letter there for him!! So, it says we need to include evidence of meeting, fiance thinks that he didn't date the photos correctly (shortening 2014 to '14, that sort of thing) so I just emailed him all the photos I have of us including (full) dates and locations, as well as my passport info page and the page with the stamp I got at customs when crossing the border. He is going to write another coverletter and in that will detail our meeting, how when where it happened and how often.

Are we allowed to include evidence dated after we submitted the initial I129F form? he sent the I129F the day before he came here to visit me and I have SO many pictures from that trip!

I didnt send information on what dating site we meet on only stated "we meet on internet dateing site" had to send proof we didnt use a marriage brooker, pain in but because we only messaged each other three or four times on site neither one of us has had account there in over two years. Be carfull how you word things be exact and detailed.

We also put that we met on a dating site so expecting to get an RFE over this, can I ask what evidence you sent back?

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Timeline

We also put that we met on a dating site so expecting to get an RFE over this, can I ask what evidence you sent back?

The evidence people have been told by others on VJ to send, name the dating site, then send the Terms of Service Agreement page from the dating site that says it's not a marriage broker.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

The evidence people have been told by others on VJ to send, name the dating site, then send the Terms of Service Agreement page from the dating site that says it's not a marriage broker.

thank you, good luck on your visa journey.

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

pictures are not a good source of "primary" evidence. they're good to include as secondary evidence but you need more substantial evidence. the passport stamp is good. include a copy of the visa, airline tickets, boarding passes, bank statements showing money being sent there...Anything (besides pictures) that can show you both in the sama place at the same time. ex: i had bus tickets for me and my fiance that actually had our names printed on them with the dates, times and our id numbers...so uscis had NO doubt that we were actually together in the same place.

i would say submitting some evidence from after the submission is fine, but also include more from before the submission. good luck!

FINALLY got our RFE!!!! Apparently my fiance's brother got the mail 2 weeks ago and forgot to let him know there was a letter there for him!! So, it says we need to include evidence of meeting, fiance thinks that he didn't date the photos correctly (shortening 2014 to '14, that sort of thing) so I just emailed him all the photos I have of us including (full) dates and locations, as well as my passport info page and the page with the stamp I got at customs when crossing the border. He is going to write another coverletter and in that will detail our meeting, how when where it happened and how often.

Are we allowed to include evidence dated after we submitted the initial I129F form? he sent the I129F the day before he came here to visit me and I have SO many pictures from that trip!

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

I have an RFE question.... My RFE is only for a letter of intent. Is it OK to send in other information that I left out of my original packet even if they are not requesting that information. I'm ty nkingbof sending in transcripts of our messaging from the site we met on and some banking information.

I have an RFE question.... My RFE is only for a letter of intent. Is it OK to send in other information that I left out of my original packet even if they are not requesting that information. I'm ty nkingbof sending in transcripts of our messaging from the site we met on and some banking information.

I did this and our petition was approved about a week later. I don't know if it helped, but it certainly didn't seem to hurt.

K1 and AOS:

Spoiler

K1 visa:

18 November, 2014: Sent I-129F

24 November, 2014: Email/text notification of NOA1

26 January, 2015: RFE hard copy

27 January, 2015: Sent RFE response

3 February, 2015: Email/text notification of NOA2

15 April, 2015: K1 interview

11 May, 2015: Fiancee entered US on K-1

22 May, 2015: Got married!

AOS:

15 June, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD, and AP

23 June, 2015: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

17 July, 2015: AOS biometrics appointment

28 August, 2015: Received EAD and AP

11 March, 2016: Received interview letter for AOS interview

7 April, 2016: AOS interview. Recommended for approval

13 April, 2016: Received RFE

21, April, 2016: Mailed RFE response

5 May, 2016: I-485 application approved

ROC:

5 February, 2018: Sent I-751

9 February, 2018: NOA1

12 May, 2018: Biometrics waived. USCIS will reuse old fingerprints.

18 August, 2018: 18 month extension

21 February, 2019: ROC approved

1 March, 2019: Green Card received

N-400

31 March, 2019: Submitted N-400 online

23 April, 2019: Biometrics appointment

25 November, 2019: N-400 interview

14 January, 2020: Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply! unfortunately i cannot for the life of me find our boarding passes! and I'm not sure if we have anything that has both of our names on it. Do you think a written and signed statement from his mother stating that she met me and I was in their home would count? I'm just concerned because we included banking statements in the original packet that showed we spent money in the same place at around the same time. I have itineraries and (now) the pictures of my passport/stamps, he will include his passport stamps as well, I have a picture I downloaded from snapchat of the two of us together with a geostamp on it saying "san francisco" and I'm hoping that helps prove we were there together.

pictures are not a good source of "primary" evidence. they're good to include as secondary evidence but you need more substantial evidence. the passport stamp is good. include a copy of the visa, airline tickets, boarding passes, bank statements showing money being sent there...Anything (besides pictures) that can show you both in the sama place at the same time. ex: i had bus tickets for me and my fiance that actually had our names printed on them with the dates, times and our id numbers...so uscis had NO doubt that we were actually together in the same place.

i would say submitting some evidence from after the submission is fine, but also include more from before the submission. good luck!

Timeline

I did this and our petition was approved about a week later. I don't know if it helped, but it certainly didn't seem to hurt.

Yes, I keep reading that approval is quick once they receive the RFE and I'm hoping for this too. I'm so relieved that my RFE was only for the letter of intent but am dreading the 10-14 day delivery time for mail from Thailand to the states

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello VJ. So, I received our RFE on 22 AUG 2015 and sent in the reply in recently. The request asked which site specifically we met on (you indicated that you met online but did not indicate which site/service you used).Don't know why that matters but whatever. Also asked to elaborate about that meeting. The RFE also requested proof of meeting in person within the 2 year period as required by law. They also wanted a detailed account of her last visit here. So basically I had to write two pages of stuff because met online isn't good enough and they wanted the aforementioned detailed description about her last visit here. I figured the passport with all the stamps in it that I initially sent in would have answered that question (about meeting within the 2 year period) but whatever. I sent a copy of my fiancée’s visa (again) with the last admission stamp highlighted. Also highlighted her admission stamp back into Colombia to show that she did not overstay. They asked for other proof such as boarding passes....honestly? What, the stamps and the visa aren't enough? I mean it's another government agency saying it's so...ugh! And photos as secondary evidence. How are photos "secondary" to a written statement? Yes I'm venting. I'm glad it's being looked at but it's still.... I put everything in order so it matched the cover letter I wrote. I labeled each section answered individually and ensured that the corresponding number matched cover letter to response section. I highlighted important areas so hopefully they will not be overlooked. Within my description of our last in person meeting I described certain sights and activites we engaged in and was sure to have the submitted photos match the described locations and events. Now, we wait. Anyone else receive a RFE that seeming wanted so much more evidence, including asking for items already submitted with the initial package? Honestly, it wasn't a big deal but I wonder if they are told to RFE certain countries or something?

Well, I know we are not the only couple going through this so good luck and God bless us all in our quest to be with our loved ones by doing it the right way.

Edited by bazzo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.