pfwarrior

Congratulations! Your visa is approved but CEAC: Administrative Processing

27 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interview in Islamabad embassy on 12/23/2013, the consular officer didn't give any form 221g and said Congratulations! Your case is approved, you will receive passport with visa and packet in 7-10 days.

When I got home and checked status on CEAC, it was showing today's date with status as Administrative Processing with detailed part as follows:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Please tell me if it is to get worried about? Why is it showing on ceac website as in AP when CO approved the case and returned my original documents? Thanks in advance. Seriously very stressed out at the moment.

It always fall into short AP after your interview. They still need to do some admin work like issuing visa is part of admin work!! There's nothing to stress about

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

Thanks a lot Janice and Mabuhay. This helps me a lot indeed but some say that Pakistani males have to go through the AP, but for all those I read they were given some kind of sheet and told that "Your case looks fine so far but there is mandatory admin. processing that we need to do. So expect a reply from us in a month. So I think you guys are correct.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello guys,

My wife was interviews on 23rd dec 2013 too, ticket no 501. I (petetioner) appeared for interview as well. We were advised that case has been approved but since interview ceac web shows ''Ready''. I am concerened if they will put the case in AP latter.

pfwarrior - what was your ticket number, please do keep in touch as our case looks some whats similar.

Timeline

Hello Hussain, you may contact me by PM. Hmm has your update date changed? Mine has changed to current date with AP, I think it's just that what others have said printing, mailing etc also is counted as AP, so I think it's that as date has changed since interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No need to worry! Administrative processing refers to the time taken by the embassy for preparing your Sealed Packet that you have to bring to the US point of entry and also stamping your passport with a visa stamp. Your status will change to Visa issued within 7-8 days of the interview and ready for pickup in the next 1-2 days. Then again the times may vary by 4-5 days depending on the working of the embassy in question.

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No need to worry! Administrative processing refers to the time taken by the embassy for preparing your Sealed Packet that you have to bring to the US point of entry and also stamping your passport with a visa stamp. Your status will change to Visa issued within 7-8 days of the interview and ready for pickup in the next 1-2 days. Then again the times may vary by 4-5 days depending on the working of the embassy in question.

Congrats!

Sorry I thought it was a K1 forum, so I am not sure wether they give a Sealed packet to bring along to POE ina IR/CR visa. But still all cases go into a Short AP after interview for stamping, mailing passport etc.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy & Consulate Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Today my status changed to today's date and status as ISSUED, Yaay! Finally I can look forward to be with my wife and newly born baby soon :) Thank you Visa Journey Family for a great support and information.

Today my status changed to today's date and status as ISSUED, Yaay! Finally I can look forward to be with my wife and newly born baby soon smile.png Thank you Visa Journey Family for a great support and information.

Congrats dancin5hr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.