Senai

USCIS Denial… pls Advice

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is true and I perfectly understand where my mistake is... but... What I am worried now is if there is going be a ripple effect on my second petition.... it was an honest mistake... but not sure how it will impact going back to line...

As others have said there is no basis for an appeal, you didn't fulfill the requirements of the petition. There will be no problem with the second petition because of the first denial. You have now met in person, you have fulfilled the requirements. But you may or may not have issues later down the line because you have only met once and spent very little time together in real life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Do not appeal. There is nothing to appeal and it costs more anyway. You need refile and use evidence of the meeting you recently had together in person. You now meet the requirements to file an I-129F.

Yep

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I suggest to prepare carefully all needful papers including evidence of meeting in person , then file a new I-129F.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I feel for your frustration. Why can truly loving couple just come together...

But since US is probably the most favorite place people from all over the world want to immigrate to, and I bet there aren't enough government workers to do thorough check to weed out the frauds, unfortunately USCIS had to reject the ones that didn't meet the stated requirements.

I am a newbie here, so others will have better suggestion, but I wish all the best in your re-filing.

That said, read over the requirements carefully in terms of evidence that they are seeking and

make sure you are really well prepared the second time. I think there's some limit on how many times

you can actually petition I-129F in certain time frame.

You want to keep a long list of good records that you met:

1. Your flight tickets

2. Your passport entry/exit stamps (and any visitor visa you obtained)

3. Hotel reservation

4. Place you visited together (tickets, receipts, pictures, etc.)

5. Currency exchange receipts

6. And of course, lots of pictures together,

perhaps some with famous landmark figures to show where you are at

May be even hold up a latest popular magazine or newspaper to show time as well

7. Family and/or friends dinner gathering will also be good...but that may be difficult in neutral country meeting

In any case, think through thoroughly, and refile with bulletproof evidence.

Best of luck to you!!!

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What about a K3?

They would have to be married to go that route. And really its not a Visa thats issued too often if at all. Doesn't get your hunny here any faster and majoritty of time the I-129F petition will be closed by either NVC or Embassy when they see an approved I-130 in the system.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Ok, I just made a call to USCIS today and learned my I129f petition is denied. I haven’t gotten the notice yet so, I don’t really know what exactly happen although I could spell based on the scenarios of my petition.

My fiancé and I got to know each other in the past 2 years and we were constantly communicating with each other with all available means. Originally, both of us are from the same country but I have immigrated to the US a long time ago. Due to difficulties of me going there and her difficulty of leaving the country, we never got a chance to meet in person in the past two years. The difficulty is all political related situation in the country. One thing I should add is that my family and hers know our relationship and they took it for granted we are paving our ways into marriage. After I learned she was able to leave the country, I was excited and I immediately petitioned and asked her to travel to another country so that we could spend time together. Knowing that she could leave the country, I immediately petitioned for her. When I filed the petition, I told USCIS we didn’t meet in person because of the difficulty the two of us faced. Essentially I requested a wavier based on the two conditions provided in the instruction and I truly believed I fall into that category. The petition was filed and a couple of weeks later I got a chance to meet my fiancé in a neutral country. On my return, I found an RFE letter demanding evidence for our meeting in the past two years. I knew USCIS was not convinced with my presentation in the petition. I know that there was NO way the two of us could have met in person since we started dating but in hindsight though, all I needed was wait a month and half to have all straighten and then file for petition. This didn’t happen and I have to face what I should do next. My understanding is that my petition was rejected b/c I didn’t qualify to petition I129f at the time I petitioned. Now VJ folks, I seek you advice what I should do next. Assuming my case was denied based on what I presented above, should I appeal immediately after I receive the notice or should I reapply the petition? Is there a time delay b/n consecutive i129f petitioning in which case the first one is literally denied based on applicants mistake. Please give me your advice where I could advance my case in the shortest period of time possible. Also, I would like to hear if anyone had done a similar mistake like myself.

Thank you all!

Be sure you thoroughly show you meet and was in the same place at the same time. You don't want to mess this up. More than just stamps and receipts. You need pictures and I pray you have pictures of you at landmarks or places easily identifiable in pic.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just the wait time for the denial letter is painful. One would love to get over the denial and start all over with carefully presented petition!... I think I need withdraw the case and restart all over again.. only if the withdrawal request is granted immediately!

Timeline

Has any member been denied the I129f petition by USCIS? If so, I appreciate if someone would share his/her experience and how he/she overcame the issue. From the timeline I see, approvals are now days pretty quick after an RFE is supplied. What I don’t understand is a case recommended for denial after an RFE was supplied seems to last forever. Mine was denied about a month ago now but no word of final say from USCIS. All they say is it is under further supervisor review! It is frustrating but I don’t know if I need to Wait idle or withdraw the case.

Timeline

Being denied just means you didn't file a good petition to prove you qualified for the benefit. You fill out a new petition being more careful about showing that you qualify for the benefit you seek. You case is probably just caught up in a backlog of work and holiday days off. Do not worry about the first petition, you know the problem. Get the next one ready minus reference to the letter of denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Generally, the 129 gets sent back then expires... So waiting for the denial is idle months of waiting... You did not meet the requirements in your first petition, so I would withdraw and get moving with your new petition and include your new evidence... K1 is moving pretty quick at the moment, but that could change and slow down at any time, so I would get on it as soon as you can... Don't wait months for a denial (or more likely just and expiration)... That way you can be together sooner...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Being denied just means you didn't file a good petition to prove you qualified for the benefit. You fill out a new petition being more careful about showing that you qualify for the benefit you seek. You case is probably just caught up in a backlog of work and holiday days off. Do not worry about the first petition, you know the problem. Get the next one ready minus reference to the letter of denial.

I still believe my waiver request to meet my fiance is valid although the officer who reviewed my case didn't buy it, unfortunately. Nonetheless, I have reached the deadlock. My concern is that should I withdraw the petition volunteerly? Or should I wait for the final notice.. God knows how long it will take them to respond?... I don't even know how long would it take if I request to withdraw the case either? that is why I wanted to see if people have experienced similar cases!

Timeline

Generally, the 129 gets sent back then expires... So waiting for the denial is idle months of waiting... You did not meet the requirements in your first petition, so I would withdraw and get moving with your new petition and include your new evidence... K1 is moving pretty quick at the moment, but that could change and slow down at any time, so I would get on it as soon as you can... Don't wait months for a denial (or more likely just and expiration)... That way you can be together sooner...

Thank you for your input. In hindsight, I should have withdrawn the case once I received the RFE requesting of meeting my fiance back in late September. Looking back, I don't even know why I received the notice while I made it clear in the petition I didn't meet my fiance in the past two years for oblivious reasons!... I guess I need to withdraw the case... but I am wondering if the USCIS will hold the request for a while or respond immediately after the withdrawal request is made... that is what is holding me in the past two weeks.

Timeline

There is a small ( very very small ) chance that the senior officer will decide to allow the petition to continue. An unapproved petition does not expire , that is only for petition that have been approved and you have an NOA2 with the expiration date. Review however could take 6 months and is not likely to change the original decision. You now have met with your fiance and hopefully have lots of pictures and primary evidence of that meeting. Withdrawl and refiling is the speediest route. Make sure to cover petition one and the reason it was withdrawn when you submit petition two

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

There is a small ( very very small ) chance that the senior officer will decide to allow the petition to continue. An unapproved petition does not expire , that is only for petition that have been approved and you have an NOA2 with the expiration date. Review however could take 6 months and is not likely to change the original decision. You now have met with your fiance and hopefully have lots of pictures and primary evidence of that meeting. Withdrawl and refiling is the speediest route. Make sure to cover petition one and the reason it was withdrawn when you submit petition two

Good to know, however, would you agree that despite the remote possibility of overturning the decision, the fastest way would probably be to withdraw and refine with the new evidence? Given the wait time could be 6 months for the denial? Given that current k1 processing is 4-6 months I would think that would be the faster, more secure route?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.