sunnyp

I-751 denied what can i do

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hello everyone i need help. i got 2 year green card thru marring a US citizen in 2005. during the 2 years we were living with her parents. during that time i caught her cheating twice on me i have eye whitens. so i left her parents house and moved out but we were still trying to work thing out. but she gave up and filled for an annulment i did not know what an annulment is she came to my house and pick me up and took me to a lawyer and told me to singe a page and told me to not any question and i would do this if i love her. which i did so i asked her what it was and she said it was divorce

and if want to see her happy to singe it. which i did. but i did not no she wrote that i left her 3 months after the marriage. which was a lie. and she said it was divorce instead of an annulment. that was a lie. after that i got in trouble with the law in 2007. and went to jail for 3 months then i started filling my paperwork for my I-751. but the lawyer i hired was not doing anything. and asking for more money so i hired and new lawyer. and we tried to gather evidence to prove that my marriage was real. but i did not have anything and we filed the I-751 with what ever i could gather. and today (12-10-13) was the intervie. my lawyer said it dint got well. and i am going to get dined because of lack of evidence and they will start removal against me. I NEED HELP please. what can i do to save my status.

Boy you screwed up full time signing any document, now you might need one of those blood sucking attorney's to bail you out if at all possible. Good luck with that. Consult a lawyer and have him review your case and advice you well.

If the denial is due to lack of evidence then your option could be to beg your ex and her parents, her friends to give you an affadavit stating you were in a genuine marriage but it did not work out and she asked for annulment instead of divorce and you signed it in pursuit of not knowing the implications on your immigration status and refile your 751.

Edited by avf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

although your lawyer said this stuff to you,

what did the USCIS Immigration Officer say to _you_ ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A signed annulment plus legal trouble is not a good look.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

If the denial is due to lack of evidence then your option could be to beg your ex and her parents, her friends to give you an affadavit stating you were in a genuine marriage but it did not work out and she asked for annulment instead of divorce and you signed it in pursuit of not knowing the implications on your immigration status and refile your 751.

yes denial is due to lack of evidence and her complain in the annulment that i left her 3 months of marriage

Timeline

Oh, and besides it being an annulment - do you now know roughly what you signed?\

i singed the annulment said that i left her 3 months after the marriage. which is not true. because. she came with me to my first interview. which was 9 months after the marriage.

Timeline

although your lawyer said this stuff to you,

what did the USCIS Immigration Officer say to _you_

he said the case was weak. and he will notify me in mail. he asked me for pic. i couldn't provide because. she had them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You signed an annulment, got into enough criminal trouble that you were in jail, did not remove conditions in a timely manner. You need an excellent attorney not just a good one. Chances are slim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

And by the way - what's the reason for him to stay ? Moved here for his wife - that's gone. Has criminal conviction. That's should be straightforward deportation case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

What was the criminal charge

Felony

Misdemeanor

What crime was it

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.