Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2013

861 posts in this topic

Saylin,

Hi I am doing draft of my affidavit of support for my mom. I am confused and need some help.

I have income 2011 and 2012 not enough to petition my mom but my husband has enough income in the household 2010-2012. We are married filled joint.

So do I need to fill up Form I-864 and my husband I-864A? Then separate our income in each form?

Or I will fill up I-864 and check 1.a and my husband will also fill up I-864 and check 1.d and put our income in both forms? Will only answer 10 and will leave 11 and 12 blank? Is this the joint sponsor? Sorry if I am so dull about this Affidavit of Support.

Thanks for the help

I'd suggest you fill out an I-864 and your husband fills out an I-864A since you're married and (presumably) living in the same household.

I have read it, but was curious if people have successfully tried alternate methodsidea9dv.gif

If you don't want to wait until it shows PAID, then at least wait until the payment clears the bank account. If NVC receives a package before it's cleared and/or gets rejected, then it could cause delays.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Saylin, thanks for the help.

5-20-2013 USC

I-130 Petition for my Mom

5-20-2013 filled I-130

5-21-2013 USCIS received the packet/Priority Date

5-22-2013 NOA1

10-28-2013 Expedite Request Submitted with the help of a Senator

11-13-2013 Additional document submitted for expedite process

11-21-13 NOA2

11-25-13 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-19-13 Expedite request approved (forwarded 24 hrs from NVC to consulate) received case number and IIN

12-24-13 Ready for interview schedule

12-26-13 Set the interview schedule

**** She could have the interview as early as Jan 7th but decided not on the rush for medical and for me to have time to forward all the document in the Philippines since I didn't pay or submit anything at NVC

1-8-9-14 Medical

1-27-14 Interview (submitted AOS & Civil documents, paid Visa Fee)

1-30-14 Visa Received

1-31-14 Immigration Fee $165 paid

**** We need my mom urgently but due of the cold weather in Minnesota, we decided to wait for warmer weather. She could be here as early as Feb....

2-3-14 Booked ticket for March due of cold weather

3-21-14 CFO seminar

3-31-14 POE

4-7-14 received SSN #

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Checking in...honestly this is more stressful than the USCIS process!

At least some of you guys statuses have updated on the USCIS website, stating that they mailed it to the NVC, mine is still stuck on:

On November 13, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by mmkextreme1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

At least some of you guys statuses have updated on the USCIS website, stating that they mailed it to the NVC, mine is still stuck on:

On November 13, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

No need to worry. Just track another VJers with similar timeline as yours and see where they are in the process.

I believe only Nebraska (and/or Texas ) service center emails file when shipped to NVC.

I did not get any email from California Service Center as to when the file was shipped. Currently my USCIS website is showing the same message as yours.

Good Luck.

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Timeline

I'd suggest you fill out an I-864 and your husband fills out an I-864A since you're married and (presumably) living in the same household.

Hi Saylin, so I have to fill out I-864 and my husband will fill out the I-864A. Since we filed jointly in all taxes, so both forms I-864 for me and I-864A for my husband will have same Adjusted Gross Income NOT our each income?

Thanks

5-20-2013 USC

I-130 Petition for my Mom

5-20-2013 filled I-130

5-21-2013 USCIS received the packet/Priority Date

5-22-2013 NOA1

10-28-2013 Expedite Request Submitted with the help of a Senator

11-13-2013 Additional document submitted for expedite process

11-21-13 NOA2

11-25-13 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-19-13 Expedite request approved (forwarded 24 hrs from NVC to consulate) received case number and IIN

12-24-13 Ready for interview schedule

12-26-13 Set the interview schedule

**** She could have the interview as early as Jan 7th but decided not on the rush for medical and for me to have time to forward all the document in the Philippines since I didn't pay or submit anything at NVC

1-8-9-14 Medical

1-27-14 Interview (submitted AOS & Civil documents, paid Visa Fee)

1-30-14 Visa Received

1-31-14 Immigration Fee $165 paid

**** We need my mom urgently but due of the cold weather in Minnesota, we decided to wait for warmer weather. She could be here as early as Feb....

2-3-14 Booked ticket for March due of cold weather

3-21-14 CFO seminar

3-31-14 POE

4-7-14 received SSN #

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No need to worry. Just track another VJers with similar timeline as yours and see where they are in the process.

I believe only Nebraska (and/or Texas ) service center emails file when shipped to NVC.

I did not get any email from California Service Center as to when the file was shipped. Currently my USCIS website is showing the same message as yours.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot man! I just got off the phone with the NVC, and they said they have received the case today, so in 10-20 days, I should have my case number.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Question about Interview Date

Was wondering how the Interview date is assigned at NVC?

Do they take the count of all the case completed petitions at or before certain date and request the concerned embassy to give them the dates?

OR

Does the embassy send the NVC ( say once a month )available interview date slots for the month?

Edited by pob260

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks a lot man! I just got off the phone with the NVC, and they said they have received the case today, so in 10-20 days, I should have my case number.

You should get your case number in a week (5 business days). Keep checking with NVC. Goodluck.

Since I am desperate to finish this long process like most of us, do you think is it helpful to call NVC everyday or twice a day to speed up the process??????????? Today was my 1st anniversary and was sad that I am not with my wife crying.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It's taking more than that. Mine took 12 biz days

Interesting. I know some people including mine where we got the case number in about 5 business days. Doesn't hurt to call NVC anyway.

Hi Saylin, so I have to fill out I-864 and my husband will fill out the I-864A. Since we filed jointly in all taxes, so both forms I-864 for me and I-864A for my husband will have same Adjusted Gross Income NOT our each income?

Thanks

Yes, I believe so.

And then on the question about current annual income, that's when you'll put your own individual income. If you're submitting tax transcripts, make sure you include both of your W2s to prove individual income.

Question about Interview Date

Was wondering how the Interview date is assigned at NVC?

Do they take the count of all the case completed petitions at or before certain date and request the concerned embassy to give them the dates?

OR

Does the embassy send the NVC ( say once a month )available interview date slots for the month?

The latter is what I've heard.

Since I am desperate to finish this long process like most of us, do you think is it helpful to call NVC everyday or twice a day to speed up the process??????????? Today was my 1st anniversary and was sad that I am not with my wife crying.gif

Calling doesn't speed up anything. Just call once a day to find out the status on your case. There's really no reason to call twice.

Sorry you had a checklist. I am waiting on interview date- and it is December now. Gotta look at it with postiive eyes- the fact that you must make this Christmas a memorable one with your family and friends where you are and take pictures, you will look back at it next year and miss it all.

Goodluck.

Thank you! I'm lucky...my hubby is planning to come for Christmas. He was able to come in and out last month on a business trip to the USA (East coast though, so I didn't see him.) But, will definitely enjoy our Christmas...and counting 16 days to seeing him! Also, saw your other post...congrats on getting an interview date!!! That's wonderful news! YAY!!!! dancin5hr.gif

Interview set for end of January- processing this news and the fact that the long stressful journey is about to be over.

SO SO SO happy to hear that!!1 goofy.gifdancin5hr.gif It seems like it takes so long...we think the NOA2 is the big thing, but this NVC piece has taken so long for many of us! Keep us posted and good luck! You'll be able to be together so soon!!!! What a great Christmas/New Year present!

I received two email. One was to pay the AOS fees and another was to my wife telling her visa process is now at NVC. I paid the AOS fees. What is the preferred way; wait for the AOS to be paid and then send the package, or send right away.

Will the IV invoice happen soon? or more delay?

P.S. I already filled the Choice agent before I got the AOS invoice.

I sent my packages immediately upon payment. I knew the funds were in the bank so wasn't worried. Had no problem. I just didn't want to delay any extra days. It should show as pending almost immediately.

Hello again,

Checking in! Still at NVC (going at this since Sept)....hopefully we will move over to the interview thread for January. Just waiting for them to review the new docs from my checklist. :/

Thankfully I will be flying out to see my husband for our 1 year anniversary.

I'm right there with you! Keep me posted on your status. I just sent the items from my checklist today. They arrive Wednesday. Hopefully they'll accept all of our IV paperwork too and we don't have a checklist on that. (But, I'm expecting the worst, just incase.) Good luck to you!!! dancin5hr.gif

Totally agree with you there! Totally stressful and they're so unhelpful and non communicative. You should call and ask for your case number. Have you been doing that? Once you have that, you can log in to the site.

I was calling every day at first, then switched to 2-3 times per week. Now that we're waiting to hear back about our IV and AOS packets, I was calling about 2-times per week. Well, I've learned that calling daily is a bit of a waste of time, because our checklist was generated and sent out within 2 days of my last call. I called on Tuesday night and they were closed for Thanksgiving. I got the checklist by email on Friday. That means that it was sent out within 2 days of my call...not bad. So, if you're at the point where you're waiting for checklists....I'd actually take a different perspective to what some recommend--I wouldn't recommend calling every day. Call maybe 2-times per week (beginning and towards the end of the week maybe.) If there's news in between, you'll get an email pretty quickly if you signed up for electronic updates. Just my 2-cents. I don't know about you, but sitting on hold for 30-45 minutes is not something I enjoy doing every night (nor have time for.) And it just adds to my stress. So, twice per week has been working for me. I hate to say it...but it looks like patience is truly a virtue at this point for all of us. I really thought this part of the process would have been faster. Looks like we have at least one more month in NVC at their current rate...and hopefully no more checklists.... Sorry you are in the same shoes! Good luck! good.gif

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Timeline

Have you called USCIS to find out the status of your case?

yes the uscis said that it will take 30 days.. thank you, and nvc also send us an email that they has not yet receive the papers, and we have to wait for 8weeks from the date our petition got approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you so much Jematt- your smiley face made me laugh- haha. the dancing face. If we could speed up the interview date we would, but I don't think at this point it is possible!!?? - it will go fast though.

Thank you! I'm lucky...my hubby is planning to come for Christmas. He was able to come in and out last month on a business trip to the USA (East coast though, so I didn't see him.) But, will definitely enjoy our Christmas...and counting 16 days to seeing him! Also, saw your other post...congrats on getting an interview date!!! That's wonderful news! YAY!!!! dancin5hr.gif

SO SO SO happy to hear that!!1 goofy.gifdancin5hr.gif It seems like it takes so long...we think the NOA2 is the big thing, but this NVC piece has taken so long for many of us! Keep us posted and good luck! You'll be able to be together so soon!!!! What a great Christmas/New Year present!

I sent my packages immediately upon payment. I knew the funds were in the bank so wasn't worried. Had no problem. I just didn't want to delay any extra days. It should show as pending almost immediately.

I'm right there with you! Keep me posted on your status. I just sent the items from my checklist today. They arrive Wednesday. Hopefully they'll accept all of our IV paperwork too and we don't have a checklist on that. (But, I'm expecting the worst, just incase.) Good luck to you!!! dancin5hr.gif

Totally agree with you there! Totally stressful and they're so unhelpful and non communicative. You should call and ask for your case number. Have you been doing that? Once you have that, you can log in to the site.

I was calling every day at first, then switched to 2-3 times per week. Now that we're waiting to hear back about our IV and AOS packets, I was calling about 2-times per week. Well, I've learned that calling daily is a bit of a waste of time, because our checklist was generated and sent out within 2 days of my last call. I called on Tuesday night and they were closed for Thanksgiving. I got the checklist by email on Friday. That means that it was sent out within 2 days of my call...not bad. So, if you're at the point where you're waiting for checklists....I'd actually take a different perspective to what some recommend--I wouldn't recommend calling every day. Call maybe 2-times per week (beginning and towards the end of the week maybe.) If there's news in between, you'll get an email pretty quickly if you signed up for electronic updates. Just my 2-cents. I don't know about you, but sitting on hold for 30-45 minutes is not something I enjoy doing every night (nor have time for.) And it just adds to my stress. So, twice per week has been working for me. I hate to say it...but it looks like patience is truly a virtue at this point for all of us. I really thought this part of the process would have been faster. Looks like we have at least one more month in NVC at their current rate...and hopefully no more checklists.... Sorry you are in the same shoes! Good luck! good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.