heartlip

Plz help just faced interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Dear vj's

Today I faced interview everything was ok but I was refused to get visa. Embassy took my passport but asked to get affidavit if support.

- my wife aos is insufficient so I seeked for joint sponsor

- one guy who stays alone supported me and he filed aos. I -864 . His last year income was 22,000/- but I don't know why embassy didn't accepted his aos as I didn't get any checklist after sending his aos.

- what should I do now?? My wife's household size was 5.

Plzz am damn worried and in tension .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You need a new joint sponsor. Once you find one forward the new affidavit of support and documentation to the consulate. Just because the NVC accepts the AOS, doesn't mean it was approved, the consulate always has the final say in whether or not it is approved.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear vj's

Today I faced interview everything was ok but I was refused to get visa. Embassy took my passport but asked to get affidavit if support.

- one guy who stays alone supported me and he filed aos. I -864 . His last year income was 22,000/- but I don't know why embassy didn't accepted his aos as I didn't get any checklist after sending his aos.

Sorry to hear that.

Is your joint sponsor single/married/divorced and/or does not have any dependent on his tax returns? A wife/ex-wife, child, parent, sibling or another sponsored immigrant (even if they don't live with him) declared on his ITR counts as a member of his household PLUS himself PLUS you. Maybe that's the reason why the embassy rejected his affidavit of support.

Find someone else, ASAP. Your visa depends on that. The sooner you find a new joint sponsor, the better.

Timeline

Sorry to hear that.

Is your joint sponsor single/married/divorced and/or does not have any dependent on his tax returns? A wife/ex-wife, child, parent, sibling or another sponsored immigrant (even if they don't live with him) declared on his ITR counts as a member of his household PLUS himself PLUS you. Maybe that's the reason why the embassy rejected his affidavit of support.

Find someone else, ASAP. Your visa depends on that. The sooner you find a new joint sponsor, the better.

My joint sponsor is single. There is no any dependent on him.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear vj's

Find another sponsor ASAP. Please read requirement for AOS and then ensure that new sponsor meet those requirements. Good luck and god bless...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My joint sponsor is single. There is no any dependent on him.

That's odd. You can try calling the embassy to contest the 221g (if that's even possible) or just find a new joint sponsor.

Timeline

That's odd. You can try calling the embassy to contest the 221g (if that's even possible) or just find a new joint sponsor.

Thanks I will seek for joint sponsor with huge income. Do I need to show relation to joint sponsor also??

- if am approved they call me directly to Recieve or again do interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is possible they considered the income of the previous joint sponsor unstable, or just not enough despite it being above the poverty limit, they do have that discretion. You do not need to show a relationship to the joint sponsor, it can be anyone. It is possible, but unlikely they will give you another interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hello frens,

I asked one of my relative to be my sponsor. He said he need to make transcript of tax shock takes about 12 days. Is there any option faster than this

If he is next to a fax machine he can call IRS and they will fax the transcripts over. If he is nearby an IRS office he can do a walk-in and get the transcripts there.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.