sunshine1102

how do I cancel this whole process and retrive my valuables??

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You flew through the process from start of filing to case complete in 7 months, which is super fast for a CR1 !!!
The few months waiting for an interview are nothing. If your case goes into AP for an average time length of an additional 5 months

then I would gladly trade with your journey over my 16 months AP, denial and re filing.
I honestly don't think you have anything to complain about at this time.
But if you rather live in the currently unstable country of Egypt with riots and war than waiting a few more month, then go for it.

I can not for the life of me understand your decision to quit 5 minutes before the stroke of 12.

I hope you will not end up with regret and have to start all over again in the future.

You say you do not have the money to visit him again but you have the money to move there ?

Request all originals back from NVC in writing and then you will have them. Easy peasy. Good luck with the move.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

i reached the end soo many times but i knew i had to be strong.our plan b was to move back with him it he dint get his visa an today he got it.in few days he will be here with me

Filed: Timeline

Sushine, U miss hubby and is frustrated, Y don't U set up

something with family or so as continued domicile address,

your license & maintain a bank account, then go be with hubby

until interview....don't throw it all away, when things get to

U there U will blame hubby & curse the countrys condition

if U R unhappy

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My-oh-my!!! Looks like you are so very close! You can do it, keep waiting, it will TOTALLY be worth it in the end! I'm not sure what country your husband is from/your origin country but when I get depressed and pissed at all the waiting I just think of the military wives all over the world who have to say goodbye to their husbands leaving for a conflict zone and perhaps may not see them for 6 months or 1 year or maybe 2 even. Or worse-- perhaps NEVER see them again... I am not implying that your situation is easy or anything, I know it is not from my own experience, but it could always be worse. I know my fiance is safe, happy, has a roof over his head, and friends and family that love him in Ghana, so that keeps my mind at ease... maybe that thinking could help you get through one day at a time. At least it works for me ;)

This process is terrible, and long, and frustrating but you can do it! :)

You flew through the process from start of filing to case complete in 7 months, which is super fast for a CR1 !!!

The few months waiting for an interview are nothing. If your case goes into AP for an average time length of an additional 5 months

then I would gladly trade with your journey over my 16 months AP, denial and re filing.

I honestly don't think you have anything to complain about at this time.

But if you rather live in the currently unstable country of Egypt with riots and war than waiting a few more month, then go for it.

I can not for the life of me understand your decision to quit 5 minutes before the stroke of 12.

I hope you will not end up with regret and have to start all over again in the future.

You say you do not have the money to visit him again but you have the money to move there ?

Request all originals back from NVC in writing and then you will have them. Easy peasy. Good luck with the move.

I honestly dont know through the long journey of yours if you got to be with your significant other during the time of ur journey, but pretty sure at some point of time you have, becuase you were able to, but again.i dont know and about my move money, if you need me to get technical and in details the ticket to go visit only is over a grand, not including extra money to spend and the one way ticket is 600$ only and we will live back with our family there.

I dont know what kind of job you have but im pretty sure its not a 8/hr job, which im gonna have to.save thouse 600$ from that 8/hr job which is alot easier than 1300$ +....

And Egypt is my home country and I was born there and lived there during all the struggles my country went through and I coped with it fine. and if something would happene to me or my husband's life id rather take my last breath being with him.

the country you have your case processing is.completely different from egypt, the embassy in egypt have always made it complicated for the egyptian applicants no matter what.

there were reasons to why we descided to start the paper work in case your wondering" then why you want to live in the us",and they are personal and no need to share all my life details.

Im definitly not going to waste months or Years of my life and my husband's being away from each other trying to fight for a visa especially if its not meant to be.

well wheather you care for all that I wrote or not, that is not my point, my point here is that everybody cope with situations differently and everybody's life is.different and everybody got their own system in life and its up to them what they.choose and not for anybody to tell them what is right for them or judge their descions or actions especially when they dont know the complete detail of that person's life, because everybody knows what is right for their own life.

god bless you in your journey and hope things go fastet for you and for your hard work and struggle.

USCIS

12/04/2012: I-130 sent

12/08/2012:NOA1 received

04/18/2013: RFE received

04/22/2013:RFE SENT

04/28/2013: NOA 2

NVC

05/06/2013: nvc received

05/23/2013: case# and IIN received

05/23/2013: ds 3032 sent

05/24/2013: ds 3032 rejected

05/24/2013: ds 3032 sent again

05/30/2013: ds 3032 rejected again

06/03/2013: was unable to login payment portal

06/04/2013: AOS invoiced and received DS 3032 Email

06/04/2013: paid AOS

06/04/2013: Resend DS 3032

06/05/2013: DS 3032 accepted.

06/07/2013: IV invoiced and paid

06/10/2013: AOS and IV both expressed mailed

06/11/2013: Packages are delivered at the NVC.

07/01/2013: check list received.

07/03/2013: IV accepted

07/05/2013: check list sent.

07/08/2013: package recieved.

07/22/2013: CASE COMPLETE!!!!!! yayyyyyy :D

12/12/2013: Interview.... :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you not withdraw anything at NVC, go to your husband, and wait it out over there, with him.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I just want to thank you all for the.comforting replies and suggestions. :) god bless you all on your visas and processings, hopefully everything go smooth for all of you guys that are.waiting, especially long waits.

USCIS

12/04/2012: I-130 sent

12/08/2012:NOA1 received

04/18/2013: RFE received

04/22/2013:RFE SENT

04/28/2013: NOA 2

NVC

05/06/2013: nvc received

05/23/2013: case# and IIN received

05/23/2013: ds 3032 sent

05/24/2013: ds 3032 rejected

05/24/2013: ds 3032 sent again

05/30/2013: ds 3032 rejected again

06/03/2013: was unable to login payment portal

06/04/2013: AOS invoiced and received DS 3032 Email

06/04/2013: paid AOS

06/04/2013: Resend DS 3032

06/05/2013: DS 3032 accepted.

06/07/2013: IV invoiced and paid

06/10/2013: AOS and IV both expressed mailed

06/11/2013: Packages are delivered at the NVC.

07/01/2013: check list received.

07/03/2013: IV accepted

07/05/2013: check list sent.

07/08/2013: package recieved.

07/22/2013: CASE COMPLETE!!!!!! yayyyyyy :D

12/12/2013: Interview.... :-)

Lady, it is what it is. If the reason, the sole reason is the processing time that is causing you to cancel please reconsider.

There is probably more to it than meets the eye. Why give up when you are so close to the end?

Timeline for I-130 and I-485 and I-765

06/07/2010 - Married

06/30/2012 - I-130 package mailed (filed separately)

07/03/2012 - Package received

07/05/2012 - NOA1 received

03/08/2013 - NOA2 received (Approval notice)

07/03/2013 - I-485/I-765 package sent

07/08/2013 - Package received

07/11/2013 - NOA1 for I-485/I-765 received

07/16/2013 - Biometrics Notice received

08/07/2013 - Biometrics completed

08/21/2013 - Notice to appear for interview received. Scheduled for 09/26/2013

09/05/2013 - Notice of EAD approval received

09/13/2013 - EAD delivered by USPS

09/26/2013 - Interview - ***Approved***

09/27/2013 - Card/Document production

09/27/2013 - Permanent Residence status registered- notice mailed

10/03/2013 - NOA2 for I-485/Welcome Letter received

10/04/2013 - Received an update- Card mailed

10/09/2013 - Card Received

To God Be The Glory Great Things He has Done!!!

Don't give it up. Is there any other problem aside from NVC?

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

yea my case been completed on the date I have on my signature 07/22, but this whole time no interview and I called nvc and the lady told me my husband wont even.have an intetview for november, and ive been away from my husband a year I left him in october of last year to come here and start things, and I havent seen him since, and you would think well go see him, well the tickets are.not that cheap and.we are.definitly not that rich or have the financial ability to do so like others. so im not going to hange around here for another 3 or 4 months waiting to just get an interview and then possibly another 10 months if my husband ends up in AP after the interview, so im not going to. waist our live waiting for this, the immigration system in this country sucks and not worth dealing with, I wish I wouldve known!!!

After 6 years of marriage and two little ones I will just quietly tell you this: It seems so dam hard and impossible to overcome when it's in front of you and you are apart. A few years from now though you will laugh about it (if you even remember it).

Whatever you decide good luck.

i don't get it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I hope you listen to everyone else, and practice more patience. I don't know if you truly understand how close you guys are. The wait you have done so far would have been such a waste! I think you are frustrated with this country and on top of that not being with your husband. But there is a reason you both choose to go through the process originally instead of just staying in Egypt in the first place. A lot of people here have had to wait over a year without seeing their loved one, when I was going through my journey I was pregnant and wanted to quit everything and just move to Nigeria to be with my husband so he can be there to see the birth of our first child. I did calm down and used every last strength in me to continue, especially for the sake of our child ( she will have more options as an American Citizen). Our process took 9 months, and we are now waiting for AOS ( which is another long wait). I would suggest maybe trying to focus your energy in figuring out ways to increase your income or taking small steps to starting a career. This will keep you distracted to keep on going. I understand with the income, the state of this country right now, and being away from your hubby is beyond frustrating but please reconsider other options. Think about children you will in the future and the options they will have available to them. Good Luck and may you find peace.

I hope you listen to everyone else, and practice more patience. I don't know if you truly understand how close you guys are. The wait you have done so far would have been such a waste! I think you are frustrated with this country and on top of that not being with your husband. But there is a reason you both choose to go through the process originally instead of just staying in Egypt in the first place. A lot of people here have had to wait over a year without seeing their loved one, when I was going through my journey I was pregnant and wanted to quit everything and just move to Nigeria to be with my husband so he can be there to see the birth of our first child. I did calm down and used every last strength in me to continue, especially for the sake of our child ( she will have more options as an American Citizen). Our process took 9 months, and we are now waiting for AOS ( which is another long wait). I would suggest maybe trying to focus your energy in figuring out ways to increase your income or taking small steps to starting a career. This will keep you distracted to keep on going. I understand with the income, the state of this country right now, and being away from your hubby is beyond frustrating but please reconsider other options. Think about children you will in the future and the options they will have available to them. Good Luck and may you find peace.

But Madam, the little one will always be a USC regardless where shes born.

In any case you may be trying to avoid the whole "birther" issue when it comes to becoming a President.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.