46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Sheldongirl -Did they do a drug test , or did they find it the blood test ? Or did he admit to use it as a recreational drug ? I am sorry to hear . If you have the money and wish to appeal - get a good immigration lawyer . Good luck on your journey .

Don't waste the money on a lawyer... Admitted drug use is one year...so sorry... Us it for a visit while you wait out the ban... So sorry... But i secondmthe other idea that maybe you get married and file for CR1 which will save you some money in the end and get the GC when he does enter (so he can start working immediately ) just an idea?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was aware of everything, which is why my fiance quit smoking. I spoke with USCIS and they told me it wasn't real likely he would get denied if he can prove he quit smoking but of course he couldn't give me a guarantee. Along with that I read the typical reasons for denial and it stated deception. Since my fiance had been arrested a couple times for having a joint, he couldn't say he never smoked it. So, no he doesn't smoke anymore. He didn't ban him for a full year, only the amount of time left in the year. In other words, he has to deduct the amount of time he last smoked from a year. But, the consular he got was a grouchy dude. In fact, prior to him even asking about the marijuana, he scrutinized my employment and our age difference. I believe if he had been interviewed by a non judgmental consular, he may not have been banned. The guy was searching for a reason to refuse and that was all he could come up with

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So when was the last time he took drugs?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would rather not discuss those details Boiler. Thanks Christeen, we have discussed that as we were going to get married this past January and file a CR1 but something came up and we couldn't, so I filed the K1. I'm somewhat glad we didn't do the CR1 initially since that wouldn't have eliminated the ban

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

It is unfortunate that your fiance was denied his visa. I understand your frustration about ilegal immigrants, people on welfare and so on but it doesn't make it one notch unfair the drug use. I believe that we are in a process where we need to be in our best behavior, aether we are in our country or not. Drug use is drug use no matter what. Unless you have a prescription from a Dr then I would think otherwise. I believe we shouldn't judge not criticize others when drug use no matter what is bad. Drugs are as wrong as those "Ilegal Immigrants" and others are. Just my personal thought.

Timeline

Last time this happened OP was really frustrated with SO, not knowing he had returned to his old ways.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you ok&mk. My heart is heavy with sadness. Scammers make life so difficult for the rest of us who just want to live our lives. I should be able to be with whomever I choose and bring them to where I live. To spend all the money and time waiting for this and to be denied for something so miniscual is absolutely beyond my comprehension. My fiance is hard working man and deserves a much better life than Jamaica can provide. We have so many Americans that are lazy, non productive, and a waste of our tax dollars. We should be able to kick them out and let people who want to become someone, be someone, and make a difference in their own lives as well as their families lives. Truly unconscienable and ridiculous!!!!!

where would you kick the lazy people out to?

Timeline

That would be tricky.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you ok&mk. My heart is heavy with sadness. Scammers make life so difficult for the rest of us who just want to live our lives. I should be able to be with whomever I choose and bring them to where I live. To spend all the money and time waiting for this and to be denied for something so miniscual is absolutely beyond my comprehension. My fiance is hard working man and deserves a much better life than Jamaica can provide. We have so many Americans that are lazy, non productive, and a waste of our tax dollars. We should be able to kick them out and let people who want to become someone, be someone, and make a difference in their own lives as well as their families lives. Truly unconscienable and ridiculous!!!!!

And someone who does drugs and is arrested more than once on drugs charges isn't a drain on society? You are kind of calling the kettle black, just sayin'.

Today my fiance had his interview with the Kingston embassy. I have yet to actually hear from him as he left his phone with someone in a town close by since it's not allowed inside the embassy. I knew he should be finishing up so I checked visa status and and it says refused. I called DOS and due to the fact the embassy has finalized the process, they were unable to tell me the reason is. I am going crazy over here as I've seen so many get approved every day. What do we do next?

My fiance was also refused a K1 visa on 9/11. He was given a paper saying that he is likely to become a public charge because I don't make enough money. You might wanna talk to him asap to see what paper was given to him. It doesn't say DENIED, so he has another chance.. we're going thru the same thing. :(cray5ol.gif

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today my fiance had his interview with the Kingston embassy. I have yet to actually hear from him as he left his phone with someone in a town close by since it's not allowed inside the embassy. I knew he should be finishing up so I checked visa status and and it says refused. I called DOS and due to the fact the embassy has finalized the process, they were unable to tell me the reason is. I am going crazy over here as I've seen so many get approved every day. What do we do next?

Well he was probably honest and told the truth during his medical exam, and that was the

reason for the denial. He will call, he's probably going through an emotional stage right

now. Give it time.....Good Luck! Check out your options and see where it takes you..

I was aware of everything, which is why my fiance quit smoking. I spoke with USCIS and they told me it wasn't real likely he would get denied if he can prove he quit smoking but of course he couldn't give me a guarantee. Along with that I read the typical reasons for denial and it stated deception. Since my fiance had been arrested a couple times for having a joint, he couldn't say he never smoked it. So, no he doesn't smoke anymore. He didn't ban him for a full year, only the amount of time left in the year. In other words, he has to deduct the amount of time he last smoked from a year. But, the consular he got was a grouchy dude. In fact, prior to him even asking about the marijuana, he scrutinized my employment and our age difference. I believe if he had been interviewed by a non judgmental consular, he may not have been banned. The guy was searching for a reason to refuse and that was all he could come up with

While you guys are waiting out the 1 year ban, is there any way he could join a group or probably join a program that provides written proof when a person has been clean from drug use? I'm sorry, I dont even know if there's such a thing. This just came to my mind so that next time you file, you actually have written proof that he took an extra step in proving he's clean. Again, I'm sorry you got denied, and I know nobody knows him more than you, if you say he is a good man, drug user or not, he is a good man. Since he was honest and told them about his past, I hope this would bring something good on your next try.

Edited by iammrsregi

Of course, I must agree with you guys about scammers and liars but this denial is based on 'drug' use even if it is 'just' marijuana. This is unfortunate but hopefully, this time next year we'll have a positive report from Sheldon'sgirl with their approval. Keep your head up Sheldon'sgirl.

Whilst I feel sorry for the OP situation I have to say am stand againts any kind drugs use. Even you stated "it is just marijuana" it stills drug use. If the OP wants her fiance come to US she needs to do a lot work to assure her fiance is clean from any of it. When you love someone, you would never let they destroy them selves, would you?

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.