Adriana&Karel

heartbroken :'(

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We went to the embassy filled with hope, got all our paperwork in order and very well organized. Passed the first interview and got denied on the second one. The reason?? I need a new I-134 a bigger earning one, my co-sponsor friend, has no dependents and earns 30,000 a year working with ESPN. Granted, when i first submited the paperwork i was working, but since i had to move i was not going to be able to keep my employment, so i firgured with 6000$ child support and paying no rent plus this co-sponsor, it should be enough...right? Well, i guess i was wrong, and now all my dreams and hopes go down the drain, we have invested so much money and energy in this and now all i have is emptyness :(

I have my daughter in Miami, currently staying with her dad until i was ready with this process, she was hoping we would come back together ( my fiance and i) she was even planning a welcome surprise for us, words cannot express how sad i am. I dont even know where to begin from now, my fiance wants me to go back to my daughter and even though he hasnt tell me this exactly i can see on his eyes, he is ready to throw in the towel, he told me he cant no more, this has been very tiring and difficult for us, me away from my daughter and him hoping that we would finally be together, we kind of put all our eggs in one basket and now we have nothing.

They advise us to get a new I134, the problem is i have no one who can do this for me, or at least someone who can make more than my friend, and even if i did, i am not completly sure my fiance would go through this once more.

What can i do???

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We went to the embassy filled with hope, got all our paperwork in order and very well organized. Passed the first interview and got denied on the second one. The reason?? I need a new I-134 a bigger earning one, my co-sponsor friend, has no dependents and earns 30,000 a year working with ESPN. Granted, when i first submited the paperwork i was working, but since i had to move i was not going to be able to keep my employment, so i firgured with 6000$ child support and paying no rent plus this co-sponsor, it should be enough...right? Well, i guess i was wrong, and now all my dreams and hopes go down the drain, we have invested so much money and energy in this and now all i have is emptyness sad.png

I have my daughter in Miami, currently staying with her dad until i was ready with this process, she was hoping we would come back together ( my fiance and i) she was even planning a welcome surprise for us, words cannot express how sad i am. I dont even know where to begin from now, my fiance wants me to go back to my daughter and even though he hasnt tell me this exactly i can see on his eyes, he is ready to throw in the towel, he told me he cant no more, this has been very tiring and difficult for us, me away from my daughter and him hoping that we would finally be together, we kind of put all our eggs in one basket and now we have nothing.

They advise us to get a new I134, the problem is i have no one who can do this for me, or at least someone who can make more than my friend, and even if i did, i am not completly sure my fiance would go through this once more.

What can i do???

There's only 3 in your household? And the $30,000 wasn't enough? What did his 2012 income come to? That seems weird.

And you weren't denied you were given a 221g, correct? So you have time to try and find someone else.

I know many Embassies don't just consider current income they look at last year and render a decision.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm far from an expert on this but why isn't your co-sponsor enough? Seems that it should be enough to qualify.

I would make sure you understand completely why you were denied and if they will allow you to address the issue.

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Some of the consulates do not allow for co-sponsors for K1, is this one of them? I really can't imagine how that isn't enough for a co-sponsor. My thoughts would be get the co-sponsor to sign an I-864 instead because it is legally enforceable whereas the I-134 is not. Also include pay stubs, and tax transcripts from said co-sponsor.

Alternatives are also to get married and do the CR1 route.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yes they gave him a blue paper!

I went to the interview with him and even though i asked why that decition was taken the officer did not explained on detail. He only said i needed to get me another sponsor with more money. Maybe is because she hasnt been working there for too long. I also pointed out i wont be paying any rent as i would live with my mom and that my friend and sponsor makes 30K a year, they never asked for child support papers showing i indeed get 500 a month.

This embassy hardly denies people from what i heard, and they do accept co sponsors.

Does any body knows how long do i have to find another sponsor?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi, i am not an expert at this either, and feel free to correct me if i am wrong, just trying to help; but when you mentioned you were going to live with your mom: who else lives there also? did you count your daughter also on the form? i guess from looking at the poverty guidelines, and i may be looking at it wrong, but if you mentioned you, your fiance, your daughter, your mom, and your co-sponsor, that is 5 in total and poverty guidelines for 2013: 30k income would be sufficient for four people, but not 5.... so i dont know if this is the case but i think it may be an idea at least.....

She doesn't have to count her mom in her household count and the joint sponsor really does not.

Petitioner household counts:

• petitioner
  • child
  • Immigrant

Joint sponsor household counts (according to OP)

• Joint sponsor
  • immigrant

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

they gave your fiance a timeframe in which to get this new stuff submitted -

what was the timeframe?

I've read of other IV Units giving up to a year, to get a new I-134 in.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ask around the neighborhood or at your local church.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ask around the neighborhood or at your local church.

Their decision is for your best interest as those income levels, which are quite low, are designed to ensure that there is some minimum with which to work with to get the new immigrants to be settled into the US. If you can't find enough, then you have to withdraw and wait until you make enough and file again. It's all for the best and this requirement was known before you began.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

How much time do i have to try to find another co-sponsor? Does anybody knows?

they gave your fiance a timeframe in which to get this new stuff submitted -

what was the timeframe?

I've read of other IV Units giving up to a year, to get a new I-134 in.

i was there at the interview, i was never said how long, but a year seems fair.

Their decision is for your best interest as those income levels, which are quite low, are designed to ensure that there is some minimum with which to work with to get the new immigrants to be settled into the US. If you can't find enough, then you have to withdraw and wait until you make enough and file again. It's all for the best and this requirement was known before you began.

I know it is, and i also knew this when i began the process, but things change...when i first submitted the package i was more than able to support him all on my own, then i had a car accident and lost my job, so i had to find me a co-sponsor. After that i had to move far from my job and without reliable transportation i wasnt going to be able to keep working there...i though my co-sponsor would work...But today i was told no and the rest is history.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What documentation did your co-sponsor provide for their current income? Are they self-employed or an employee? Was their job new(ish)? It sounds like the CO just did not accept that particular co-sponsor. Technically a co-sponsor can be anyone that resides in the US and is a USC or LPR, but some consulates more readily accept a co-sponsor if they are a relative. I do not know if that had any bearing on your situation or not though.

You were not denied. You are able to provide another co-sponsor that will satisfy them, so do not lose hope and give up already.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi, i am not an expert at this either, and feel free to correct me if i am wrong, just trying to help; but when you mentioned you were going to live with your mom: who else lives there also? did you count your daughter also on the form? i guess from looking at the poverty guidelines, and i may be looking at it wrong, but if you mentioned you, your fiance, your daughter, your mom, and your co-sponsor, that is 5 in total and poverty guidelines for 2013: 30k income would be sufficient for four people, but not 5.... so i dont know if this is the case but i think it may be an idea at least.....

Just because someone lives with you does not mean they are counted in your household size. A co-sponsor does not count the USC petitioner and their dependents on their own household size. They are sponsoring the intending immigrant, not the USC and her family. They would count themselves, any spouse, any minor children, any other dependents they claim on their taxes and the intending immigrant. If the co-sponsor is single with no dependents, then their household count would be only a total of 2.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes they gave him a blue paper!

I went to the interview with him and even though i asked why that decition was taken the officer did not explained on detail. He only said i needed to get me another sponsor with more money. Maybe is because she hasnt been working there for too long. I also pointed out i wont be paying any rent as i would live with my mom and that my friend and sponsor makes 30K a year, they never asked for child support papers showing i indeed get 500 a month.

This embassy hardly denies people from what i heard, and they do accept co sponsors.

Does any body knows how long do i have to find another sponsor?

Thanks!

Okay I will say this again. I see this mentioned too many times. Most CO's truly really look at current salary and your last years wages to render a decision. I have seen 4 from varies embassies get denied. Don't know if your embassy is that picky. I think many just assume if they make alot now that past don't matter. but they want to make sure things don't happen.

I know someone just last week last year was $200 under guideline and current they will make just over guideline and were told get a co-sponsor.

also you mentioned she wasn't at job long so was last year under the guideline?

Now household size is your co-sponsor household plus your husband. So are you at that level?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.