sky2013

I really need help

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I file I-751 07/2012 and I am still waiting for 10yr Green Card

I am permanent resident from 08/2010 and I can file for Citizenship based on marrage.

What should I do should I file or still wait for 2nd Green Card? I really dont know what to do.

I called 2 times and dile E-request 2 times and still no word I did biometrics in August 2012 and that is it...

What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

file for n400 that will make them answer on the I751 since you are going for citizenship. Good luck.

good.gif

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

file for n400 that will make them answer on the I751 since you are going for citizenship. Good luck.

good.gif

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree. I would just go ahead and file for citizenship. I remember waiting a long time for my 10 year green card.

Did they send you a letter telling you that you have permanent residence status for another year while they process your application? You are still a permanent resident, so you can file for citizenship. Good luck! If you are worried, you can always make an InfoPass appointment and talk to them.

I agree. I would just go ahead and file for citizenship. I remember waiting a long time for my 10 year green card.

Did they send you a letter telling you that you have permanent residence status for another year while they process your application? You are still a permanent resident, so you can file for citizenship. Good luck! If you are worried, you can always make an InfoPass appointment and talk to them.

They sent me a letter on 07/31/2012 for i have few more weeks

Do I nwwd lawyer to file for Citizenship or I should file on my own? I need to make decision soon dont have much time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Call USCIS and ask for a level 2 officer, talk with him/her about your problem / delay. you need a new extention letter.

I had a problem with my bio appt. and a they help me.

I think you don't need a lawyer for N-400. Read carefuly and follow the instructions and attach all paper. In this website can help you with that.

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They sent me a letter on 07/31/2012 for i have few more weeks

Do I nwwd lawyer to file for Citizenship or I should file on my own? I need to make decision soon dont have much time

First, I think you should get an InfoPass appointment, and get a green card stamp (I-551 stamp) in your passport to extend your permanent residence status. You don't want it to run out. Just tell them that you are still waiting for your 10 year green card, and that your permanent residence will expire soon.

They will give you another year of permanent residence, and you don't have to worry anymore. I had to go to the USCIS and get the I-551 stamp because I was trying to change my name, I didn't have my 10 year green card, and the SSA wouldn't accept their letter. I made an InfoPass appointment, told them, and they stamped my passport. They gave me permanent residence for another year. The USCIS InfoPass website is here:

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Honestly, the paperwork for the N-400 (Application for Naturalization) is easier than all the other applications. I used a lawyer for the I-130, but I did not use a lawyer for the I-751 and the N-400. If you get the I-551 stamp in your passport, then you can definitely do it on your own. If you don't get the I-551 stamp, then I think you should get a lawyer to be safe.

Call USCIS and ask for a level 2 officer, talk with him/her about your problem / delay. you need a new extention letter.
I had a problem with my bio appt. and a they help me.
I think you don't need a lawyer for N-400. Read carefuly and follow the instructions and attach all paper. In this website can help you with that.

I called USCIS and after should conversation with first officer I requested to speak with Level 2 officer. I was on hold around 1 hour and 35 min!!! So finally somebody pick up the line they ask for receipt number and some information.

I asked what is going on with my case and i told him I am planing to file for US Citizenship, he told me I cant file if my I-751 was not approved!?

I told him I heard I can after 3 yrs of my 1st green card date. He told me in there system my I-751 is pending so if I file for Citizenship my case will not be approved!

This is so confusing....

and at the end he give me CSC email to follow up with my case ? csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

There is a person here who had your exact situation. He didn't get his green card after filing i751 but went ahead and filed N400. Now he is a US citizen and the I 751 is still pending. The office in your area can look up your I751 while you file for N400

same situation happened to my cousin also, he filed I-751, but he never received any decision on it and then he went to file the N-400 on the 3 year rule and got his citizenship approved, they ask him question about I-751 there altogether.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I called USCIS and after should conversation with first officer I requested to speak with Level 2 officer. I was on hold around 1 hour and 35 min!!! So finally somebody pick up the line they ask for receipt number and some information.

I asked what is going on with my case and i told him I am planing to file for US Citizenship, he told me I cant file if my I-751 was not approved!?

I told him I heard I can after 3 yrs of my 1st green card date. He told me in there system my I-751 is pending so if I file for Citizenship my case will not be approved!

This is so confusing....

and at the end he give me CSC email to follow up with my case ? csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov [/size]

The person you talked to was wrong. File the N-400 it forces them to adjudicate the ROC.

Also, what do you mean you "don't have much time"? The 90 days before 3 years is just how EARLY you can file. There is no deadline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Just a plain advice that more then 80% of the members here will tell you go ahead and file for citizenship, don't wait. The person that you did talk is wrong and they will not tell you hey yes you can file for citizenship while your I751 is pending.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.