NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Wife received her passport back with CR-1 visa and sealed packet this morning!

We immediately created her ELIS account and paid the immigration fee.

I've heard we should update the mailing address in the profile section so we went about doing that. We had to log out and back in before the "update my profile" link would appear. We updated the physical and mailing addresses, phone numbers, and notification preferences.

Her biographic and citizenship information is still incomplete. Some of the fields are blank (i.e. city of birth, gender, citizenship) but updating them requires uploading supporting evidence which I thought was a little overkill to pay a fee.

I assume USCIS will enter the right information in these fields at POE or later? Then again, one would think they would also update the physical and mailing addresses...

I've seen on this thread and elsewhere people suggesting that only the addresses need to be updated. Is that right? Do we not need to worry about the incomplete biographical and citizenship sections?

Thanks.

address to 'ship the greencard' isn't stored/used at ELIS. You'd think it was, as there is storage for it, but it's not used.

Instead, make certain she has the new address in her hand at the POE, ask the Immigration Officer to manually update the address, giving over a slip of paper with it printed on it.

No, I'm not kidding. addresses stored in ELIS aren't used. I fought that battle, for 2.5 months.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

1. Wowwww USCIS has a new look and they give more informations. If I dont receive my green card by Nov 14th I have to make a e request. not bad....

• I 130 sent to chicago lockbox: september 7, 2013
  • email received with case number: september 11
  • NOA1 received: Sepember 15 / PD: september 09
  • Transferred to NSC: Feb, 25 2014

Approved (email): 14 Mar 2014 :dancing: :dancing:

• Shipped to NVC: March 21 2014
  • NVC received: April 02 2014 :dancing:
  • Case #: May 2 2014 :content:
  • DS261 completed: May 6 2014
  • AOS Invoiced and PAID: May 7 2014
  • AOS fee show Paid : May 10 2014
  • AOS package scanned: May 16 2014
  • IV fee invoiced and Paid: May 20,20
  • DS 260 submitted and IV package sent: May 23, 2014
  • IV package scanned: June 3rd 2014
  • AOS approved : June 17th 2014 (false check list and NVC rep confirmation)
  • AOS fee changed NA: July 8 2014
  • Case Completed by Joy :rofl: : July 9 2014
  • Interview date assigned: July 10 2014
  • Medical done: July 23 2014
  • Interview: August 20, 2014 (Approved)
  • Visa issued : August 22, 2014
  • visa available for pick up: August 25, 2014
  • Visa in hand: August 27, 2014
  • POE : Sept 13 2014
  • SSC received:Sept 20 2014
  • ​GC in production: Nov 14 2014
  • GC mailed: Feb 27 2015

I received my green card yesterday!!

All information was present and correct. It was 4 weeks to the day of my entry into the US! So it took LESS than a month from POE for me to get SSN and GC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Emailed USCIS on Saturday and they answered today, so real fast.

"...you entered the United States on October 6, 2014. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 45 days of your entry into the United States with your immigrant visa. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the timeframe stated above, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Customer Contact Center using the Email Us for Help link"

IR1 took 520 days....

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hi guys,

I had a Diversity Visa and i applied to get a green card and i paid the fees, in 10/17/2014, before travel to USA. Also, i come in to San Francisco Airport in 10/23/2014. So Now, my case is on an accepted statut since 10/17/2014 with the following message "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review" and it didn't change yet.

I would like to know, how many days or weeks it takes to change to optimized statut.

are there no problems for my case ?, is it regular?

Thank you

hey guys

how to know the track number usps for green card in the new look of the uscis system !? any idea

enter the receipt number from your ELIS profile, mine starts from IOE##########

I finally received my greencard today and guess what?My first name is incomplete!Instead of putting Mary Rose they only put Mary R on it.Is this normal?Everything from the letter and at the back of the greencard shows my complete name even my middle name but not the front.I may need to return it and file i-90 but any other suggestions or members here that have gone through this predicament?Thanks a lot

any update with your green card? we have the same problem :( I just received my green card today.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hey guys, I need some help. My POE was Fort Lauderdale October 22, 2014. Both my wife and I entered same time. I started to check the status just yesterday and realised that my wife card was produced and delivered and I did not even know it was in the mailbox. Delivered November 20th 2014, However my status says "Optimized" in the bubble and "In Process" is the status from November 14th 2014.

How would my wife get her card before me, being that I am the primary applicant and we were processed at the same time? Also when I enter my IOEXXXXXXXXXX number in the case status is says ;

Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox

On November 14, 2014, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by December 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

why is my file in a lockbox? Is this a problem or is this normal??? Is there a problem with my case or file??

I think my blood pressure must have gone up since I started this Green Card stuff..

PLZ RESPOND!!!

any update with your green card? we have the same problem :( I just received my green card today.

I finally received my greencard today and guess what?My first name is incomplete!Instead of putting Mary Rose they only put Mary R on it.Is this normal?Everything from the letter and at the back of the greencard shows my complete name even my middle name but not the front.I may need to return it and file i-90 but any other suggestions or members here that have gone through this predicament?Thanks a lot

I have initial too.

All the people i know have initials too.

There is my full name on the other side of GC and there is my full name on the envelope they sent card in, so it means that they have my full name in the system.

Not going to fix anything, it seems like it's meant to be.

Edited by observatorka

Greetings! My husband completed his POE via Dublin on November 19th. We paid the $165 ELIS fee on November 5th. The USCIS ELIS site is still says "Accepted" as a status. Does anyone have any idea on when we'll get his Green Card?

Also, on Monday he went to the Social Security Office and he applied for his card and that should be here in 10 days. We did tick the box on his DS-260 to get a ssn card with Green Card, but when he went to the office they showed no record, so the officer let him apply for a card as we filled out the DS-260 on September 12th.

Marriage: 12-23-13 in England
Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: London, England

USCIS:
I-130 NOA1: 1-17-14

I-130 NOA2: 6-4-14

NVC:

Case Completed at NVC: 9-26-14 - No checklists

Embassy:

Medical Appointment: 10-15-14

Visa in Hand: 11-5-14
USCIS ELIS fee paid: 11-5-14
POE: 11-19-14 (via Dublin en route to Chicago)
SSN Received: 11-30-14
Green Card Received: 2-13-14

Greetings! My husband completed his POE via Dublin on November 19th. We paid the $165 ELIS fee on November 5th. The USCIS ELIS site is still says "Accepted" as a status. Does anyone have any idea on when we'll get his Green Card?

Also, on Monday he went to the Social Security Office and he applied for his card and that should be here in 10 days. We did tick the box on his DS-260 to get a ssn card with Green Card, but when he went to the office they showed no record, so the officer let him apply for a card as we filled out the DS-260 on September 12th.

Can take 1-3 months from POE or payment, whichever is later, which is the POE in your case.

He's only been here for less than 10 days. Don't worry.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do you understand the timeticks required with ELIS to get a greencard, holding a CR-1 or IR-1 visa? yes? no?

I ask, because you posit'd 'Does anyone have any idea on when we'll get his Green Card?'

If you are visiting this web portal on a cell phone, tablet, I ask (no, seriously) that you turn it off, remove the battery,

and visit this topic again on a personal computer (Windows or MAC) and read all of the posts here in this topic.

Can you? Will You? Should You? (my answer is yes)

Handphones suck, for real answers for real problems.

On a pc, knowledge acquisition on this 'topic' can be had within 2 hours. I ask you, invite you, to use a PC, now, nowish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.