Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Guys, when you call NVC to check the status of your case, do you always ask to talk to a supervisor?

I read here all these names, i.e. Gus=good, Art=bad, and I think I read they were supervisors. So, I am just wondering do you escalate only if there is a specific question, like for checklist items and such, or do you request to talk to them even just to check status, i.e. is case complete?

My only phone interaction so far with NVC was to see if our petition has arrived and get case numbers, and for that I didn't need a supervisor.

USCIS (106 days) US Consulate/Medical

12/18/12- NOA1 08/22/13- Medical

04/03/13- NOA2 09/16/13- Interview (Approved!)

Transit (68 days) 09/19/13- Visa in hand

NVC (59 days) 09/19/13- USCIS Immigrant Fee paid, ELIS: Circle: Accepted, Status: Case Received

06/10/13- Case Received ELIS/GC Production (63 days)

06/19/13- Case # and IIN Received 12/14/13- POE Houston

06/19/13- DS-3032 emailed 12/23/13- SSN card arrived in the mail

06/21/13- AOS bill paid 02/06/14- ELIS: Circle: Optimized, Status: In Process

06/25/13- DS-3032 accepted 02/07/14- USCIS status: Initial Review

06/26/13- IV bill paid 02/10/14- USCIS status: Card Production

06/28/13- AOS and IV packages sent 02/13/14- ELIS Circle: Closed, Status: Card Produced

07/23/13- IV accepted 02/15/14- card arrived in the mail

07/26/13- AOS accepted

07/26/13- Case complete

07/30/13- Interview scheduled (for 09/16/13)

08/08/13- Case left NVC For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

Hi everybody,

I am soooooo happy. Just got off the phone CASE COMPLETE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for all the help and hope we received.

I wish everybody can hear this, amazing feeling!

We've been in NVC since April 13 2013

And for all the others, who are still waiting ... we send our corrected AOS on 18 June, overnight mail, so probably received on 19 June.

Congrats! kicking.gif

Guys, when you call NVC to check the status of your case, do you always ask to talk to a supervisor?

I read here all these names, i.e. Gus=good, Art=bad, and I think I read they were supervisors. So, I am just wondering do you escalate only if there is a specific question, like for checklist items and such, or do you request to talk to them even just to check status, i.e. is case complete?

My only phone interaction so far with NVC was to see if our petition has arrived and get case numbers, and for that I didn't need a supervisor.

No, you only talk to the operators to check the status. The few times you'd need a supervisor would be like if you want a supervisor review done or if you have a question that none of the operators are able to answer.

I'll be in India all of august. I have not paid my AOS / IV bill yet (received case # yesterday) so assuming if i pay the bill by the 4th week of july - the packages would have to be sent thereafter...I wont be in the country for the entire month of august and would hate to wait all this while to send both the packages...

I figured i'll do his end of the paperwork while i'm there in India.

Everything comes via email, but I would put the petitioner's address in the USA. You don't wait for anything to come as packages, you should download and fill everything out yourself or you will be at the NVC for months and months.

Go back to the first page of this thread and read the first two posts (including the FAQ), and the links. Some of the information in the wiki links is a little outdated but all in all, it's good information!

Hey Saylin.. New hair picture on here.. STAT!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Last time I spoke to Gus he was just the one that received my call like a normal operator would

Everything comes via email, but I would put the petitioner's address in the USA. You don't wait for anything to come as packages, you should download and fill everything out yourself or you will be at the NVC for months and months.

Go back to the first page of this thread and read the first two posts (including the FAQ), and the links. Some of the information in the wiki links is a little outdated but all in all, it's good information!

Hey Saylin.. New hair picture on here.. STAT!

Lol, alright :)

IMG_1281_zps80ae188a.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I am soooooo happy. Just got off the phone CASE COMPLETE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for all the help and hope we received.

I wish everybody can hear this, amazing feeling!

We've been in NVC since April 13 2013

And for all the others, who are still waiting ... we send our corrected AOS on 18 June, overnight mail, so probably received on 19 June.

Congratulations. I have added you to the Case Complete. Interview thread. Come on over.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/438986-august-2013-interviews/page-23#entry6365262

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Got an email from NVC stating they have received all required documentation to complete pre-processing. I know wait to receive and interview date. Can I be added to the Case Complete thread? NVC case was received June 14 and got email July 12. Hope to get an August interview date.

Got an email from NVC stating they have received all required documentation to complete pre-processing. I know wait to receive and interview date. Can I be added to the Case Complete thread? NVC case was received June 14 and got email July 12. Hope to get an August interview date.

Congrats on the case complete! kicking.gif Time to update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have been added. Congratulations. Since you got email today. Your case complete is about the 5th. Come on over and wait with the rest.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/438986-august-2013-interviews/page-23#entry6365439

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

probably gonna miss the august cut off

Great! Just my freaking luck! Thanks anyway!

Does anybody know if I can call the embassy and see if there are slots for August? Is that even possible?

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

HELLO ALL!! I SENT THE ds-3032 EMAIL ON jULY 2ND AND STILL HAVENT RECV. IV BILL.. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

First off, please don't yell. (Writing in all caps on a forum = yelling)

The IV bill won't be invoiced until the DS-3032 has been received and added to the case file and this can take 2+ weeks. What's the status of your DS-3032 the last time you called NVC?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Ok, so I just called NVC for the first time after sending both packages couple of weeks ago. Talked to Nikki. After getting all the info from me, it went something like this:

Nikki: How can I help you?

me: I sent AOS and IV packages couple of weeks ago and would just like to find out has the review started on these packages

Nikki: I can see that we have received both packages

me: Has the review started on either of them?

Nikki: I see that we have received them, and that's all I can confirm

me: So, you can see both packages in the system?

Nikki: yes, mam.

me: Ok, thank you!

btw: there was no mention of the 20 business days.

Saylin, in one of your last posts in June thread you said that "the operators won't see anything has been received in their systems until AFTER the review has begun."

So, since she was able to confirm both packages are in the system, it means the review has started, yes?

And the reviews are few days-to-a week long, right?

USCIS (106 days) US Consulate/Medical

12/18/12- NOA1 08/22/13- Medical

04/03/13- NOA2 09/16/13- Interview (Approved!)

Transit (68 days) 09/19/13- Visa in hand

NVC (59 days) 09/19/13- USCIS Immigrant Fee paid, ELIS: Circle: Accepted, Status: Case Received

06/10/13- Case Received ELIS/GC Production (63 days)

06/19/13- Case # and IIN Received 12/14/13- POE Houston

06/19/13- DS-3032 emailed 12/23/13- SSN card arrived in the mail

06/21/13- AOS bill paid 02/06/14- ELIS: Circle: Optimized, Status: In Process

06/25/13- DS-3032 accepted 02/07/14- USCIS status: Initial Review

06/26/13- IV bill paid 02/10/14- USCIS status: Card Production

06/28/13- AOS and IV packages sent 02/13/14- ELIS Circle: Closed, Status: Card Produced

07/23/13- IV accepted 02/15/14- card arrived in the mail

07/26/13- AOS accepted

07/26/13- Case complete

07/30/13- Interview scheduled (for 09/16/13)

08/08/13- Case left NVC For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

First off, please don't yell. (Writing in all caps on a forum = yelling)

The IV bill won't be invoiced until the DS-3032 has been received and added to the case file and this can take 2+ weeks. What's the status of your DS-3032 the last time you called NVC

I didnt mean to right in all CAPS. I called to day and was told that my DS-3032 has not been reviewed

Ok, so I just called NVC for the first time after sending both packages couple of weeks ago. Talked to Nikki. After getting all the info from me, it went something like this:

Nikki: How can I help you?

me: I sent AOS and IV packages couple of weeks ago and would just like to find out has the review started on these packages

Nikki: I can see that we have received both packages

me: Has the review started on either of them?

Nikki: I see that we have received them, and that's all I can confirm

me: So, you can see both packages in the system?

Nikki: yes, mam.

me: Ok, thank you!

btw: there was no mention of the 20 business days.

Saylin, in one of your last posts in June thread you said that "the operators won't see anything has been received in their systems until AFTER the review has begun."

So, since she was able to confirm both packages are in the system, it means the review has started, yes?

And the reviews are few days-to-a week long, right?

Unless they've changed things, yes, they can't see packages in the system until the review has begun, so it's a good indication that the review has begun. I'd suggest calling up again later tonight and asking again.

And yup, the review is typically just a few days.

I didnt mean to right in all CAPS. I called to day and was told that my DS-3032 has not been reviewed

Did they say it had at least been received, or no?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.