aurlian

I got scammed the biggest scam of my life

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The visa was already issued right?..I guess they can get married in her country without risking the visa since it was issued..Guess it will work..Marry her in her country before flying to US..

this is 100% incorrect, you cannot do this. The k-1 is for her to travel here and get married in the US. If you marry her there, the k-1 is null and void and you must file an i-130 for a cr1 visa. if you marry her there and she travels on the k-1 it is visa fraud and you will be a party to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This doesn't sound like a scam. May be you are overreacting?

01-12-2013 - Engaged

01-18-2013 - Sent I-129F

01-22-2013 - NOA1

06-21-2013 - Transferred to TSC

07-09-2013 - NOA2 (due to the glitch I find out about it on July 25th)

09-19-2013 - Interview in Moscow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

What about having just a wedding in China and then come to US to reguster?will that still be considered married??my fiancee really wants a wedding in China since all of her friends and family are there.

We did a small celebration or reception in Indonesia before I came to US and a blessing ceremony when we were on the ship (we were living together for 4 months on the ship and I want my family feel we didn't make any mistake or sins when we lives together). We asked the embassy about this and they said it's ok as long we're not do our legal wedding. In some country they have different rules about this. In other country they not allowed you to do any ceremony or celebration because that is consider marriage. You should ask the embassy in your fiance country just to make sure.

This is the mail from the embassy :

You can have a family celebration here in Indonesia. Do not register this ceremony to the KUA or Civil registry Office. If you do so, your fiancé will not eligible for a K-1 visa status.

Goodluck :)

Edited by Ceilla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

First off you should really try to find a way to get ahold of her, and see if this was just bad communication between the two of you. Maybe she's even in the process of gathering her thoughts. So try to get a hold of her and talk it out. None of us here will completely understand your situation or what happened in your discussions. If left to my own interpretation I would say the commitment and bond between you two was not very strong. Though I do not know you personally, or her, so I couldn't say. Now what you need to do is, get ahold of her, talk to her, and if you have the funds to do it this is what I would recommend. Let her know that the K1 is strictly for marriage here in the United States, that if you do any legal or non-legal ceremony that could spell trouble for the K1 (outside the US). If she were to slip up and say my husband in context to you, or mention the non-legal ceremony it will cause nothing but headaches. So if you have the funds, why not get married here like originally planned and then after you file the AoS and AP (Advance Parole) travel back to her country for a marriage ceremony there. If she likes the idea, great! If not tell her you two should have talked more about the options of marriage, and that if you two were to marry in her country that you would have to start the process over to a Cr1. Thus wasting all the time you two went through to get the K1 and waiting even longer.

Just my Penny Thoughts.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

no scam, stop the madness, for 90 days!! no way.. Marry the woman let her come enjoy your life

why marry the woman if he has doubts about their relationship?

They should sort out any problem first before moving forward with this immigration path.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

When she is this close to her goal why demand the wedding all of a sudden ? That does not make sense to me at all . Why cause problems if she was really scamming you for a green card . Are you sure this is a scam ? I would make really sure before you open up pandora's box . What country is she from ?

I agree with this. If I wanted to scam someone, I couldn't care less about wedding ceremonies. What else makes you feel she wants to scam you?

She can also be anxious to leave her country without being married. Her family can be anxious, and harass her so she gets a wedding before leaving.

Anyway, this is not possible to use the K-1 if you guys are married, as said by others. Explain this to her. Try to find out what is really going on.

If you don't trust her at all anymore, that's another problem... You shouldn't marry someone you don't trust...

Maybe you should give it some time, don't do anything in a rush.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She is easily agitated and suddenly stopped communicating.

Sounds like you've had many arguments before. Stopping communication can be a cultural thing, for instance "tampo" in the Philippines. Still, you will likely get what you see. If this is a recurrent sort of thing at best you'll end up with a spoiled, demanding child for the next many decades.

People here give a lot of advice pointing to how to fix the problem but it seems that you've decided by what you say that you don't want to fix it. It might be best to go with your gut feeling and simply notify USCIS of the situation and your intent not to marry her and then try to find someone who is more giving and less demanding.

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met her two years ago online and decided to travel to her and meet her. After meeting her and her family, I decided to take it slowly and keep talking online. We kept talking online with skype everyday for over a year. Eight months ago I decided to start the finace papers. She was approved and got the visa few days ago. Suddenly she started demanding that i go to her country and make her a wedding even tough our agreement was that she will come here alone once she gets the visa. She is easily agitated and suddenly stopped communicating. She has a sister that lives here and I think her plan is to use the visa to come and stay with her.

What can I do now? Can I call the embassy and ask them to revoke the visa even though it's already issued and she got her passport back from the embassy?

Thanks!!

If you are unsure of your decision. STOP! Step back and think. " Doubt means Dont!!! She have I think 6 months to use the K1 VIsa to move to the US..

Enough time to think and access your situation, your feelings! Can you live without her?

K1 Visa.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-26

Interview Date : 2013-03-04

Visa Received : 2013-03-11

US Entry : 2013-05-02

Marriage : 2013-05-13

EAD/AP

May 24.2013 (Day 1 ) Mailed may 24, 2013

May 28 .2013(Day 4 ) Recieved: may 28 and 30, 2013( AOS,AP,EAD online and text)

June 27.2013(Day 34 ) Biometric: june 27 walked in ,(scheduled july 2.)

July 26.2013 (Day 58 ) EAD/AP approved Card in Production (july 26)

August 3.2013(Day 65 ) EAD/AP card recieved ( aug 3)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Why are people telling the OP to get married in her country with the k-1 and then travel here to the US? The k-1 is for her to get married in the US, and in the US only. If they have any kind of a wedding ceremony in her country, legally binding or not, it is fraud. The best course of action, if you indeed are confident that you are being scammed, is to report it to the embassy in her home country, to USCIS, DOS, and to the dept of homeland security.

Agreed. But please make sure you are being scammed before doing anything.

If you just don't want to marry her but you are not sure she is a scamer, you can also call off the wedding and not marry her, and probably notify the USCIS, telling them you guys don't want to get married anymore, that this was a mistake. This way, she is not gonna have a bad visa history with the USCIS.

But of course, if you are sure it is a scam, you should report it as such.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Thanks all for your responses. I have already told her about K1 and the need to marry in the US and not her country. She is blaming it on her brothers (she is from a village) and how they won't let her go alone. I told her that it's impossible for me to go to her country even for one week. She simply ended the relationship and said good luck in your life. We fought a lot before this but she would always go nutts and call me 100 times a day until we get back together. Now after she got the visa it seems it's the opposite.

At this point, I have made up my mind and I don't want her anymore. My main concern is that she would use the visa to come to the USA and live with her sister illegally. If I tell the embassy there, would they call her back and revoke the visa??

Well, I suppose it depends how honest you think she is. If she is telling you she wouldn't travel because her brothers wouldn't let her - then that's not going to change, is it? The K1 will expire on its own if she stays put (I can't find the info now, but I think it has a validity of 6 months from the date of her medical).

If you believe that she's going to enter the USA on the K1 visa with the intent to illegally stay in the country (which would be fraud), you should notify the USCIS. I'm not sure what her local embassy is able to do at this stage, unless they still have her passport. You can certainly contact them and ask their advice.

As a previous poster said, be sure she's actually going to commit fraud before you notify the authorities that she is intending to do so.

Telling her you will report her may be enough to deter any ideas she has about using it, anyway.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks all for your responses. I have already told her about K1 and the need to marry in the US and not her country. She is blaming it on her brothers (she is from a village) and how they won't let her go alone. I told her that it's impossible for me to go to her country even for one week. She simply ended the relationship and said good luck in your life. We fought a lot before this but she would always go nutts and call me 100 times a day until we get back together. Now after she got the visa it seems it's the opposite.

At this point, I have made up my mind and I don't want her anymore. My main concern is that she would use the visa to come to the USA and live with her sister illegally. If I tell the embassy there, would they call her back and revoke the visa??

That could happen. She will not be able to use her K1 visa to come to US.

I'm really sorry this is happening. It's really sad because I know the waiting and the effort that you need to do to get the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.