805 posts in this topic

Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting on the right thread, I will have my interview on 29 July. My question is that if I get the visa successfully, my husband will go to USA first while I go to Hong Kong for some personal things. Is it ok for me to enter USA by myself when my husband is already in US? Or I need my husband to enter USA with me? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting on the right thread, I will have my interview on 29 July. My question is that if I get the visa successfully, my husband will go to USA first while I go to Hong Kong for some personal things. Is it ok for me to enter USA by myself when my husband is already in US? Or I need my husband to enter USA with me? Thanks!

No he doesn't have to enter with you. Long as he enters USA first (I would assume he lived with you at your country and is setting up domicile.

So mercies jourcies just enter USA within the 6 months requirement.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

@dwheels76 my case completed last 26th of June sorry my apologies...

C'mon over to the August interview thread. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just getting everything together for the interview. On P4 they mention I must bring originals of every document I sent to NVC. Does this include USCIS? Or only the documents mentioned on P4 and the ones sent to NVC via electronic processing?

For instance, I provided proof of bona fide marriage using bills and insurance papers to the USCIS, all of which were printed off of the internet. Reason I ask is because if they have it in electronic format, they pretty much have what they need. If I print it off the internet, I'll pretty much be giving them a copy of a bill or policy anyway.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Interview done and verbally approved!kicking.gif

Thanks God !!!!

Congratulations Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Brazil.

My wife had her interview she just called me. She was approved thank God almighty

Great News Congratulations.

Just getting everything together for the interview. On P4 they mention I must bring originals of every document I sent to NVC. Does this include USCIS? Or only the documents mentioned on P4 and the ones sent to NVC via electronic processing?

For instance, I provided proof of bona fide marriage using bills and insurance papers to the USCIS, all of which were printed off of the internet. Reason I ask is because if they have it in electronic format, they pretty much have what they need. If I print it off the internet, I'll pretty much be giving them a copy of a bill or policy anyway.

Any original documents you provided you don't have to do it again. Copies if you really want to take everything you submitted. Yikes.

All the best go get um. ;)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any original documents you provided you don't have to do it again. Copies if you really want to take everything you submitted. Yikes.

All the best go get um. wink.png

Thanks, dwheels76! :-) I just printed them off. I don't get anything in the mail anymore. The bills and insurance stuff is all electronic. Saves paper. Call me a tree-hugger. It also keeps me organized. I know where everything is.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi guys I wanted to ask you some info about the interview. I searched in the forum but I couldn't find anything that would answer my question so before having a new thread I thought I could ask here.

I am getting ready for my interview next week and I am trying to collect the evidence. We don't have much and I kinda wanted to have some advices so here is the list of things I will bring with me as evidence:

- 3-4 pics we have together (that's all the pics we took of us)

- a couple of pics of us with him mother in our apartment

- a certificate for couples retreat that was organized by people where he works (it was kinda like lessons for couples who fight, we didn't need it at the time but we didn't wanna pass the chance of spending a weekend by the ocean!)

- screenshots of conversation on facebook and skype.

- printed emails

- the paper of his life insurance that says that in case something bad happen, I am the beneficiary

- Screenshots of Facebook pics and comments where him, his family and his friends talk to me and about me. There are comments from my mother in law that says "Give him a baby!" or like "We can't wait for you to come visit!". We thought it could be a good non-staged evidence.

So what do you think? Would it be okay if I go there and have less than 10 photos to show? Do you think it would be an issue? Do you think I should show that I also talk to his mother regularly? I don't wanna screw this up just because we didn't take enough photos together!

Giovanna

Hello there Apapaia I am the wife and I'm already done of my interview this morning, and you can bring all the documents that proofs of your true relationship and only 3 photos and you can also bring your all original copies like N.B.I CLEARANCE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE,MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE because thats the important. But so far during my interview they didn't ask me any original documents neither photos, they only ask me a 2 questions. I was kinda bit nervous and my husband is also there. Don't worry as long as all your documents is trur\e and just answer the question straight and sincere. And for the record they will look at your face reaction if your telling the truth or not and if your sincere in your relationship. Just bring all your documents. And also about the photos of both of you? you can bring at least ten. Good Luck :) I will pray for you

Timeline

Hello there Apapaia I am the wife and I'm already done of my interview this morning, and you can bring all the documents that proofs of your true relationship and only 3 photos and you can also bring your all original copies like N.B.I CLEARANCE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE,MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE because thats the important. But so far during my interview they didn't ask me any original documents neither photos, they only ask me a 2 questions. I was kinda bit nervous and my husband is also there. Don't worry as long as all your documents is trur\e and just answer the question straight and sincere. And for the record they will look at your face reaction if your telling the truth or not and if your sincere in your relationship. Just bring all your documents. And also about the photos of both of you? you can bring at least ten. Good Luck smile.png I will pray for you

Thanks for the quick answer. I sent the original marriage certificate to NVC. Do I need to bring another original copy or you think that my husband can fax it to me? For the rest I have another original copy of the police certificates and birth certificate but no original marriage certificate.

I'll be alone during the interview and I am afraid things will go wrong. I am trying to stay calm but I am really really freaked out because I've heard so many things can go wrong to the interview :(

Giovanna

Does anyone know, what happens after our petitioned spouse enters to the US port of entry?

Is there a wiki or forum that we may look for?

How long does it take to receive green card after the "immigration fee" $165 was processed ?

And how long does it take for SSN to arrive, and what to do if it does not ?

02/09/2010 - Married
05/02/2012 - I-130 sent for my wife and kids
05/09/2012 - NOA1 hard copy received
10/18/2012 - Became a USC and called USCIS to upgrade cases to IR-1/CR-1
10/22/2012 - Got the notice of case upgrade to IR-1
01/29/2013 - NOA2 email

NVC:
02/04/2013: NVC Received
02/22/2013: BOG number/IIN
02/22/2013: Choice of Agent email sent
02/26/2013: AOS bill invoiced
02/26/2013: AOS bill paid
03/06/2013: AOS bill shows PAID
03/07/2013: Choice of Agent email accepted
03/07/2013: IV bill invoiced
03/13/2013: IV bill paid
03/23/2013: IV bill shows PAID
04/01/2013: AOS package sent
04/01/2013: IV package sent
04/17/2013: RFE for AOS package, requested form I-864W
04/18/2013: Sent RFE back to NVC
05/02/2013: Case complete
05/13/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy/Consulate:
05/21/2012: Embassy received
06/05/2013: Medical
06/26/2013: Interview
06/27/2013: Visa in hand
07/03/2013: POE WAS, VA

08/07/2013: Permanent residence card arrived

Timeline

Does anyone know, what happens after our petitioned spouse enters to the US port of entry?

Is there a wiki or forum that we may look for?

How long does it take to receive green card after the "immigration fee" $165 was processed ?

And how long does it take for SSN to arrive, and what to do if it does not ?

There are reviews about embassies and POE. Look up on the page and you'll see 2 blue bars. The light blue bar has "reviews"

Giovanna

Thanks for the quick answer. I sent the original marriage certificate to NVC. Do I need to bring another original copy or you think that my husband can fax it to me? For the rest I have another original copy of the police certificates and birth certificate but no original marriage certificate.

I'll be alone during the interview and I am afraid things will go wrong. I am trying to stay calm but I am really really freaked out because I've heard so many things can go wrong to the interview sad.png

Are you married here in the philippines? If you are you can get it in the NSO since youre interview will be next week. And thats quite near, but if youre married in your husbands place maybe you can let him mail it to you the original marriage certificate. Don't be freak out thats natural everything will be fine. Because if you are too nervous you can't focus of what they ask you. But you really need all your original documents just incase they want to see it. Because the embassy might request it. Trust in yourself okay?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.