goodlucklife

Slow vsc .. An email response from the center

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I wrote the center here is there email response I got this morning .

Thank you for your courteous inquiry. I wish I could pass on more positive information, however, I cannot. Applications are processed in date order and they receive thousands every day. Yes, we often move applications around based on pending workload and resources available. Unfortunately, at this time there is nothing that will help move your case (or any other) faster. The website: www.uscis.gov provides "Expedite Criteria" but you have mentioned nothing that would place the processing of your application in that category. Even if Expedited processing were approved you would be placed in a long line of those in that category. You may wish to check those requirements.

Of course, you may contact your Congressional representatives but it will not help regarding acquiring additional resources. Budget cuts as well as the Sequestor have affected hiring new staff members. Even if we could hire tomorrow, the hiring process (including background check) is lengthy and time consuming. Once a new officer is selected and an entry on duty date established, they have to attend training prior to adjudicating.

I do caution you that it is not wise to incur any non-refundable expenses (wedding planning) until you have the approved application and card in his hand. You do not mention where your fiancé is coming from. Once we approve the application, it may require an interview in his home country via the US Embassy/Consulate. We have no control over that process and that can sometimes take quite a while. They are under the jurisdiction of the Department of State.

There is no way to predict when the processing center will catch up and process your application. I wish I could provide more positive feedback but I cannot. It is the USCIS goal to process all cases as quickly and fairly as possible.

Thank you,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

No comment....

ROC
05/17/2016 Sending I-751 for me and my child
05/19/2016 Application received
05/26/2016 Check cashed
06/03/2016 biometric appointment letter
06/10/2016 biometrics done
08/13/2016 service request filled

11/14/2016 had tried to put service request - unsuccessful

11/15/2016 Approved

11/19/2016 Approval letter in mail

--/--/---- waiting for the GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No encouraging but why don't they transfer some of the cases to other service centers that have less caseload? Also there four Service centers but it looks like only CSC and VSC process I-129F cases. Can't TSC too process this type of case?

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Well it's good that they replied back to you though it would have been even better if there was more positive light in it. Hope they can get things figured out and back on track.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Disgusting and full of rubbish. Doesn't include any reason why they can't transfer to another service center or re-focus their adjudicators based on the delay with "pending applications"!

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wrote the center here is there email response I got this morning .

Thank you for your courteous inquiry. I wish I could pass on more positive information, however, I cannot. Applications are processed in date order and they receive thousands every day. Yes, we often move applications around based on pending workload and resources available. Unfortunately, at this time there is nothing that will help move your case (or any other) faster. The website: www.uscis.gov provides "Expedite Criteria" but you have mentioned nothing that would place the processing of your application in that category. Even if Expedited processing were approved you would be placed in a long line of those in that category. You may wish to check those requirements.

Of course, you may contact your Congressional representatives but it will not help regarding acquiring additional resources. Budget cuts as well as the Sequestor have affected hiring new staff members. Even if we could hire tomorrow, the hiring process (including background check) is lengthy and time consuming. Once a new officer is selected and an entry on duty date established, they have to attend training prior to adjudicating.

I do caution you that it is not wise to incur any non-refundable expenses (wedding planning) until you have the approved application and card in his hand. You do not mention where your fiancé is coming from. Once we approve the application, it may require an interview in his home country via the US Embassy/Consulate. We have no control over that process and that can sometimes take quite a while. They are under the jurisdiction of the Department of State.

There is no way to predict when the processing center will catch up and process your application. I wish I could provide more positive feedback but I cannot. It is the USCIS goal to process all cases as quickly and fairly as possible.

Thank you,

USCIS is self funded, what does the sequestor have to do with anything!!!!! but it sounded good I guess

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I want to know how you worded your letter since it seemed to make quite an impression. The response, though lacking in new information, was very courteous. You need to give us lessonssecret7vf.gif

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Thanks for the sharing this information. I guess the bottom line is that we have to have a little faith in the system (as messed up as it appears to us to be) and be patient. I feel like we have been left at the train station and the train seems to have passed right by us without even stopping. Our NOA1 date is 10/24/2012. It can be a bit depressing after you see most everyone around you getting approved and they are well into November and December cases. Hang in there all. Good luck to all that are like us playing the waiting game.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I thought it was a lot more than a canned response. Pretty good for USCIS.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It appears we have few options. One came to thought: We can call our congressmen and ask that US Citizens petitions get priority over DACA since they are actually Illegal residents! Now is the time to act while immigration reform is a hot topic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.