Wade&Carito

has anyone submitted a letter from the officiant of the upcoming wedding

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have been hearing the importance of having as much proof as possible.

some consulates have asked about wedding dresses, wedding plans, where do you plan to marry, when is it, and someone said they were asked if they had invitations made and they took one of the wedding invitations with them to show.

Anyway, I just want to have as much info and proof with me just in case.

Timeline

Good Idea you can never have too much..........

That is what I was thinking, at least have additional information with me, maybe not give it all up front but have more info available if certain questions asked.

Although we answered she is not going to a job in the paperwork (somewhere it asked if she was going to a job or a student), I am taking a letter from an employer in the US that has already committed to offering her a part time job.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

That is what I was thinking, at least have additional information with me, maybe not give it all up front but have more info available if certain questions asked.

Although we answered she is not going to a job in the paperwork (somewhere it asked if she was going to a job or a student), I am taking a letter from an employer in the US that has already committed to offering her a part time job.

The question might be better suited if you also ask in the country/regional specific forums, so you can get an idea of how your Consulate works.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

If someone had told me that Croatia's Consulate was hassle free, I never would've wasted all the paper and money I did (and then sending said packet of proof) to my husband for the interview. He brought it with him and the first thing that came out of the person's mouth was: What's all that? You didn't need to bring all that. Too much.

I don't even think it was really needed in our petition either.

And in all honesty, it doesn't need to be in the petition. But it is something that could be brought along in the interview.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Brother Wade has asked a lot in the regional (or Ecuador) threads.

In answer, I wouldn't bring that letter of the employment offer. The question (or thought) could be raised about working under the table or before the EAD is granted as part of the AOS process. If I were a CO, such a letter would strike me as extremely presumptuous -- "presuming" issuance of the visa.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

At the embassy stage of the process we should do as the (specific) Embassy requires. If this is how it goes in Ecuador then go for it, print yourself a nice wedding invitation. Read recent interview reviews and follow their tips. I gathered many many things suggested on here that my Embassy never mentioned anywhere and obviously never asked for at the interview. They asked for the things specified by them on the Embassy website. No photos, no letters of intent to marry, no letters from the employer. So yes, you CAN have too much ;) The conclusion is: just follow the local Embassy specific rules! :)

Good luck! star_smile.gif

Timeline

In answer, I wouldn't bring that letter of the employment offer. The question (or thought) could be raised about working under the table or before the EAD is granted as part of the AOS process. If I were a CO, such a letter would strike me as extremely presumptuous -- "presuming" issuance of the visa.

OK, good idea, I am getting a little nervous about the upcoming interview and I may be overthinking all of this.

It is indeed true though, my friend owns a woman's health clinic and has chatted with my fiancee several times over skype when I have been introducing her to my friends. It would only be part time but she is guaranteed a job as soon as she finishes the legal requirements to work here. But I understand maybe too much information with throw up too many red flags for them.

But what about the letter from the minister? I thought that was a good idea and heard of someone else doing that somewhere in these forums. I thought I would add that all paper clipped together with photos of the wedding dress, a copy of the wedding invitation and information about the color scheme and plans for the wedding. I was working on a draft and thought about something like this:

----------------

US Department of State

US Consulate, Guayaquil, Ecuador

9 de Octubre y Garcia Moreno

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Date mm/dd/yyy

I, (name of minister) submit this document to state that it is my intent to marry (beneficiary name) and (petitioner name). The wedding date has been set for August 17, 2013 but understand it may be necessary to move that date depending on immigration status.

The wedding is planned for Saturday August 17th, 2013 at a beach house:

Name of the house,

address line 1

address line 2

We plan to arrive on Friday August 16th to start preparations for the Saturday afternoon wedding on the beach.

Sincerely,

name of minister

---------------------

At the embassy stage of the process we should do as the (specific) Embassy requires. If this is how it goes in Ecuador then go for it, print yourself a nice wedding invitation. Read recent interview reviews and follow their tips. I gathered many many things suggested on here that my Embassy never mentioned anywhere and obviously never asked for at the interview. They asked for the things specified by them on the Embassy website. No photos, no letters of intent to marry, no letters from the employer. So yes, you CAN have too much wink.png The conclusion is: just follow the local Embassy specific rules! smile.png

Good luck! star_smile.gif

Yes I have a wedding invitation printed as well as photos of several wedding dresses that my fiancee likes. Those are examples of the style she wants to get once she comes to the US.

I have heard that they have asked about invitations and wedding dresses before. So I thought I could just put together a few pages paper clipped together with the wedding invitation, photos of the style of wedding dress, photos of weddings with the flowers and color scheme we want, and the letter from the minister stuck in there too.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

when i got RFE and they wanted me to send them my fiance letter of intent , i sent them that and my pastor wrote a letter that he will marry us in 90 days and i sent a copy of my wedding dress receipt!! i think if you have that or you can get it, thats always a plus

Wade, I think that letter is overkill.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wade, I think that letter is overkill.

Si, man. In addition, both letters lend an air of "presuming issuance of the visa," which must NEVER be done at Guayaquil.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.