Ramsis

Violent 2 Year GC holder mother & Divorce

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi VisaJourney, i always used to come here and seek the good advice, sadly this time its sad news :(

I brought my wife over on a K1 visa and she got her 2 year GC, it expires in 2014.

we have a 2 months old baby boy

Since she came to the US she has been moody, violent, different, she called the cops 2 times because she wanted them to force me get her a plane ticket back, but because i love her i always tried to make things better. i always said to my self she must be like this because she is a new bride, new country, she is bored at home......etc. I even brought her mother over twice in 1.5 years we been marred so she can feel better. but now with the baby her she is more violent and disrespectful.

twice i had to call the police because she throws and break things around the house. tables, vases, plates, ....etc ...There is 2 police reports. last time the police brought over a lady from CPS Child protective services to talk to her and give her phone numbers for mental counseling.

Now what i want is for her to go back to her country and for the Baby to stay with me, my mom and my sister (who lives in California) offered to help me take care of the baby.

But she said she wont leave the US without the baby.

i live in Texas and the divorce can take a minimum of 60 days.

here are my questions:

1- How can i get her placed on removal proceedings?

2- How can i get to keep my son? do i contact CPS and file a claim of custody?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would hire a lawyer and if u want to remove her proceeding you have to call the 800 number yhey will stop it but will ask for you to send in a hand writtin letter and evidence to support it . But i would recommend since u have a kid eith her hire a lawyer. Best of luck to u and sorry that u have to go through this

Peace & Much Love

~ SouSou~

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Removing Conditions on Residency Discussion to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.fathersrights.com/legal-services/child-custody/

http://www.cadivorce.com/news/fathers-and-children-determining-custody-arrangements/

Just offering some links-- very sorry to hear about your situation. The courts want the child's life to remain as normal as possible because its in the best interest of the child. They will probably not take kindly to the idea of someone fleeing the country with an American citizen child. I'm just speculating, but I know it was a big deal for the courts just when I drove 30 minutes across the state border to the next state. Keep records of everything, especially her" moments". Courts love details and facts, including specific times, dates, and descriptions. If she is in danger of harming the child you can file for an order of protection at the local court.

Since I don't know your wife, and how comfortable she is with the US systems, I will just add this--- Be aware that sometimes if the other parent knows you are going to do something, they may try to do it first. She could run to the court and make up a story how you are abusive and get a protective order and take the kids from you-- force you out of the house even.... and you would be stuck waiting for a court date to prove your innocence.

I'll suggest something else.

Get the woman a ticket, give the baby to the woman, along with the baby's passport
and two tickets back to home.

then wash your hands of it all.

Good heavens Darnell... tell me you aren't serious. wow.gif

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

I'll suggest something else.

Get the woman a ticket, give the baby to the woman, along with the baby's passport

and two tickets back to home.

then wash your hands of it all.

i thought about that, but i love my son so much, and she told me when she go back she will expect money from me monthly and not just for the baby for her as well. and if i dont send enough money she will start contacting my family members!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, alas, today I am serious.

IMO, he should start over, clean slate. This woman not work out - why to keep the child with him ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

http://www.fathersrights.com/legal-services/child-custody/

http://www.cadivorce.com/news/fathers-and-children-determining-custody-arrangements/

Just offering some links-- very sorry to hear about your situation. The courts want the child's life to remain as normal as possible because its in the best interest of the child. They will probably not take kindly to the idea of someone fleeing the country with an American citizen child. I'm just speculating, but I know it was a big deal for the courts just when I drove 30 minutes across the state border to the next state. Keep records of everything, especially her" moments". Courts love details and facts, including specific times, dates, and descriptions. If she is in danger of harming the child you can file for an order of protection at the local court.

Since I don't know your wife, and how comfortable she is with the US systems, I will just add this--- Be aware that sometimes if the other parent knows you are going to do something, they may try to do it first. She could run to the court and make up a story how you are abusive and get a protective order and take the kids from you-- force you out of the house even.... and you would be stuck waiting for a court date to prove your innocence.

Good heavens Darnell... tell me you aren't serious. wow.gif

Thank you so much sir for the info. ok what about her immigration status and process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i thought about that, but i love my son so much, and she told me when she go back she will expect money from me monthly and not just for the baby for her as well. and if i dont send enough money she will start contacting my family members!!

Here's the pitch .. .

Send em back, file for divorce.

Send no monies to them.

When she starts contacting your family - have them tell her - 'You made the choice, you live with it'

and be done with it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

? Not really sure what the above poster meant about 'they will stop it?'

She is a permanent resident. There is very little that can effect her status. IF she is convicted of certain offenses her status can be revoked. That includes felony convictions and DV charges/child abuse. That does not mean 'police reports' or incident reports. It means actually being charged with a crime- going to court and being convicted. (it doesnt matter if shes found guilty or takes a plea) Once guilty if the court does not notify ICE (because sometimes local courts do not) you would have to notify ICE. She would then have to go to immigration court where a hearing would be had and her status would be in jeopardy.

Depending on the offense she was found guilty of and her lawyer at that immigration hearing her greencard could be stripped and she could be deported.

(this is not going to be a quick process- the wheels of justice move very slowly. Lets say a DV incident occurs today. Youd probably be looking at 4-5 months or more before a guilty verdict is handed down by a court If it is. Then if the verdict is appealed an additional 4-5 months to go through the appeal process. Immigration court is the same thing. 4-5 for the process- then the appeals.) Sorry.

Timeline

i understand that, i was wondering what will happen if she does not remove the conditions on her GC?what happen when i dont go with her? or if i went and i told the IMO what she did and that we are divorced now?

Filed: Timeline

Perhaps youre not understand what ROC is.

Its not a marriage check in 2 years. its not a 'how is your marriage going?' or how has it been?. Its a fraud check to make sure the marriage was not entered into solely for the purpose of obtaining benefits.

So your question was what if you dont go. (youre divorced or getting divorced). Well she goes alone and ROCs alone. She shows she entered in good faith and not to obtain benefits and its approved.

You go with her and file jointly and say- hey my wifes a b*tch. Shes an abuser, shes crazy- whatever. We are unhappy. So what? It doesnt matter much. Did you marry legitimately? Did you marry to obtain benefits? No? Approved. The purpose of ROC is to determine if the marriage is legitimate and not based on fraud. (Basically if you think you can stay married to her and then in 2014 go to the joint interview and tell the Officer shes a nut case and they will deny her ROC based on that- they will not).

There is nothing you can do to effect her status. You need to understand that. She can remove the conditions on her own if or when you divorce, or you will remove them jointly if you remain married. You guys were married legitimately. The only thing that will effect her status now is her. If she commits crimes that violate her status (felonies/abuse etc) and is found guilty her status can be revoked by an immigration court. But that is completely different then ROC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.