Melissa_italoz

Can I have my K1 Visa interview in my fiance's country instead of mine (in case I'm visiting him when interview stage comes up)?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, wondering if anyone knows (or has done this/had it happen).....

I'm visiting my fiance in the 5th-7th month of my K1 Visa application process, and I wondering what happens if I receive the go ahead to have my K1 Visa interview while I'm over there visiting him - CAN I request my K1 Visa interview to be done in his country (USA) if I happen to be over there instead on in my own country (Australia) when that happens??

Ta.

I wish that were possible, lol would make my life easier. I have to fly from Perth to Sydney just for the interview dead.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K-1 interviews are done in either Vancouver or Montreal at their consulate. No. the K-1 cannot be processed within the US.

The medial and police certificate must also be done in Canada

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I wish that were possible, lol would make my life easier. I have to fly from Perth to Sydney just for the interview dead.gif

I'll be flying from Melbourne to Sydney.

All the best to you with your visa journey. :)

K-1 interviews are done in either Vancouver or Montreal at their consulate. No. the K-1 cannot be processed within the US.

The medial and police certificate must also be done in Canada

good luck

That is true to Canadians. OP is Australian, therefore she will have her police certificate & medical in her state of residence, and her interview in Sydney.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The US does not have any Consulates in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is true to Canadians. OP is Australian, therefore she will have her police certificate & medical in her state of residence, and her interview in Sydney.

Ugh How did I miss that?!?

Sorry OP, but the answer is still the same, no you cannot interview in the US

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The US does not have any Consulates in the US.

Yep

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi, wondering if anyone knows (or has done this/had it happen).....

I'm visiting my fiance in the 5th-7th month of my K1 Visa application process, and I wondering what happens if I receive the go ahead to have my K1 Visa interview while I'm over there visiting him - CAN I request my K1 Visa interview to be done in his country (USA) if I happen to be over there instead on in my own country (Australia) when that happens??

Ta.

As others well replied, your medical and interview has to be done in your home country. If they schedule your interview by when you are in USA, you will have to ...

1) Re-schedule the interview.

2) Return to your country to attend your interview. (I would suggest you to do this as you never know how long the waiting can be if you decide to re schedule).

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The longer you delay the longer this will take, review the guides so you can refresh what needs to be done. Their is no shortcut to the process. Unfornately this is not on your scheduld but thiers.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.