BarbSami

After citizenship husband leaves me and 2 kids behind.

131 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

The voice of experience has spoken.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The voice of experience has spoken.

Yes, I do have experience in observing karma fly past me and land on the appropriate target.

Won't be your bait for a mod whipping so have a nice day.

offtopic45vn.gif

Back to our scheduled program.

OP, you should not have to defend yourself over the comments from people who just don't get it with American divorce law and who is entitled to what.

Wanna- be- arm- chair- lawyers !

In certain countries the woman is lucky to get a few crumbs thrown at her while the man skips into the sunset with wifey #2 abondoning his children and I have read enough of those archaic comments to last me a while.

You are doing the right thing and are on your way to a better life and I wish you the best. rose.gif

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

So you want to punish him. Okay then.

You really have a problem with support issues, don't you?

The OP needs to seek a divorce lawyer who will calculate the allowable support based upon family income. Who knows - it may be more than $1500 a month, it may be less?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Everyone has a bias in certain areas. Its usually easier to see others bias when they don't align with own, and hardest to see our own. The ops seem like a complex case, as family income is based on business that will probably be judged to be owned 50/50 between husband and wife.

You really have a problem with support issues, don't you?

The OP needs to seek a divorce lawyer who will calculate the allowable support based upon family income. Who knows - it may be more than $1500 a month, it may be less?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Peter_pan luckily the court recognizes that it is not in the interest of the child to be with the most financially stable parent, but with the one that is involved the most. And if the one most involves cannot afford it, then the one with the money has to step in.

Alimony is a necessary evil, it is not fair sometimes but it often protects the weak. Its existance gives women in bad situation a chance to protect themselves and their children.

Coming from a poor country I saw a lot of abuse on women and children from men who say " I bring the money so I make th rules" so kids and women live in terror at the hands of abusers.

You are behind the times! While not coming soon enough to help me, the courts now recognize that children need BOTH parents, both the financially stable parent who can show his or her children that working and being productive is an important part of life as well as the parent who wishes to live a life of dependency and entitlement. I think the past practice of punishing the hard-working parent by taking away his children and his income is at least partly responsible for the huge increase of those within our society who expect to live their lives without working just like they saw their mothers able to do. A mother who chooses not to work and contribute financially to her children's support is just as much a 'deadbeat' parent as is the father who tries to get out of supporting them! Children need the example of hard work so that they can grow up wishing to emulate the success of that parent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Barbara.. i hope you have got a Divorce lawyer by now..

expect support from VJ..

but LEGAL advice from Lawyer.. good luck.. sorry to hear about your divorce

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If a spouse whether it he or I walks out a marriage then that spouse is considered at fault.

Not necessarily. If an abused spouse 'walks out of a marriage' most of us congratulate them and reassure them that they did the right thing. Even then we may not really understand the dynamics of who was at fault and by what percentage blame should be assigned. I take your story at face value and as such, I feel your soon-to-be-ex is a jerk and deserves probably worse than what he will get in divorce court. You are right, of course, that the over-riding principle should be what is best for your children. I hope they will get to benefit from a decent father or father figure involved in their lives. And I hope they see the example of loving parents that also believe in being hard-working and productive citizens. Fortunately we know they have a loving mother who is looking out for them!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

BarbSami - there are two Romanian Harpies that step in on each post about divorce, and sling poo.

You've experienced both of them in yer topic here. IMO/E, ignore them - they will never have a deep understanding of how things work in America.

good.gif

I really do not concern myself with comments that are meant to be negative. The business in question was started with money from my saving. I am only requesting half of what I feel is due to my children and I. Since I have live in Alabama my entire life, I would think I should know how the law are applied here.

Edited by BarbSami

Timeline

Barbara.. i hope you have got a Divorce lawyer by now..

expect support from VJ..

but LEGAL advice from Lawyer.. good luck.. sorry to hear about your divorce

I do have a divorce attorney, but what can be done he is not even in the country. Thank for the advice and Things happen in life whether we expect them to or not. ...... Barbara

Not necessarily. If an abused spouse 'walks out of a marriage' most of us congratulate them and reassure them that they did the right thing. Even then we may not really understand the dynamics of who was at fault and by what percentage blame should be assigned. I take your story at face value and as such, I feel your soon-to-be-ex is a jerk and deserves probably worse than what he will get in divorce court. You are right, of course, that the over-riding principle should be what is best for your children. I hope they will get to benefit from a decent father or father figure involved in their lives. And I hope they see the example of loving parents that also believe in being hard-working and productive citizens. Fortunately we know they have a loving mother who is looking out for them!

Yes of course you are right, but my comments only refers to my situation.

Timeline

Why would I deign to accept poo from you?

Over the past 6 months, every time there's a new topic in the Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum,

you come in and chastise the OP.

Why to do that? Seriously - WHY? People aren't looking to get judged by you , they are looking for advice on what to do ! Yet you choose to sling the poo and tell everyone 'how you feel' against the OP. #######? Who does that?

I have answers to that, as to 'who does that', but I'm keeping a modicum of control on this one reply.

I'll simply ask you - Please stop slinging yer poo. You've a largish pile now, enough that you've created a pattern of poo slinging in an attempt to castigate someone seeking help.

It's ok, I am a teller at a local bank. I deal with the best of the best and the worst of the worst.

Timeline

Yes, I do have experience in observing karma fly past me and land on the appropriate target.

Won't be your bait for a mod whipping so have a nice day.

offtopic45vn.gif

Back to our scheduled program.

OP, you should not have to defend yourself over the comments from people who just don't get it with American divorce law and who is entitled to what.

Wanna- be- arm- chair- lawyers !

In certain countries the woman is lucky to get a few crumbs thrown at her while the man skips into the sunset with wifey #2 abondoning his children and I have read enough of those archaic comments to last me a while.

You are doing the right thing and are on your way to a better life and I wish you the best. rose.gif Thanks and I do not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I do have a divorce attorney, but what can be done he is not even in the country. Thank for the advice and Things happen in life whether we expect them to or not. ...... Barbara

oh my ;(

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

I'm very sorry for all you are going through. Your children will miss their father and no amount of child support can replace that. Tunisian men typically love their children and are good fathers.

As I understand this thread, your husband is no longer in the states. I recommend you familiarize yourself on Tunisian law. Tunisia can NOT send money out of Tunisia. How is he going to be sending the $1,500? I realize you have not accepted his offer, but it is something to be aware of. It may be that he is planning on paying you from his portion of the business. The idea that you could get any money OUT of Tunisia as someone mentioned in one of the posts...(something about you are entitled to half of what he sent back home) is extremely difficult.

Also, he can not remarry in Tunisia until he is divorced. Tunisia does not allow multiple wives. You can get someone to get his birth certificate because marriage is registered on the birth certificate in Tunisia. Then you will know if he has re-married.

Be very aware of the law and don't go to Tunisia with your children unless you have investigated all the laws of parental rights. Typically, the father has custody and the children would not be allowed to leave.

Finally, Tunisians are not "backward" people who only obey their mothers. This is a very "Westernized" muslim country and if he has lived in the states for 10 years, he has made his own choice. Perhaps he longed for his own culture or he fell in love with someone else. But don't let him off the hook because he had to do what his mother said. He did what he wanted.

Again, I'm sorry for your suffering and don't see that you're trying to "scare" any others who are married to internationals. We all enter any relationship with our eyes open and face the risks of heartbreak. Continue to seek legal advice, go slowly, take care of yourself and your children. I would encourage you to talk to your family. They may have more insight into this than you realize. God bless you.

My family will say what they said when I told them I was marrying him... Do not marry him and I am really not ready to hear " I told you so" Thanks for all of the advice and I am weighing my options, not moving too fast. He can marry whom he wish. I am hurt, but I could never look at him again. If he loved his children so much he would not have just abandon them, even if he wanted to divorce me. He made his choice and my choice is to protect my children future. My children will not travel to Tunisia if he ask to see them he can whenever he like, but he will not take them anywhere, Thanks, Barbara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.