glenmar

2nd Quick Response from Ombudsman

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Is that the pace that the CSC had before DACA?

Just before DACA CSC was moving extremely fast and for those few months there was about 5-10 here on VJ everyday. Keep in mind the number of approvals seen on VJ depends on 2 things, how many CSC approves and the percentage of filers on here. Usually there is only about 5% of filers on here, but with the insane wait times currently there is now about 10% of July & August filers. So, when they say "back on track today" it will be obvious very quickly if this is true or just another BS line.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm tending to believe them too. Only because it's the only source of hope I have left at this point. And all of the November/December approvals shows that they have actually put some resources on K1s and that they haven't forgotten how to process them. Although the date range they selected upsets me, I was pleased at the number of approvals per day. If they could only find the right boxes to work on, there could be a huge improvement in a short amount of time.

:rofl: :rofl:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Is that the pace that the CSC had before DACA?

I have gone back and counted all of the approvals reported in Igor in June, July, August and September of last year. Here are my results feel free to count em up and see what you come up with:

June 135 or 34/week, July 239 or close to 50/week, August 189 or close to 40/per week, September 84 or close to 20 per week.

Guys, this is what CSC has the potential of doing! We just need them to do it now!

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for sharing the news/email, I tend to believe it is correct, clearly the tide has turned at CSC and they are approving petitions faster than I ever expected and also sooner, now I think they will get focused on July and August where they should be! Let's hope the nightmare is over!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All,

I emailed the Ombudsman office again, this time inquiring why November/December petitions at CSC are being processed ahead of August.

Here is my response:

"We were able to locate the issue that may have caused a few days’ worth of cases to be worked out of order. This was a result of the flood at the CSC a few weeks back. The cases in their file room were wet, and the whole file room was relocated. As a result, they didn’t have access to every case during that time. They believe they have now resolved that issue and are back on track starting today."

You know though I find this very good news...my question is this....Why did they NOT put out a mass email or press alert and tell people what was going on??? Why put people who are counting on them to act responsibly and do their jobs through so much stress by NOT being direct??? This is the BIG issue I have. It is the lack of transparency. Otherwise, it looks like they are hiding something. However, I think people would have been pretty forgiving and accepting if they would have just simply said this is what happened. This is how we are resolving it....give us a timeline, apologize for the inconvenience and move on....how hard is that? DACA petitions, plumbing problems and not enough trained staff...it has been one comedy of errors after another.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You know though I find this very good news...my question is this....Why did they NOT put out a mass email or press alert and tell people what was going on??? Why put people who are counting on them to act responsibly and do their jobs through so much stress by NOT being direct??? This is the BIG issue I have. It is the lack of transparency. Otherwise, it looks like they are hiding something. However, I think people would have been pretty forgiving and accepting if they would have just simply said this is what happened. This is how we are resolving it....give us a timeline, apologize for the inconvenience and move on....how hard is that? DACA petitions, plumbing problems and not enough trained staff...it has been one comedy of errors after another.

I AGREE 100%

I think they just hide stuff and all this is a joke. Excuses after excuses...

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Last week, my fiance got a call from USCIS who rang to re assure him that the burst pipe had caused no delay whatsoever.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

cough...cough...bullsh*t...cough...cough

*snicker*

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Last week, my fiance got a call from USCIS who rang to re assure him that the burst pipe had caused no delay whatsoever.

NOOOO ???? Really??? He had this privilege?

How come they just called him and not other people???

It's not that I don't believe you but It's soooo weird!!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Things happen - unfortunately they had a flood. Its not hard to believe.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe, but it's a little late to be saying this. Sounds more like an excuse to me.

So how long does it take for the files to "dry out"?

How exactly does a damaged file take longer to process than an I damaged one?

When they process them, are they looking at the scanned information, or flipping through the pages of your file?

Which actual date ranges were damaged, and which were not?

Unless I can get the answer to these questions, I'm going to be firmly in the "I don't believe this excuse" camp.

i agree absolutely as everything is scanned electronically these days

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The bottom line is just an overload of DACA and slow.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.