Mrs. Ibrahim

Trying to find a way out of AP PLEASE HELP US!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband and I have been in Administrative Processing or AP for short since October 2, 2012. On all the websites and every where I have searched it really doesn't give me a timeline in which this process is cleared up or why is it even being done. I called the visa office here in the U.S to see what could we do and on there recording it clearly states that most AP cases clear after only 50 days while I know too many people who have went through this and are waiting years and I feel that is ridiculous. I'm not looking for special treat of any kind and if this is normal I will wait but I know if they were looking for something or if something was wrong it has been 6 months, they would have found it by now. So Im looking for advice on who I can call to shade some light on this situation and why them so long to get this over with and give us a real answer. Since october 2012 I feel like someone has casted a shadow of darkness over us and we are trying so hard to find out what is wrong but every door or window we turn to for an answer is closed. I would really appricate any help given or even advice as to where to go. I was thinking the media but Im not famous or special so I dont think they would listen but it is time for someone to answer for this situation taking sooo long. Hope this reach someone who can help and have the courage to answer. Stay Blessed Everyone.

There is nothing you can do to expedite AP, it takes as long as it takes.

Most people seem to be stuck in AP for a few weeks, sometimes a few months, and rarely it can take over a year.

In short, there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

There is nothing you can do to expedite AP, it takes as long as it takes.

Most people seem to be stuck in AP for a few weeks, sometimes a few months, and rarely it can take over a year.

In short, there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait.

Im not trying to challenge you on what you just said and I do understand that I must wait but its already been weeks and months but im trying not to wait years and unfortunately I know tooooooo many people who are in this same part of the process and it has been over a year which I think is rediculous. Even if it took a year I'm fine but I know couples and it has been over 15months and counting and still no end to it yet just the same old answers wait. Now you tell me this Could You Just Wait With No Information as to why or what they are looking for? Look I dont mind waiting but I just want to know if someone is actually doing something instead of our papers just sitting some where being forgotten about and Im sure that is resonable any one would want that and we are all no diffrent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Im not trying to challenge you on what you just said and I do understand that I must wait but its already been weeks and months but im trying not to wait years and unfortunately I know tooooooo many people who are in this same part of the process and it has been over a year which I think is rediculous. Even if it took a year I'm fine but I know couples and it has been over 15months and counting and still no end to it yet just the same old answers wait. Now you tell me this Could You Just Wait With No Information as to why or what they are looking for? Look I dont mind waiting but I just want to know if someone is actually doing something instead of our papers just sitting some where being forgotten about and Im sure that is resonable any one would want that and we are all no diffrent.

While your complaints and worries are understandable, that doesn't change the fact that nothing can be done. There is no way you can get out of AP, short of waiting and trying to be patient. If there was some magical solution, it would have been found by now. You're not the first person to undergo AP, and won't be the last, either, unfortunately. Nobody here can give you any solutions, because there are none.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

While your complaints and worries are understandable, that doesn't change the fact that nothing can be done. There is no way you can get out of AP, short of waiting and trying to be patient. If there was some magical solution, it would have been found by now. You're not the first person to undergo AP, and won't be the last, either, unfortunately. Nobody here can give you any solutions, because there are none.

I dont know much about AP so that's why I could not comment, but I will never say that there is nothing that you can do about it end of story. I can encourage you to keep looking and keep asking. Nobody is an expert at this. Some people made through by the grace of God. In the mean time I will be praying for you and the others that are on AP. You are not asking nobody for sugarcoating nor to build up your hopes, you simply asked a question and I would have rather read no reply's than the one that I read that's considered to be rude in my book. In God's time..........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I dont know much about AP so that's why I could not comment, but I will never say that there is nothing that you can do about it end of story. I can encourage you to keep looking and keep asking. Nobody is an expert at this. Some people made through by the grace of God. In the mean time I will be praying for you and the others that are on AP. You are not asking nobody for sugarcoating nor to build up your hopes, you simply asked a question and I would have rather read no reply's than the one that I read that's considered to be rude in my book. In God's time..........

Nobody here is trying to be rude - rather, we're trying to be realistic. If anything, the response given by the OP after getting answers she didn't want to hear is the rudest thing anyone's said here yet. By all means, OP can call and email and contact all the people she wants, but there is merely no way to circumnavigate AP, and once it's begun there's no way to speed it up or get out of it. You just have to wait until the IV unit has finished doing whatever processing they need to do, at which point you'll be contacted. Until then, there's is very little that can be done apart from checking in at the embassy/consulate every so often. I wish the OP a speedy end to her AP predicament, all the same, but there's nothing to do but wait. That's reality, and if that's rude, then so be it.

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Nobody here is trying to be rude - rather, we're trying to be realistic. If anything, the response given by the OP after getting answers she didn't want to hear is the rudest thing anyone's said here yet. By all means, OP can call and email and contact all the people she wants, but there is merely no way to circumnavigate AP, and once it's begun there's no way to speed it up or get out of it. You just have to wait until the IV unit has finished doing whatever processing they need to do, at which point you'll be contacted. Until then, there's is very little that can be done apart from checking in at the embassy/consulate every so often. I wish the OP a speedy end to her AP predicament, all the same, but there's nothing to do but wait. That's reality, and if that's rude, then so be it.

I came here looking for answer and wheither or another have them or not I can respect that dont, i openned up and asked for help and I respect everyone doesnt realize how they come off when they respond to a question another has asked but you are being less compassionate in how you word what you say or advise but I understand you just maybe straight up but then so am I so in saying that you were rude and who here dont know the realistic meaning behind the journey we are all taking but again I do realize you have your own opinion like many other but as a person you just choose to express in manner with no feeling.Thank for your advice and Have A Very Blessed Day!!!

Filed: Timeline

Mmm I really dont think any of the posters here were rude in their responses. If you search the forums, you'll see this question comes up often. Sadly theres nothing that you can do to effect the time you spend in AP. Theres no one you can call or write to. You just have to wait it out.

As for some of your concerns-

-The reason you cant find a timeline about how long AP takes is because there isnt any. Its done on a case by case basis.

-Why is it being done? Its a security measure. AP is basically them waiting for the 'Security Advisory Opinion' (SAO) which is a series of clearances including the FBI, CIA, Drug Enforcement Agency, Department of Commerce, Office of Foreign Asset Control, Interpol, the national criminal and law enforcement databases, the DOS Bureau of Non-Proliferation, and others.

The consulate cannot issue a visa until receiving a response back on the SAO from the DOS.

There are many types of SAOs that can be requested. The Condor, the Mantis and the Donkey (seriously those are the names) there are other ones but the 3 above are the ones that are going to apply to most here.

Condor SAO are usually the applicant’s country of birth, citizenship, or permanent residency, especially if that country is known as a state sponsor of terrorism (these include Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Sudan). The specific criteria for a Condor SAO are classified; applicants typically subjected to such an SAO are those born in, or residents of, one of the 26 predominantly Muslim countries. Although Condor SAOs are overwhelmingly required for male visa applicants, women may also be subject to them.

Mantis SAOs are usually required for visa applicants who work in areas that appear on the “Critical Fields List” of the DOS’s Technology Alert List (TAL). The TAL focuses on fields that involve “dual use” applications that have potential military applications. The TAL is a comprehensive list that includes almost every skill involving chemistry, immunology, biomedical sciences, architecture, engineering, and urban design.(With such an all-inclusive list, nearly every research scientist, physician, academic and engineer involved in any of these fields could be subject to a consular post erring on the side of caution.) It is common for researchers in a number of technological fields to be subject to this clearance. Foreign nationals of China, India, Russia, Israel, Pakistan, and other predominantly Muslim countries seem to be heavily targeted for Mantis SAOs.

Donkey SAOs are based on a name match in the Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) involving a noncriminal issue, generally occurring simply because someone has a common name. An NCIC SAO is also based on a name match, but involves potential criminal issues, including U.S. convictions and foreign warrants.

Each SAO takes a while to come back. Depending on how many SAOs are required (because of where you are from/your job/your background/your name) its a case by case basis and it can take a while.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Look, for me I would say don't mind those ppl telling u there's nothing you can do. I was in AP for 4 months and it felt like hell. I understand you. Most of them don't knw how it feels, thats why they talk like that. If i had sat down and listened to ppl like that, i would have waited for a very long time. Look i suggest u start calling the DOS n sending mails to the embassy every two weeks. It makes them know you are there. Like a reminder. One of the things which worked for me was when I maid my mum who was filing for me go to the congressman's office. In about a week i was called. So don't sit there and let these ppl tell you what they think, Cause non of em works for immigration or even know the laws of US immigration. sometimes ppl come on hr and say u have to wait cause they know someone who waited a yr or two. I say do what u have to do. Make that move. I'm sure something will click. I had a worse case n never in life thought they would call, let alone call me early. May God be with you and your Immigration process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from CR-1 process forums to AP forums as this is an AP post/issue.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i wish you hear a good news very soon !!!

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't think any of the responders were rude in anyway. They were just straight forward with their replies -they said it the way it is. We all understand being under AP sucks and is horrible but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be straight forward and tell it as it is. I would suggest you look through the Ghana portal and find people who are or had been under AP and ask them what they did or are doing. Good luck and i hope you get out AP.

good luck

My husband has been n AP since october 4, 2012. Yes there is nothing you can do to expedite this processing but there r few things you can do.

- try to contact with ur local senator/ congressman to make a inquire abt his case.

- call DOS office few times a week

- get email code from the embassy operator nd than email th embassy to ask abt his case status. You can email

them every week.

- whn you call dos office ask them what type of ap he is in.. Is it mendatory or internal??

Hope this will help.

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My husband and I have been in Administrative Processing or AP for short since October 2, 2012. On all the websites and every where I have searched it really doesn't give me a timeline in which this process is cleared up or why is it even being done. I called the visa office here in the U.S to see what could we do and on there recording it clearly states that most AP cases clear after only 50 days while I know too many people who have went through this and are waiting years and I feel that is ridiculous. I'm not looking for special treat of any kind and if this is normal I will wait but I know if they were looking for something or if something was wrong it has been 6 months, they would have found it by now. So Im looking for advice on who I can call to shade some light on this situation and why them so long to get this over with and give us a real answer. Since october 2012 I feel like someone has casted a shadow of darkness over us and we are trying so hard to find out what is wrong but every door or window we turn to for an answer is closed. I would really appricate any help given or even advice as to where to go. I was thinking the media but Im not famous or special so I dont think they would listen but it is time for someone to answer for this situation taking sooo long. Hope this reach someone who can help and have the courage to answer. Stay Blessed Everyone.

May ALLAH Listen ur prayer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.