Mrs. Ibrahim

Trying to find a way out of AP PLEASE HELP US!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Would you by any chance know the reason why your husband APed?

My husband and I have been in Administrative Processing or AP for short since October 2, 2012. On all the websites and every where I have searched it really doesn't give me a timeline in which this process is cleared up or why is it even being done. I called the visa office here in the U.S to see what could we do and on there recording it clearly states that most AP cases clear after only 50 days while I know too many people who have went through this and are waiting years and I feel that is ridiculous. I'm not looking for special treat of any kind and if this is normal I will wait but I know if they were looking for something or if something was wrong it has been 6 months, they would have found it by now. So Im looking for advice on who I can call to shade some light on this situation and why them so long to get this over with and give us a real answer. Since october 2012 I feel like someone has casted a shadow of darkness over us and we are trying so hard to find out what is wrong but every door or window we turn to for an answer is closed. I would really appricate any help given or even advice as to where to go. I was thinking the media but Im not famous or special so I dont think they would listen but it is time for someone to answer for this situation taking sooo long. Hope this reach someone who can help and have the courage to answer. Stay Blessed Everyone.

Most adult men (and some women) from MENA countries will need to go through AP.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

People need to be more sympathetic and understanding when responding to AP questions. I have been in AP for 5 months now and everyday has felt like hell. Yes I call, yes I email , yes I pray....but all I can do is wait. However, I dont need someone being brash with me about it. All you can do is stay positive. It is not easy, I deal with it every day and it is a very sensitive topic. People should be aware of that. We all come here to get answers and or support. No need to tear each other down.

What gets me by is the thought of our future when all this is over....spending every day with the one I love. That carries me through. Knowing that while it may seem like forever, it will be over ONE day, and everyday, I am closer to that process.

If you cant post respectfully and or empathetically, then dont post at all.

BTW, what is the difference between a mandatory AP and an Internal AP?

Thanks

Edited by MissAAA

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

I am on AP too, and I can feel what you feel. Yes, every day is tough as hell, brutally true.

Keep you head up, live your everyday life, be strong, be positive, although we all know there is not much we can do to.

I check visajourney everyday, spent so much time reading everyone's posts.

We are on the same boat, some sympathy would definitely be healthy.

Best of luck to you MissAAA

People need to be more sympathetic and understanding when responding to AP questions. I have been in AP for 5 months now and everyday has felt like hell. Yes I call, yes I email , yes I pray....but all I can do is wait. However, I dont need someone being brash with me about it. All you can do is stay positive. It is not easy, I deal with it every day and it is a very sensitive topic. People should be aware of that. We all come here to get answers and or support. No need to tear each other down.

What gets me by is the thought of our future when all this is over....spending every day with the one I love. That carries me through. Knowing that while it may seem like forever, it will be over ONE day, and everyday, I am closer to that process.

Thanks

Thanks

Mandatory AP is the process described in the thread (background checks with the FBI etc) Internal AP is less common and means background checks, relationship checks or document verification at the embassy. It also can take a long time depending on whats being checked.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks

Thank you for this. My husband's case has been in administrative processing for 11 months and it is very difficult sometimes people post some hurtful responses.

I am on "necessary AP". Today I called DOS, and was told that the Consulate is processing for my eligibility. My interview did go all that well and now they are taking another look at my case, God knows how long it will take....I am hopeless now.

Mandatory AP is the process described in the thread (background checks with the FBI etc) Internal AP is less common and means background checks, relationship checks or document verification at the embassy. It also can take a long time depending on whats being checked.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

May ALLAH pass all of us through this stressful test , ALLAH gives EVeryone Sabar, and will inshallah bless us ALL with many happiness ! Hope you all get your visa inshallah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.