Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hmm..I wonder when we'll get a case complete. It's been ten days since we sent our checklist documents. Sigh! :(

Atleast they looked at yours. Mine doesnt even show in the system. So they haven't started to review it.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Atleast they looked at yours. Mine doesnt even show in the system. So they haven't started to review it.

Mine wasn't showing in the system as well. At least till Thursday, when the last time I called. I was looking at other peoples timelines, they get a case complete in a week after they send IV packet but .........headbonk.gif

Then why does they always say that they haven't received our documents yet or still waiting to get unsure.gif

Like jdba said, they don't scan them into the system for operators to see until the review has started. The system should be changed a bit so they're scanned right away for operators to see as I'm sure a LOT of people freak out when they think their package should have arrived (due to tracking), yet then hear from operators they haven't received it yet. If NVC were to just update their systems a bit, there'd be a lot less scared people out there...

Like jdba said, they don't scan them into the system for operators to see until the review has started. The system should be changed a bit so they're scanned right away for operators to see as I'm sure a LOT of people freak out when they think their package should have arrived (due to tracking), yet then hear from operators they haven't received it yet. If NVC were to just update their systems a bit, there'd be a lot less scared people out there...

I second you, they should change their system a lot! It gets so stressed when you dial with a lot of hope and still get the same answer that they haven't received the package yet. headbonk.gif I don't know what was the automated system was like but at least they should be prompted in answering the email queries with the adequate info!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

I second you, they should change their system a lot! It gets so stressed when you dial with a lot of hope and still get the same answer that they haven't received the package yet. headbonk.gif I don't know what was the automated system was like but at least they should be prompted in answering the email queries with the adequate info!

:ot:

Just IMO as I work in the Information System field, NVC could do many things much...much smarter way of working instead of harder and costly but they don't. Computers could easily replace as many or all operators into AVS when you call to answer such questions. I am sincerely thanks to those that make this decision at NVC keeping America jobs alive.

:ot2:

Edited by Readerchoice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:ot:

Just IMO as I work in the Information System field, NVC could do many things much...much smarter way of working instead of harder and costly but they don't. Computers could easily replace as many or all operators into AVS when you call to answer such questions. I am sincerely thanks to those that make this decision at NVC keeping America jobs alive.

:ot2:

More info ? Please study how SERCO handles many NVC customer-facing things.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

And how do they handles many NVC customers facing things? by replacing AVS to live operators?.

hey - i was asking YOU to study, la. ;) use advanced search tool.. Don't see it, upper left? come back on a PC, as your missing 80 percent of functionality of this web portal when using a handphone.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I agree. That's odd. I sent in nothing in regards to bank accounts. If that's the case then I'm due for a checklist too.

I have another question in regards to my AOS package. As of today it still has not been processed yet. In the event they reject me due to the fact that I was receiving partial unemployment benefits, can I submit a new package showing my new job? I literally just got a job offer several days ago (at least 2 weeks after I submitted the AOS paperwork) and what are the odds they will send a checklist or outright deny me? It's going to take a while to collect pay stubs. I do have an offer letter though showing my annual salary. I assume that this would suffice in lieu of a letter of employment? I mean, they say the same things on them.

IMO, send in the new stuff, maybe even a new I-864, to show this new stuff.

One of the things the I-864 captures (and the Vice-Consul looks at) is current annual income as it's one of the data points on the I-864.

you have new stuff, so send new stuff.

Include a cover letter stating that this is new stuff and you are requesting it get added to the casefile.

Use the same coversheet , also.

Getting a new job after coming off of unemployment compensation is a 'life changing event' that the IV unit looks at, and evaluates. Tis a good thing, so show it, la .

Timeline

Is the NVC closed on weekends? As in no chance of me having my Iv invoiced before Monday, right?

ya, they are closed on the weekends.

However, their computers churn 24/7, and there's a queue, even for that stuff (FIFO)

so , if the invoice generation was requested on thursday or friday, is quite possible to see it on the weekend, sometime.

So, what's that mean, really?

If the DS-3032 was added to the casefile Thursday or Friday, then a human clicked something in the computer screen to start the IV Fee Bill processing (this is yet another queue, la) .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hmm..I wonder when we'll get a case complete. It's been ten days since we sent our checklist documents. Sigh! :(

From what i've read, it takes about the same time as it does to review anything else, so approximately 2 weeks. I just mailed my checklist yesterday, so it'll be 2 weeks from tomorrow. sad.gif I put URGENT and IMPORTANT on the envelope inside the mailing envelope, hoping it helps catch someones attention and they review it faster! laughing.gif

Edited by coltoasty

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

Thanks so much for this information. Question --

I only have my wife's (beneficiary) Attested and Certified copy of her birth certificate. Is this sufficient for the IV Packet?

USCIS

08/09/2012- Filed I-130 through USPS

08/13/2012- USPS confirmed delivery

08/13/2012- USCIS confirmed receipt of I-130

10/25/2012- Called USCIS to obtain case # (Did not receive NOA1 in mail)

03/18/2013- NOA 2: APPROVED (221 Days)

Thanks so much for this information. Question --

I only have my wife's (beneficiary) Attested and Certified copy of her birth certificate. Is this sufficient for the IV Packet?

For NVC, you either send the original or certified copy of civil documents (birth, marriage).

For NVC, you either send the original or certified copy of civil documents (birth, marriage).

Thank you Saylin! As I have read, my wife can ask for all the original documents back after the interview so I will be sending in all originals except for her birth certificate with is certified (and attested).

The guide is a lifesaver (as I'm sure many people have stated already).

USCIS

08/09/2012- Filed I-130 through USPS

08/13/2012- USPS confirmed delivery

08/13/2012- USCIS confirmed receipt of I-130

10/25/2012- Called USCIS to obtain case # (Did not receive NOA1 in mail)

03/18/2013- NOA 2: APPROVED (221 Days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.