krinamej

Sent in I-129F two weeks before 2 year mark, will it get denied?

26 posts in this topic

I just sent my fiance I-129F last week, and on April 3, 2013 we will hit our two year mark that we haven't seen each other. I can't visit him in the Philippines because of the fact that I am working a part time job, and if I leave, I will lose my job. I can't risk losing my job, because we have a kid together that I'm taking care of and providing to. I am the only one providing for our child because he doesn't have a job and is just graduating from college (& yes we're young, we're both only 19 y/o).

I know I should've asked this before I sent the petition in, but WILL THE PETITION GET DENIED because of the fact that we haven't seen each other? I didn't know what else to put on the I-129F Supplement, because I really can't leave my job and I'm barely making enough money for a month, I haven't even gotten passports yet, but I sent in my old ticket and receipt from when I flew back here, since I used to live in the Philippines. I also forgot to attach the form for Electronic Notification, but they have received my packet, so how long will it take til I get back the receipt or the NOA1?

Thanks, guys!

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I just sent my fiance I-129F last week, and on April 3, 2013 we will hit our two year mark that we haven't seen each other. I can't visit him in the Philippines because of the fact that I am working a part time job, and if I leave, I will lose my job. I can't risk losing my job, because we have a kid together that I'm taking care of and providing to. I am the only one providing for our child because he doesn't have a job and is just graduating from college (& yes we're young, we're both only 19 y/o).

I know I should've asked this before I sent the petition in, but WILL THE PETITION GET DENIED because of the fact that we haven't seen each other? I didn't know what else to put on the I-129F Supplement, because I really can't leave my job and I'm barely making enough money for a month, I haven't even gotten passports yet, but I sent in my old ticket and receipt from when I flew back here, since I used to live in the Philippines. I also forgot to attach the form for Electronic Notification, but they have received my packet, so how long will it take til I get back the receipt or the NOA1?

Thanks, guys!

I think you ok since when u submitted ur application its still within 2 yrs. but my concern with u is u said u barely make enough money in a month and u have a kid, do u meet the poverty guidelines for 3?

I think you ok since when u submitted ur application its still within 2 yrs. but my concern with u is u said u barely make enough money in a month and u have a kid, do u meet the poverty guidelines for 3?

No, but I have a pending job with Dept of Homeland Security. They said that while the sequester is still going on, I'll be put in to the I think they said, "Ready pool" o "Job pool"? Something like that. And my mom's friend said that as long as I have a co-sponsor I'll be fine? I'm so confused right now.

Thank you! :)

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

The requirement only stated that you guys have to know yourself for at least 2years before filling and since you both have a child together I you have know each other for a long time. The requirement also state you guys should have meet in person at least once before filling and you have done that too. You will be fine, nothing to worry yourself about. Your NOA1 should arrived in the mail one week from the date USCIS receive your application maybe two weeks the most. GOODLUCK!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the receipt notice date , IMO, is what makes the difference when computing calendar duration.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

No, but I have a pending job with Dept of Homeland Security. They said that while the sequester is still going on, I'll be put in to the I think they said, "Ready pool" o "Job pool"? Something like that. And my mom's friend said that as long as I have a co-sponsor I'll be fine? I'm so confused right now.

Thank you! :)

Yes long as u have co sponsor ur ok but there r embassies that dont accept co sponsors. I found that out here. Sorry i dnt have the link. Why dont u post another topic asking that queation.

Hello,

The requirement only stated that you guys have to know yourself for at least 2years before filling and since you both have a child together I you have know each other for a long time. The requirement also state you guys should have meet in person at least once before filling and you have done that too. You will be fine, nothing to worry yourself about. Your NOA1 should arrived in the mail one week from the date USCIS receive your application maybe two weeks the most. GOODLUCK!!!

Oh, well, thank you! I am so nervous. Thank you so much!

the receipt notice date , IMO, is what makes the difference when computing calendar duration.

Okay, I'm confused. Are you talking about the petition itself or the NOA1?

Yes long as u have co sponsor ur ok but there r embassies that dont accept co sponsors. I found that out here. Sorry i dnt have the link. Why dont u post another topic asking that queation.

But the Manila Embassy accepts co-sponsors, right? 'cause my fiance is in the Philippines.

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

heart.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

pay attention to the receipt notice date, as that will govern if yer inside the 2 year span. .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

pay attention to the receipt notice date, as that will govern if yer inside the 2 year span. .

Oh, I see. Thank you!

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

heart.gif

Sorry for jumping in, but this is actually wrong. It is not true that you must have known each other for at least two years. A lot of people on here file and get approved having known each other less than two years. The only requirement for the USCIS stage is that (no matter for how long you have known each other), you must have MET at least once within the last two years.

As for the OP, I think you will be fine since you have met within the two-year period. Good luck!

No, it's fine. I am actually trying to see how many people would reply with the same thing, cause that would determine what's correct. I have encountered one that have known each other for like a year and a half, and they had filed and got approved, so I get what you're saying. Well, thank you so much. I see that it took you guys almost a year to finally get to see each other and get married, I know that it will take time but I hope ours get thru faster. Lol. Thanks again! :D

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

heart.gif

if your fiancee is in manila, i don't think they accept co-sponsor for fiance visa

I read something that if you're young, in school or just graduated, they will let you file with the co-sponsor. I'm planning to go to school in the fall, so if I do, they would take it right? I mean, I'm not really worried about that for the mean time, I'm worried about getting approved or not. Thanks for the info though, so I can prepare myself. :)

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Manila does accept co-sponsors for K-1 visa, but it is on a case-by-case basis. Some get rejected, some get approved. I believe those being approved have had parents or close family member co-sponsor, but even then it is likely situation dependent. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row.

Good luck!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks, guys!

Your two year requirement will be from march 2011 - March 2013, depending on receipt date. Have been together during time frame

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.