qasimhasan

Job in IT

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

job websites, post your resume on them

google your state job bank and look for jobs

google IT jobs in your area

go to a job bank and sign up maybe they can find you one and place you in the job

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Network

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you network at the mosque, if you are Muslim.

Or network at the IndoPak Student Club at the biggest university in your area.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Qasim if you want a job in IT you need to move to california, chicago, texas there are a few cities that IT professionals have no issues finding jobs in. You may also need to change format of resume depending on job. Look into temp agencies that hire it professionals thats a good olace to start. If your really struggling send me your resume and contact info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Network, Go to job sites like Monster and Dice, call recruiters, create your own network, keep in touch with people.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got/get most of my offers unsolicited over linkedin. Other than that sign up for the recruitment companies that are active in IT recruitment in your area. Monster.com and other job sites are good places to keep an eye on too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Dice.com is pretty good too.

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You should also try some recruiters with a lot of foreign contractors, they may be able to assist you and give you advice on dealing with some of the issues you are having. You might try Cognizant for a start.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been living in Houston area since 2009 and i had little luck finding any work in IT, I attended school in community college in my area and got a part time job as a help desk while I was a student, had to quit this job because of the low pay and not enough hours to make ends meet, I got a job in different field that was paying good, but it was a nightmare "just recently quit this one too" currently looking to go back to IT but it's been 2 weeks now and no luck, not even an interview.

not sure why I'm not getting interviews? is it my name? or maybe because most of my experience is not in the USA? really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.