lemajeca

How to ensure you have a clear lungs?

54 posts in this topic

I've been reading posts about their case has been delayed because St Luke's found something on the results of their chest x-ray. So I would like to ask how to have a clear lungs? I don't smoke and I always take vitamins. I drink occasionally. Just really want to make sure they won't find anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been reading posts about their case has been delayed because St Luke's found something on the results of their chest x-ray. So I would like to ask how to have a clear lungs? I don't smoke and I always take vitamins. I drink occasionally. Just really want to make sure they won't find anything.

They are looking for TB on the lung xrays. There isn't really a way to make sure they wont find anything. If they find something then you get further testing. Smoking does not make a difference unless you have lung cancer, then it shows up. Drinking does not do anything for your lung xray.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I have no advice for you but I hope yours will be an easy one. I made friends with a few people when I took my medical exam at St. Luke's in October 2009. One of them was so dismayed on day 2 because she was told to take a sputum test. She said that drinking Bear Brand didn't work. She even had an X-ray from another doctor who told her she was clear several days before she went to St. Luke's. I started to fret because I was coughing up clear, white phlegm a few days before and during the medical exam. Luckily things worked out for me.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont worry everything well be fine...for the mean time drink a lot more water ,milk and more fruits....

my preparation before my medical in saint lukes....i drink lots of water and lots of milk...more fruits ...i stop drinking coffe ,soda, and i also stop eating meat, i only ate veg. and little rice...Good luck

after my medical i ate all what i want ehehehehehe good luck

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

Good luck on your medical. We are on our 5th week, going 6th! (finally!).. My husband had his sputum tests done last Feb. We are still counting weekssss til we call St. Luke's for the culture result. Results will come out on April. 2 months delay is very disappointing, but it'll teach you to become patient. lol. But, Thank God he got NEGATIVE smear test on his pulmonary eval. Good Luck! ;-) You can make it!

I am the USC

thanks everyone for all your replies... good thing i'm the kind of person who drinks milk day and night and also water... i'm still waiting for our case number so I think I still have one month to prepare. just really nervous for everything. please pray for me and for others who are still on process. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

thanks again.

drink milk. Drink ALPINE milk. Lots of it before the interview atleast 3 days to a week before. I don't know why, I have no scientific research to prove, NO VIOLENT REACTION PLEASE, but some of the people i know would do this and they are smokers. They pass the xray exams. One is already in NY :D

Goto the doctor and have a checkup first. at least you will know if you are dealing with something that could possibly be dealt with

drink milk. Drink ALPINE milk. Lots of it before the interview atleast 3 days to a week before. I don't know why, I have no scientific research to prove, NO VIOLENT REACTION PLEASE, but some of the people i know would do this and they are smokers. They pass the xray exams. One is already in NY :D

Them being smokers and one already being in NY, had nothing to do with drinking ALPINE milk. It means they tested negative for exposure to TB.

How can you actually put this in writing to this person! Drinking milk will NOT effect the outcome of your X-ray. Relax, and have your X-ray, either your clear or your not, nothing you can do except follow the instructions from St. Lukes.

Well then I think it is just really important to eat something healthy like eat more fruits rich in Vit C... and take vitamins...

thanks all for the reply... i'm just wondering what others are doing with regards to this topic... :thumbs:

drinking milk might help prevent this...

as far as effecting chest x-ray... urban myth

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

drinking milk might help prevent this...

as far as effecting chest x-ray... urban myth

true or not, I think i might just drink milk... anyway, it's kinda my habit since I was a kid..:))

thanks.

just be healthy! what i did months before my medical is i stopped eating sweets and very minimal carbs also my fiance told me about raw garlic that if you have tb latent or active it will help so i did that for months and had vitamin c too. so i would highly suggest that you stay healthy, also im not sure with xrays from local hospitals because the xray at St. Luke's is actually a Radiograph of your lungs which is far different from the ones at the local hospitals. there were experiences shared here on vj about people who took an xray at hospitals before they had their medical which they had a negative result and at St. Luke's they were positive or they saw some scar (something like that) that eventually lead to sputum test but dont worry yourself too much just be healthy and try to stay away from diseases esp people with possible active tb. good luck and God bless your journey also dont forget to offer your worries to God , He knows exactly what is going to happen and trust Him to take care of you :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.