lemajeca

How to ensure you have a clear lungs?

54 posts in this topic

FYI, my husband is NON-smoker (he doesn't even like the smell of it)... Drinks milk every night (Esp when he learned about his medical, he bought a lot of milk. LOL!)....Loaded with lots of vitamins... Athletic...Clean-living in short! :-) But unfortunately he was ordered to have sputum exam because they saw something (a small spot) on his xray. :bonk: Don't worry, A lot of our vj family passed the medical. You'll make it! PRAY :thumbs:

Edited by lvchic

I am the USC

just be healthy! what i did months before my medical is i stopped eating sweets and very minimal carbs also my fiance told me about raw garlic that if you have tb latent or active it will help so i did that for months and had vitamin c too. so i would highly suggest that you stay healthy, also im not sure with xrays from local hospitals because the xray at St. Luke's is actually a Radiograph of your lungs which is far different from the ones at the local hospitals. there were experiences shared here on vj about people who took an xray at hospitals before they had their medical which they had a negative result and at St. Luke's they were positive or they saw some scar (something like that) that eventually lead to sputum test but dont worry yourself too much just be healthy and try to stay away from diseases esp people with possible active tb. good luck and God bless your journey also dont forget to offer your worries to God , He knows exactly what is going to happen and trust Him to take care of you :)

thank you, i'll take note of your advice... i'll do what I can do and may God do the rest... thanks a lot... :thumbs:

dont worry everything well be fine...for the mean time drink a lot more water ,milk and more fruits....

my preparation before my medical in saint lukes....i drink lots of water and lots of milk...more fruits ...i stop drinking coffe ,soda, and i also stop eating meat, i only ate veg. and little rice...Good luck

after my medical i ate all what i want ehehehehehe good luck

Ummmm - none of that makes ANY difference whatsoever. A person either has tuberculosis or they don't. The test isn't to determine if you have a chest cold, it's to determine if you have TB! "Magical" "cures" aren't going to do anything.

Please people, use the brains you were born with.

thanks everyone for all your replies... good thing i'm the kind of person who drinks milk day and night and also water... i'm still waiting for our case number so I think I still have one month to prepare. just really nervous for everything. please pray for me and for others who are still on process. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

thanks again.

What you drink has NOTHING to do with whether you have TB or not. Jeez.

drink milk. Drink ALPINE milk. Lots of it before the interview atleast 3 days to a week before. I don't know why, I have no scientific research to prove, NO VIOLENT REACTION PLEASE, but some of the people i know would do this and they are smokers. They pass the xray exams. One is already in NY :D

Again, having TB has NOTHING to do with being a smoker. Good god. What you drink or don't drink will not effect whether you have TB or not!

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Well then I think it is just really important to eat something healthy like eat more fruits rich in Vit C... and take vitamins...

thanks all for the reply... i'm just wondering what others are doing with regards to this topic... :thumbs:

One more time: tuberculosis is an INFECTIOUS DISEASE. It CANNOT be cured by drinking milk, taking vitamins, eating vegetables, standing on your head, or by sacrificing goats to the Pope or Satan. Please acquire some common sense!

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ummmm - none of that makes ANY difference whatsoever. A person either has tuberculosis or they don't. The test isn't to determine if you have a chest cold, it's to determine if you have TB! "Magical" "cures" aren't going to do anything.

Please people, use the brains you were born with.

What you drink has NOTHING to do with whether you have TB or not. Jeez.

Again, having TB has NOTHING to do with being a smoker. Good god. What you drink or don't drink will not effect whether you have TB or not!

well if you have TB history ofcourse it wont help you...but if you don't have ofcourse just stay healthy thats why i said drink lots more water milk and ate more fruits.... if you dont believe just ignore it..thats all

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

One more time: tuberculosis is an INFECTIOUS DISEASE. It CANNOT be cured by drinking milk, taking vitamins, eating vegetables, standing on your head, or by sacrificing goats to the Pope or Satan. Please acquire some common sense!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

.... and to think otherwise...... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Oh and eating raw garlic as a "cure"... really if TB were that simple to cure why would CDC even be concerned with it :wacko:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Oh and eating raw garlic as a "cure"... really if TB were that simple to cure why would CDC even be concerned with it :wacko:

Raw garlic benefits health by facilitating the treatment of conditions like atherosclerosis, arthritis, tuberculosis , bronchitis, pneumonia, insomnia, hypoglycemia, intestinal worms, digestive disorders, bladder stones, allergies, and various other diseases.

Read more http://www.speedyremedies.com/garlic-benefits.html

Garlic is a great remedy to prevent tuberculosis. You can have raw garlic three times a day or have garlic capsule.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/articles/229/medicines-and-remedies/dealing-with-tuberculosis-tb.html

Here is a partial list of ailments that have been successfully treated by raw garlic or garlic extracts: high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, tuberculosis, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, hypoglycemia, bronchitis, asthma, whooping, pneumonia, common cold, allergies, intestinal worms, intestinal putrefaction and gas, parasitic diarrhea, dysentery and insomnia.

http://www.herballegacy.com/Motteshard_Medicinal.html

what concerns them is that it is communicable that's why it needs to be treated before a patient travels elsewhere. :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Garlic is good for you but let's keep it real... :whistle:

If a person is concerened about having active TB .... garlic won't do anymore for "curing" the TB then dancing in the rain :dance: with your mouth open.

And I would bet the farm that St. Luke's isn't using garlic to treat the active TB during the 6 month treatment program.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

are they only looking for TB? there might be other diseases they would want to check... (i'm not sure, i think i need to read more about it) just really want to know how to have clear lungs... it's better to be careful... thanks for all your replies...

what will put me at ease is of course prayer... everything has a reason... xoxo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

are they only looking for TB? there might be other diseases they would want to check... (i'm not sure, i think i need to read more about it) just really want to know how to have clear lungs... it's better to be careful... thanks for all your replies...

what will put me at ease is of course prayer... everything has a reason... xoxo

Honestly, the only way to have clear lung is to have clear lungs. Eating healthy has no effect on the results, drinking milk/water whatever has no effect. It is your LUNG not your STOMACH they are assessing. your LUNGS are an assortment of air sacs (in layman's terms). If there is an infection there, the infection will show. If you're a long time smoker you may have shadows due to the death/clogging of the air sacs. Having a cigarette for the first time ever before the exam won't affect it either.

If you don't have TB and don't have any other form of lung damage (from smoking or other illness for example) the test will be clear. The only way to HAVE clear lungs, is if they are clear. Nothing you do will clear them. Anyone that tells you to eat healthy or drink this or that is lying. They have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

If you don't have TB (which is what the xray is for) then you'll have no problems. It's THAT simple.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Garlic is good for you but let's keep it real... :whistle:

If a person is concerened about having active TB .... garlic won't do anymore for "curing" the TB then dancing in the rain :dance: with your mouth open.

And I would bet the farm that St. Luke's isn't using garlic to treat the active TB during the 6 month treatment program.

I just posted a link that it cures tb but most people in the modern world would not believe in herbal medicines anymore because they just wanted to be ok right away.

What i was actually telling the OP was my preparation then before my medical exam because raw garlic prevents and cures tb.

}Our Journey{

Honestly, the only way to have clear lung is to have clear lungs. Eating healthy has no effect on the results, drinking milk/water whatever has no effect. It is your LUNG not your STOMACH they are assessing. your LUNGS are an assortment of air sacs (in layman's terms). If there is an infection there, the infection will show. If you're a long time smoker you may have shadows due to the death/clogging of the air sacs. Having a cigarette for the first time ever before the exam won't affect it either.

If you don't have TB and don't have any other form of lung damage (from smoking or other illness for example) the test will be clear. The only way to HAVE clear lungs, is if they are clear. Nothing you do will clear them. Anyone that tells you to eat healthy or drink this or that is lying. They have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

If you don't have TB (which is what the xray is for) then you'll have no problems. It's THAT simple.

what you eat can make you resistant to any disease, like TB... caused by bacteria... i think i wont agree with what you said that, "eating healthy has no effect on the results..."

I just posted a link that it cures tb but most people in the modern world would not believe in herbal medicines anymore because they just wanted to be ok right away.

What i was actually telling the OP was my preparation then before my medical exam because raw garlic prevents and cures tb.

i agree with you...

what you eat can make you resistant to any disease, like TB... caused by bacteria... i think i wont agree with what you said that, "eating healthy has no effect on the results..."

:thumbs:

Edited by RyRo

}Our Journey{

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Agree with what you like but what you believe and what is true are two different things. I passed everything with flying colours as expected because I don't have TB. I had asthma when I was a kid, no damage to my lungs so nothing to be concerned about. If you want to eat healthy, go ahead, but don't fool yourself into believing that it will change the outcome because it won't. If you don't have TB, you will be fine. It's that easy.

If you want to be healthy, go to a doctor, get tested, get the BCG vaccine. THAT will stop you contracting it, not food.

You are extremely wrong. The link you posted is for old wives tales. It is not the truth. Herbal remedies are for sure good for some things, not all. Certainly not for prevention or cure of TB.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.