iluvmy_hubbybunny

Meeting in person within two years before filing K1 Visa Petition

21 posts in this topic

Hi Good Day Guys

Just a quick question. Is it possible to deny your petition (I-129F) if the last meeting in person was more than two years ago? They never meet again and just filed the petition this year.

Thank You..

-Cath

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Good Day Guys

Just a quick question. Is it possible to deny your petition (I-129F) if the last meeting in person was more than two years ago? They never meet again and just filed the petition this year.

Thank You..

-Cath

Yes, they do not meet the requirements to file.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

They can known each other since ever but if they havent seen each other within the last 2 years, they will be deny.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Good Day Guys

Thank You..

-Cath

The 2 main requirements of the I-129F petition are:

1) Both be free to marry at the time the petition is filed

2) Have met in person face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing

If you do not meet both of these requirements, you WILL be denied. Do not bother to send the petition if you do not meet the requirements. It will just be a waste of $340. Instead put that money towards having another visit together before filing.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, that is one of the requirements of the K-1 visa, refer to Form I-129F instructions, "Who May File Form I-129F," page 4, statement 2:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Good Day Guys

Thank You..

-Cath

Not "possible". It is Guaranteed they will deny it if you do not meet the qualifications and that is one of them.

If you have not met within the last two years, DO SO, and then file the petition.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Good Day Guys

Thank You..

-Cath

And just another point for you, your member name is all cute and stuff but DO NOT refer to your FIANCE as your "hubby" lest someone believe you are already married and deny your FIANCEE visa, and YES that has happened.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

And just another point for you, your member name is all cute and stuff but DO NOT refer to your FIANCE as your "hubby" lest someone believe you are already married and deny your FIANCEE visa, and YES that has happened.

Oh thank you.. Im married already.. and on AOS stage.. I just post the question for one filipina who's kinda worried about her case and i want her to have a consistent answer.. :) thank you again

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Technically if they can prove reason they couldn't meet it is still possible. Not likely but still possible. It will probably look bad if they haven't seen each other for over 2 years though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes... it is highly possible since one of the requirements is to have met in person... :blush:

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Good Day Guys

Thank You..

-Cath

yes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes... it is highly possible since one of the requirements is to have met in person... :blush:

:thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

What?! My fiancé and I refer to each other as husband and wife all the time - in e-mails and in cards we send each other whilst apart. And I've used his surname for requesting travel brochures and the like. We feel like we are husband and wife but we aren't legally.

Are you saying that someone was denied the K1 visa because someone in authority thought they were married rather than engaged because they called each other husband and wife?

:help:

Edited by Anna Grant

I think they have met in person - it's just that it is more than two years ago. So, yes it will be denied as they must have met in person during the two years immediately before filing the petition. There will need to be proof of that - airline ticket receipts, passport entry and exit stamps, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.