Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Still no reply on the optin email or the ds-261. I'm thinking I should call and see what's up? At least with the optin.

optin sent to nvcelectronic@state.gov

and

you OPT IN after the AOS fee bill hits yer email inbox ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I hope is some answer for you. Seriously !

Need? No.

It is recommended, though. For example, all civil documents -write yer casefile # in pencil.

There was no luck for me today. Another Tier 2 told me to wait few more weeks.

I think i have to wait 2 more weeks to see if the cases will arrive to NVC.

Let's see what will happens!!!!

:blush:

optin sent to nvcelectronic@state.gov

and

you OPT IN after the AOS fee bill hits yer email inbox ?

No in Canada I can optin right away. But I'll send it again.

It's really odd, I can see the IV fee, and it says to "pay" the way I sign in to do the DS-261 and DS-260, but it doesn't have it available to pay (no spot to select) on the payment portal. DS-261 says completed. AOS is paid. Hubs doesn't have tax transcripts, hasn't done the I-864. crying.gif /confused

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - option 2 - call yer congressman's office. i posted a reply to you about this.

It's really odd, I can see the IV fee, and it says to "pay" the way I sign in to do the DS-261 and DS-260, but it doesn't have it available to pay (no spot to select) on the payment portal. DS-261 says completed. AOS is paid. Hubs doesn't have tax transcripts, hasn't done the I-864. crying.gif /confused

can keep paying stuff.

but

stop a bit, opt in today and tomorrow as

that opt in thingie (when working) is same day, sometimes same 4 hour block .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Still no reply on the optin email or the ds-261. I'm thinking I should call and see what's up? At least with the optin.

The OPTIN took exactly a week for me from when we e-mail to receiving an e-mail back.

The DS-261 seemed to take forever. Did them on 5 Mar and got an e-mail finally on 21 Mar.

I’m not sure what worse, the baby steps at NVC or the long wait at USCIS.

:clock:

I can't pay it.. that's the weird part. I can't pay the IV bill even though on the applicant page, it has "pay" LOL it's quite odd. Maybe tomorrow. I'm off work tomorrow and I can call them after the boo is in bed tonight. resending optin... should supervisor review go into the subject line? devil.gif

The OPTIN took exactly a week for me from when we e-mail to receiving an e-mail back.

The DS-261 seemed to take forever. Did them on 5 Mar and got an e-mail finally on 21 Mar.

I'm not sure what worse, the baby steps at NVC or the long wait at USCIS.

:clock:

I haven't had an email about the DS-261 yet. It says completed on the portal and on the portal where you do the DS-261 it allows me to click "pay" for the IV bill, but i can't pay it on the payment portal. Maybe tomorrow??? wacko.gif

whistling.gifTOMORROW! TOMORROW! I LOVE YA TOMORROW! YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!!! whistling.gif

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I got my IV bill invoiced so I paid it today and ran to the post office and sent my IV package overnight mail! Hoping for case complete in 2 weeks!!

06/11/2012: Married

07/03/2012: I-130 delivered to Chicago

07/06/2012: NOA1 VSC

07/11/2012: Received paper NOA1

02/27/2013: Received NOA2 Email that we were approved

03/01/2013: Recieved Paper NOA2

NVC

03/04/2013: NVC received

03/21/2013: NVC Case no. assigned

03/21/2013: DS-3032 emailed

03/26/2013: Resent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review

03/26/2013: DS-3032 accepted

03/26/2013: Paid AOS fee

03/26/2013: AOS Package Mailed to NVC

03/27/2013: Received IV Bill

03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill

03/27/2013: Sent IV Packet overnight

04/08/2013: AOS Accepted

04/11/2013: Case Complete

04/26/2013: Expedite Approved

05/10/2013: Medical

05/21/2013: Interview

05/22/2013: Received Visa

05/25/2013: POE (Boston) US Immigration done in Bermuda

I can't pay it.. that's the weird part. I can't pay the IV bill even though on the applicant page, it has "pay" LOL it's quite odd. Maybe tomorrow. I'm off work tomorrow and I can call them after the boo is in bed tonight. resending optin... should supervisor review go into the subject line? devil.gif

I haven't had an email about the DS-261 yet. It says completed on the portal and on the portal where you do the DS-261 it allows me to click "pay" for the IV bill, but i can't pay it on the payment portal. Maybe tomorrow??? wacko.gif

whistling.gifTOMORROW! TOMORROW! I LOVE YA TOMORROW! YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!!! whistling.gif

I know the day before we were invoiced for the IV bill it switched from “Not available” to “Not Paid” on the IV forms page: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

My DS-261 is still only showing as completed and the same for my IV form. I don’t know if they ever change their status or not.

It doesn’t hurt to call though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my opton email yesterday after ten days.

Edited by Back_to_KY

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I should have said that I was only able to pay IV bill yesterday too.

I have to send my birth certificate ; though have sent out the original translated one earlier but they want with Pakistani union council stamp on it. A question for the experts and all the Pakistani VJ members; would it be perfect to send the attested/certified copy of Urdu and translated Birth Certificate from the union council?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

YAY! My expedite request was received by NVC yesterday (thanks to my congressman) and forwarded to the Cairo Embassy yesterday as well! :D I hope Cairo accepts it soon! :) I can feel it getting closer and closer to the interview :) :) alhamduallah :dance: :dance:

Consider yourself fortunate. It took NVC seven days to forward my expedite request to the Embassy. I did find out today that it was approved, that took two days. So we are pleased.

Best wishes for the approval of your expedite request.smile.gif

Called NVC again earlier and got a hold of someone way earlier than normal. Our NOA2 was on March 4 and it was received by NVC on March 11. During my previous calls, the rep would normally say "it is not in the system yet and wait for 20 business days". This time the rep asked for names of the petitioner and beneficiary and birthdates and verified our email addresses and was able to change our mailing address. I was so excited about this development that I forgot to ask if we had a case # already...My question is I suppose if they did all that then logic follows that we do have a case # already ? Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I found out today that our expedite request was approved by the embassy. I asked the operator if our DS-230 packet had been reviewed and she said, "no". She then proceeded to tell me that they would send the case to the embassy within 24 hours and that once they found our IV packet they would return that to us via regular mail. She said we should start filling out a new DS-230… I nearly had a heart attack. For a second I tried to explain that doing that would slow us down, then I thought it's better to speak with supervisor about this. Good thing I knew I could, thanks Saylin and others.

Supervisor Julie said our case was expedited, and I said our DS-230 was in the building as of the 18th. Would that be returned to us? Julie said, "No, we will track that down and include that in your file going to the embassy". I had her repeat it twice. Still feeling a bit uneasy after hearing the operator entertain the idea of mailing our original documents to our mountain village in Nepal - we still haven't received our NOA2 yet from USCIS!!! It's most likely lost. I think I will be calling again first thing in the morning and making sure they know that our DS-230 packet is in the building and to make a note on our case. The mere idea of them returning those documents is terrifying. After hearing everyone else's experiences with NVC $%$K-ups I am concerned.

I have to say I had tremendous fortune today. We have 2 six-hour blackouts each day and sometimes the internet works after the power comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Today the power came on an hour early and then the internet about 20 minutes before NVC closed at midnight. I was able to get through. Skype didn't drop me while on hold and I was able to speak with a supervisor. That's equivalent to winning the PowerBall in Nepal.

Called NVC again earlier and got a hold of someone way earlier than normal. Our NOA2 was on March 4 and it was received by NVC on March 11. During my previous calls, the rep would normally say "it is not in the system yet and wait for 20 business days". This time the rep asked for names of the petitioner and beneficiary and birthdates and verified our email addresses and was able to change our mailing address. I was so excited about this development that I forgot to ask if we had a case # already...My question is I suppose if they did all that then logic follows that we do have a case # already ? Thank you.

Yes call back tomorrow and get your numbers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.