Flaxen

Reasons for K1 slow down

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The "Dreamers" are under no threat of deportation. Most of them have been here for many years, and the instruction to ICE is not to deport them unless they are involved in a crime. They have their paperwork filed. They paid their fees. So let em wait a few more months. DACA apps are processing to the tune of 3,500 a DAY. All that is really at stake for them is the equivalent of an EAD. DACA doesn't confer a green card or a path to legal status. It is merely permission to work and getting them "registered" for 2 years, while we wait for congress to pass an actual solution.

I'm glad some of you are martyrs and will give them your place in line willingly, but I take offense at it.

A lot of the Dreamers want to attend college or be able to work legally and they really need their social and work permit. They need their social security number to be able to apply to financial aid (FAFSA dateline is coming up) and be able to help support their families/themselves etc.... I personally see how they need the application process urgently and I do willingly give them my spot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

A lot of the Dreamers want to attend college or be able to work legally and they really need their social and work permit. They need their social security number to be able to apply to financial aid (FAFSA dateline is coming up) and be able to help support their families/themselves etc.... I personally see how they need the application process urgently and I do willingly give them my spot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have "needs" too. So does my fiancee. We all have "needs". I am an American citizen, and I served my country. So who are they to say my "needs" are less important? But you are right, and I agree in that though we have opposing opinions, we are equally entitled to them, and neither of our opinions will change anything.

Edited by Jeikun

Most senators have a spot on their website where you can email them your concerns. I email Senator Rand Paul yesterday. Lets flood the mailboxes of these people. Get your loved ones, families and friends to do the same.

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Some from January 2013 have been approved too. There are always a few that get approved "out of sequence", either amazingly fast, or slow, with no explanation. If you are 30 July, you are right in the "sweet spot" for what should be being processed now.

Hang in there. We just got our NOA2 and we got our NOA1 on Aug. 10, having submitted the application on Aug. 8. They're definitely getting to the August applications now. I agree the ramp up in Visa for current illegals has slowed things down a bit.

March 2010 Met through work (worked in different countries)

November 3, 2010 started dating

December 10, 2010 first visit to Guatemala

June 23, 2012 engaged!

August 8, 2012 K-1 filed

August 10, 2012 K-1 received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

February 13, 2013 NOA2

February 15, 2013 Visa forwarded to NVC

March 4, 2013 Visa forwarded to embassy

Packet 4 March 15, 2013

Interview scheduled March 22 for April 11

April 11 Visa approved!

April 12 She received her visa!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If I had to guess, I would say DACA (The Executive Order for staying deportation of illegals who came here as children, similar to the DREAM Act but definitely not the same thing) is consuming a lot of resources for USCIS because a lot of petitions have been filed. Meanwhile, with Congress slashing the federal budget left and right, I am sure they have not been able to hire additional officers to handle the extra work. Hence the longer backlog.

It's not Obama's fault. The Congressional GOP's delegation is the one insisting on budget cuts, which prevent more employees being hired. Having said that, My fiancee and I are beginning to regret the decision to go the K-1 route. Based on earlier processing times, I thought it would be faster than getting married abroad and consular processing for a green card, which takes about a year (or at least used to). If the K-1 timeline is now about the same, we could have married abroad and wouldn't have all to spend the extra fees on the AOS application, the EAD, etc.

DACA and PW.

It is not a budgetry issue as the fees pay for the processing. I do remember saying that I could not see how the DACA fees could pay for the processing costs so it is reasonable to assume there is a cross subsidy both financially and in time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Can some one offer me an explaination as to why the process has slowed down to a trickle? Estimates of 5 months are a reasonable wait time, but things are trickling to one a day , with 90 a month being submitted the back log is astronomical!

We are on day 195... and yes probably will hear any day now... but also may have to wait until April!

checking the waiting period now seems ridiculous....way back 2010 when my fiancée (my present husband now) petition me via k1 visa...he applied May 2010 and got already NOA2 approval by July 2010...got here in US by Aug 2010....and now im on removal of condition journey, I guess I need to wait for more than a year till I got the ROC approval...

:crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can some one offer me an explaination as to why the process has slowed down to a trickle? Estimates of 5 months are a reasonable wait time, but things are trickling to one a day , with 90 a month being submitted the back log is astronomical!

We are on day 195... and yes probably will hear any day now... but also may have to wait until April!

Most likely they have concentrated on other petitions for a time, it happens. Be aware that this Igor's list is but a tiny fraction of what is received and hundreds of petitions could be approved and not "hit" one on Igor's list, and then even if they do, the person needs to update their timeline. It is a completely imprecise method to determine what is happening except as a broad gauge.

If I depended on such data for my job I would be fired within a month.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

When I was in college I have wait tables and bartend, obviously there are many bus boys and kitchen helpers....

These people and their family never pay any taxes. But they still work and have been support their family. They usually dont get pay checks instead they get paid in cash. I've seen it many times when I had part time job during my college years.....

So I bet they can still support their family without actual working visa and they still have their love one gere to cheer them during their wait..and they can wait shorter time compared ti some of us....very unfair to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I totally understand the July filers frustrations. I hope you all get approved soon!!!! Best of luck guys, try to stay your cool. I feel upset about that DACA as well seeing all those thousand JANUARY 2013 APPROVALS, while we on the other hand have to experience all this long agonizing wait, can't believe we're still stuck at JULY 2012 petitions. wow.gifcrying.gif I'm an October filer BTW, and doesn't have any right to rant about it yet, I know..I just feel that it's unfair for DACA filers to get all those approvals so fast. - Amber

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't know if I can handle the wait :no:

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." Bruce Lee

2006: Met online and started chatting

July 14, 2010: Officially a couple

November 04, 2010: Finally met in Dubai

November 14, 2010: Engaged

November 17, 2010: Left Dubai to go back to the US

January 2, 2011: Moved back to Dubai

January 6, 2011: Officially got engaged by a priest

April 27, 2011: We're having a baby!

July 7, 2011: Moved back to the states

January 15, 2012: Gave birth to our daughter Madelyn

February 13th, 2013: Sent I-129F

February 14th 2013: I-129f received at Lewisville TX Lock Box

February 20th, 2013: USCIS cashed my check

February 20th, 2013: Received email/text of acceptance of NOA1

February 25th, 2013: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

February 25th, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

June 21st, 2013: Case was transferred to Texas

July 30th, 2013: NOA2

00-00-2013 Case forwarded to NVC

00-00-2013 Case forwarded by NVC to US Embassy

00-00-2013 Packet sent

00-00-2013 Interview date set

00-00-2013 Medical

00-00-2013 Interview

00-00-2013 Visa Approved

00-00-2013 US Entry

00-00-2013 Wedding

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most likely they have concentrated on other petitions for a time, it happens. Be aware that this Igor's list is but a tiny fraction of what is received and hundreds of petitions could be approved and not "hit" one on Igor's list, and then even if they do, the person needs to update their timeline. It is a completely imprecise method to determine what is happening except as a broad gauge.

It's about 7%

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415853-the-differences-between-csc-and-vsc-noa-2s/

Yes, this is going to have error compared to the actual data, but to have only about 1 NOA2 every other day, when you should have about 3-4 a day, for 3 months? Look at the data, and past data, and see for yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I have to stop coming to this site. Seeing people with September NOA1 dates getting approved at CSC is just infuriating me. Sorry for my bitterness - I wish I could be happy for you but all I can think is how unfair it is to us July filers who haven't heard anything.

That's so horrible!!! Wrong attitude. Be happy for your fellow citizens. There are gonna be people faster and slower than you on this site. Ths is merely a place to have a sense of community so you don't feel alone in this long, difficult process. Where's you spirit? Go get a bag of kush and calm those nerves brada-man! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I spoke with my Senator's office today. They did an official inquiry into our case for us, and we had an interesting discussion about the cSC workload. They confirmed that the dream act has a separate department that was hired to handle these cases. What we are seeing is the cyclical shift of processing amongst the various other visa's they handle. While the USCIS is still reporting July 18th as the official last processed date, and has been reporting this day for about 1 month, this slowdown is not because of the Dream Act. The VJ members represent about 3% of the cases that are filed with the USCIS (at least that are handled in CSC) and from the historical data from Igor's list, it looks like about 9% of all the VJ members don't update their timelines past NOA1 (taking March through June, assuming that they are all processed, guessing that 3% of the cases are truly still being adjucated leaves a balance of 9% that don't update). So the previous post is about right on for the sweet spot (although I calculated it to be the 25th of July, based on 1.5 VJ approvals per day).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I must say, I like what you post in the forums and I agree. Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.