Flaxen

Reasons for K1 slow down

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Flaxen,

We are 3 days before you and in the same exact boat. I keep telling myself "any day now," and here we are, about to join the "200 club."

Let's hope for good news soon!

We are also August 6 (NOA1) and have not heard back at all. I called and they told me to call back mid-march if I haven't received my NOA2 by then.

I know a few dreamers and in fact their applications have been approved in as little as a month. But you can't blame them! They have no fault and they deserve to get their applications reviewed in a speedy way. WE just have to be patient :(

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did my k1 petition last year in February and it took a smooth 5 months with no RFE after that the USCIS/NVC sends it to the embassy and it was only 1 month and she got her visa, I did notice that some visa fees did go down. I been hearing that a lot of people's petitions are bing held up longer.

You are one of those that cause false data since you started a timeline but didn't finish it. Please take a moment to complete it with accurate dates.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Ahhh August 10, 2012 with csc and still no noa2 I feel so down and depressed and I just wish that when I call then today I get the right answer oh god plzzz help us all

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Timeline

You are one of those that cause false data since you started a timeline but didn't finish it. Please take a moment to complete it with accurate dates.

What false data are you saying that I'm spreading? as for my timeline I never know how to use this site since I'm not on it as often as others and I only come here to read some people's experience as well as share my own and maybe ask a question here and there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We are also August 6 (NOA1) and have not heard back at all. I called and they told me to call back mid-march if I haven't received my NOA2 by then.

I know a few dreamers and in fact their applications have been approved in as little as a month. But you can't blame them! They have no fault and they deserve to get their applications reviewed in a speedy way. WE just have to be patient :(

My fiance and I discussed how long we would wait before considering other options. We'd thought that mid March was enough time... and otherwise consider marrying and applying for spousal (but we are possibly so close) or that I apply for work to enter. The huge discrepancies are the challenge... regardless of when you submit there is no guarantee of a response.. (July filers waiting while September ones get their notication)...

I'm hoping they are working on those filers that are waiting from July / August etc as I type..... I on the other hand have my life in limbo.. and just want certainty :unsure:

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Filed: Timeline

If I had to guess, I would say DACA (The Executive Order for staying deportation of illegals who came here as children, similar to the DREAM Act but definitely not the same thing) is consuming a lot of resources for USCIS because a lot of petitions have been filed. Meanwhile, with Congress slashing the federal budget left and right, I am sure they have not been able to hire additional officers to handle the extra work. Hence the longer backlog.

It's not Obama's fault. The Congressional GOP's delegation is the one insisting on budget cuts, which prevent more employees being hired. Having said that, My fiancee and I are beginning to regret the decision to go the K-1 route. Based on earlier processing times, I thought it would be faster than getting married abroad and consular processing for a green card, which takes about a year (or at least used to). If the K-1 timeline is now about the same, we could have married abroad and wouldn't have all to spend the extra fees on the AOS application, the EAD, etc.

Timeline

My fiance and I discussed how long we would wait before considering other options. We'd thought that mid March was enough time... and otherwise consider marrying and applying for spousal (but we are possibly so close) or that I apply for work to enter. The huge discrepancies are the challenge... regardless of when you submit there is no guarantee of a response.. (July filers waiting while September ones get their notication)...

I'm hoping they are working on those filers that are waiting from July / August etc as I type..... I on the other hand have my life in limbo.. and just want certainty :unsure:

We also discussed other options but at this point there is no certainty in anything else since it seems they have slowed down in processing times. I just don't want to start all over from scratch and waiting seems the only thing to do. I also don't understand how they pick what they process (those Sept filers)....wonder if they just have a pile on their desk and just grab one at random or if its country specific...who knows..... sending all of us positive vibes! Life in Limbo too!!!!

K1 Visa
NVC Left:
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Same. This was handled poorly. Over 7 months now of waiting.

7 Months wow. I been 6 month my fiancée from thailand.... I wish i had the money would just move there open small business and stay there. Thai people really don't want to come the America. They love their way of life and thier King... I been there so many times I love it too, but I have to be here USA waiting for her to come.... Sucksss and frustrating :crying: .... Wish you luck

Timeline

If I had to guess, I would say DACA (The Executive Order for staying deportation of illegals who came here as children, similar to the DREAM Act but definitely not the same thing) is consuming a lot of resources for USCIS because a lot of petitions have been filed. Meanwhile, with Congress slashing the federal budget left and right, I am sure they have not been able to hire additional officers to handle the extra work. Hence the longer backlog.

The USCIS funding structure is one of the principal challenges to efficient and timely delivery of immigration services. The manner in which USCIS obtains its funding affects every facet of USCIS operations, including the ability to: (1) implement new program and processing initiatives; (2) begin information technology and other transformation efforts; and (3) plan for the future. Congress mandates that USCIS be self-funded. This includes covering the cost of programs for which the agency charges no fees, i.e., “unfunded mandates,” such as asylum and refugee processing and U.S. armed forces naturalization filings, as well as operational overhead and information technology modernization.

And they are getting a lot of money from all of those submitted DACA applications.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is extremely disheartening for us that are about to file our K-1. What the hell are they doing in those offices?

It is, however you find things to pass the time to keep busy and get to plan your life out with your other half. :)

They are working in the offices, I'm sure. It is paperwork and checking everything. I'm waiting as well, but I would rather see a child that was raised in the US be allowed to stay, rather than be deported back to a country they don't know. (for example)

I'm not going to blame a president either. It isn't one person's fault - I don't think there is fault here, just change. Change isn't always a bad thing either.

Edited by Buxi&Dusk

Timeline

But you can't blame them! They have no fault and they deserve to get their applications reviewed in a speedy way. WE just have to be patient :(

So we don't deserve to have ours processed in a reasonable time? And who gets to decide who is more deserving?

The stated goal is 5 months for processing I-129F's...they are behind their goal...they need to use their resources to get back on track. End of story.

Timeline

So we don't deserve to have ours processed in a reasonable time? And who gets to decide who is more deserving?

The stated goal is 5 months for processing I-129F's...they are behind their goal...they need to use their resources to get back on track. End of story.

Yea, we all deserve to have our applications processed in a reasonable time. However, Dreamers are children that were brought here through no fault of their own. I agree with the post above that "I'm waiting as well, but I would rather see a child that was raised in the US be allowed to stay, rather than be deported back to a country they don't know. (for example)"

We also do not know for certain that the backlog is due to the Dreamers...we are assuming without facts....yes, there might be those graphs and date that people have posted but we don't know for certain.....

K1 Visa
NVC Left:
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

The "Dreamers" are under no threat of deportation. Most of them have been here for many years, and the instruction to ICE is not to deport them unless they are involved in a crime. They have their paperwork filed. They paid their fees. So let em wait a few more months. DACA apps are processing to the tune of 3,500 a DAY. All that is really at stake for them is the equivalent of an EAD. DACA doesn't confer a green card or a path to legal status. It is merely permission to work and getting them "registered" for 2 years, while we wait for congress to pass an actual solution.

I'm glad some of you are martyrs and will give them your place in line willingly, but I take offense at it.

Edited by Jeikun

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.