MSM

Free AOS ?? Its that true or bulls%^t?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello friends ...

Im wondering if its true that somebody came to usa with k1 visa .. and tryint to apply for AOS for free .. i was a member of some group on facebook .. and there was 2 girls trying to do this .. i didnt agree and i got mad and said thats illegal and bullsh%% ... they are trying to save this money .. and said we are stupid paying because they will get a way to no pay ... they will say they dont have the money .. but my hubby just said it doesnt make sense ... because if they dnt have money they should wait like other ones who have waited years to apply for aos .. cause money was shorty ... and also how they will apply for aos with no money if they need sponsor ... it just doesnt make any sense ... i dont know if she is lying .. and stressing who did the legal way and the right ... or if she is trying to do something under the the sheets ...

Anybody knows if is that possible or just a lie and they will just deny their app ... i hope its just a rumor and not the right thing to do because after all this time and money we spent .. not fair ...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like what comes out of the south end of a north-bound mule…. :secret:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sounds like a bull@&$ to me! Actually the first thing The USCIS check when a package arrive (k1, AoS, cr1) is the money who comes with it. If you send your package with a wrong fee or No money on it, you are NOT gonna get an RFE, you're gonna get a huge denial. 3 month ago one of my husband's coworker, sent his wife's AoS but he forgot to put the check inside the package! 2 weeks later their received the entire package back with a denial notice.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Hello friends ...

Im wondering if its true that somebody came to usa with k1 visa .. and tryint to apply for AOS for free .. i was a member of some group on facebook .. and there was 2 girls trying to do this .. i didnt agree and i got mad and said thats illegal and bullsh%% ... they are trying to save this money .. and said we are stupid paying because they will get a way to no pay ... they will say they dont have the money .. but my hubby just said it doesnt make sense ... because if they dnt have money they should wait like other ones who have waited years to apply for aos .. cause money was shorty ... and also how they will apply for aos with no money if they need sponsor ... it just doesnt make any sense ... i dont know if she is lying .. and stressing who did the legal way and the right ... or if she is trying to do something under the the sheets ...

Anybody knows if is that possible or just a lie and they will just deny their app ... i hope its just a rumor and not the right thing to do because after all this time and money we spent .. not fair ...

MSM, it really does not matter what others did, or do for that matter. What matters is what YOU do. There must have been someone at some point who managed to complete their AOS for free; or perhaps not. IMHO consider concentrating on your paperwork and doing things according to your conscience. :)

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

When it comes with immigration stuff there's a whole underground world where people do anything to get their american dream come true. From People who comes to the US with tourist visa and get married instead of using the regular procedures, to people who pays thousands of dollars to cross the border illegally, risking their life. When I was living in my homecountry you heard this stories, but once you are here, it is incredible what people is willing to do to stay here. My point is that I know how frustrating is, cause in order to be here, most of us had to wait for month and paid high fees just to make things legal. And it pissed me off when people, who are not doing things legally, get away with it. But I've learn that we are not responsable for other's people behavior, and if they are doing good or bad things is basically, not our business. As long as I'm doing things right its all that matters to me. So don't get mad, feel proud of yourself cause you are doing what you suppose to do, the right thing

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

You said there were 2 girls "trying to do this." You didn't say they accomplished it. There is a fee waiver form but it does not apply to I-485 with a I-864 required. Maybe they just saw the fee waiver form and didn't read the rules about it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There is a way to not pay, but not a way to not pay if the person is AOSing like you are, thanks to a K1 and a happy marriage to a USC.

There is a fee waiver but like you stated, AOS through the normal route requires a sponsor so to be eligible for a fee waiver you'd have to say you have no money, but you need to have money to actually successfully AOS.. so it wouldn't work.

Some have used the fee waiver for ROC (because there's a window for filing and it's a requirement).

So no, don't worry. You are doing things the legal way through a happy marriage to a USC, and that means you get to pay.

Try not the let the illegals and bad people get to you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like what comes out of the south end of a north-bound mule…. :secret:

:bonk:Do the right thing, be legal don't lie, don't listen to others who lie and cheat the system. Be a good person follow the rules.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks everyone .. i just got confused and upset for sometime cause i thought omg its not fair .. we waited .. paid a lot of fees how everybody else .. and this ppl doing ilegal stuff trying to take advantage of uscis and others .. but its ok .. ppl will get what they are planting ... if you do right things in your life you will get good things ... but who always make bad choices will get problems ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.