MoTiff

Is there any hope for 221 (g)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all,

I didn't lie, I didn't falsify any document, our relationship is genuine, but the officer decided that, and of course he was interrupting me all the time, then he decided our marriage were sham and not genuine, although we provided phone bills, photos, money receipts, and affidavit of bona fied of marriage from my wife's mom, cousin, friend and herself, but the officer denied the VISA, and recommended it to be revoked, and sending it back to USCIS.

I've just read that nothing can defy that except proving an extreme hardship of a relationship, that includes having a kid, or causing death and so on, which all are not applicable to our case, so, my point here, is there any hope, is there anyway to over come that, anyone had succeeded in doing that? Or its a dead end already, and all what is being said is just to give some hope?

Thank you all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi all,

I didn't lie, I didn't falsify any document, our relationship is genuine, but the officer decided that, and of course he was interrupting me all the time, then he decided our marriage were sham and not genuine, although we provided phone bills, photos, money receipts, and affidavit of bona fied of marriage from my wife's mom, cousin, friend and herself, but the officer denied the VISA, and recommended it to be revoked, and sending it back to USCIS.

I've just read that nothing can defy that except proving an extreme hardship of a relationship, that includes having a kid, or causing death and so on, which all are not applicable to our case, so, my point here, is there any hope, is there anyway to over come that, anyone had succeeded in doing that? Or its a dead end already, and all what is being said is just to give some hope?

Thank you all

Can you tell us more about your case ? do you think there was any red flags about your marriage like an age or religion difference ? I can see that you're from Jordan but your Interview took place in Malaysia, can you also tell us why ?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi

Marriage : 2010-02-09

I-130 Sent : 2012-04-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-11-06

I-130 RFE : None

I-130 Approved : 2012-03-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-08

Pay I-864 Bill: 2012-14-09

Email Completed DS-3032: 2012-03-09

Receive IV Bill : 2012-13-09

Pay IV Bill : 2012-14-09

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-25-01

Interview Date : 2013-31-03

Result : Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We need all the facts in order to help you.

How much older is your wife then you are?

Has she been married before?

Has she petitioned anyone else before?

Have you been petitioned by anyone else before?

How many times has she visited you

When was the last time she visited you

How many total days have you spent in person together

How long have you been knowing each other

Did you marry on the first visit?

Does she have children?

Do you have children

Have you ever been married before

Do you have different religions

Did she convert to Islam for you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is a standard refusal for MENA countries, they state they believe your relationship is fake. Typically people try and stop it from returning to USCIS, or wait until USCIS contacts them to re-validate, or re-file. Yes, people overcome this. It won't be simple, it won't be quick, and it won't be cheap, but it's not impossible.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you related to each other (cousins)?

I've read here that in some countries, cousins are allowed to marry each other.

Timeline

I'm a PhD Student in Malaysia, so that's why I did the interview there, the interview went great, until he found that I was in IRAQ studying there, so his face flipped, nevertheless, the age difference is only 3 years between me and my wife, he didn't mention the religion, but his objection after that was on the way we met, and the marriage itself and the visiting ting as the following, our marriage took place in Thailand (since we can't get married in Malaysia due to the religion difference according to the Malaysian laws).

2- We met only once for 40 days, which was when we met for marriage, she never traveled before, and that was another objection for him, I told him that we didn't visit each other due to financial reason (Since I was a student, and she was a student as well, until later on, and that's the initial reason for the 8 months of us submitting the application itself, since she have to have income which is higher than the poverty line by 120%. We were going to meet again, but since we were convincing each other that we are about to get the VISA so soon, so there are no need (since the average time for the visa by our time was something like 8 months), so every now and then we would convince each other that that's it, its close now, we don't have that much of extra money, so we have to spare it for my travel for her over there (the average of our ticket used to be $1800 in the least.

3- Me sending her money, was another question to be raised, but I was telling him that she was trying to catch up, until she did finally (but he considered it as a paid VISA. and for the record she sent money when she had it when she started to catch up.

4- That no one attended our marriage from her side or my side and we didn't have a ceremony (the same financial reason apply here)

5- He didn't look at any of the documents of the bona fied of our relationship, he just asked for the ceremony and marriage pictures, which I didn't have any, since we were together alone there.

To add to all of that, we are 24/7 together online on Skype, even when she is at work now, and she is working now btw, and her income is higher than the poverty line.

Timeline

How much older is your wife then you are? 3 years

Has she been married before? yes

Has she petitioned anyone else before? no

Have you been petitioned by anyone else before? no

How many times has she visited you? 1 time

When was the last time she visited you? July/26th/2011

How many total days have you spent in person together? 40 days

How long have you been knowing each other? since 2008

Did you marry on the first visit? Yes

Does she have children? yes

Do you have children? no

Have you ever been married before? Nope

Do you have different religions? yes

Did she convert to Islam for you ? nope

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm a PhD Student in Malaysia, so that's why I did the interview there, the interview went great, until he found that I was in IRAQ studying there, so his face flipped, nevertheless, the age difference is only 3 years between me and my wife, he didn't mention the religion, but his objection after that was on the way we met, and the marriage itself and the visiting ting as the following, our marriage took place in Thailand (since we can't get married in Malaysia due to the religion difference according to the Malaysian laws).

2- We met only once for 40 days, which was when we met for marriage, she never traveled before, and that was another objection for him, I told him that we didn't visit each other due to financial reason (Since I was a student, and she was a student as well, until later on, and that's the initial reason for the 8 months of us submitting the application itself, since she have to have income which is higher than the poverty line by 120%. We were going to meet again, but since we were convincing each other that we are about to get the VISA so soon, so there are no need (since the average time for the visa by our time was something like 8 months), so every now and then we would convince each other that that's it, its close now, we don't have that much of extra money, so we have to spare it for my travel for her over there (the average of our ticket used to be $1800 in the least.

3- Me sending her money, was another question to be raised, but I was telling him that she was trying to catch up, until she did finally (but he considered it as a paid VISA. and for the record she sent money when she had it when she started to catch up.

4- That no one attended our marriage from her side or my side and we didn't have a ceremony (the same financial reason apply here)

5- He didn't look at any of the documents of the bona fied of our relationship, he just asked for the ceremony and marriage pictures, which I didn't have any, since we were together alone there.

To add to all of that, we are 24/7 together online on Skype, even when she is at work now, and she is working now btw, and her income is higher than the poverty line.

Too many red flags here. Way too many. I hate kicking a man down, but, you should've done your research prior to getting married. Getting married in the first visit, especially when is the first time the USC travels, ever, is a HUGE red flag; enormous. Furthermore, you showed evidence of sending her money. It shows payment for an agreement, not genuine intent. Pictures of only the 2 of you is also a red flag. Looks like someone is trying to hid something. The Consular looked at this as text book immigration fraud.

Has she visited again? She's gonna have to. Good luck.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear all this happened to you < I think the main red flag for the consular was the fact that you have only spent 40 days together and that you have got married as soon as you have met in person. I recommend your wife to try to come to stay with you for a while until your case is sent back to USCIS , I'm not sure if that is possible since she has a job and kids back in US but that is the only solution that I can think of right now.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi

Marriage : 2010-02-09

I-130 Sent : 2012-04-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-11-06

I-130 RFE : None

I-130 Approved : 2012-03-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-08

Pay I-864 Bill: 2012-14-09

Email Completed DS-3032: 2012-03-09

Receive IV Bill : 2012-13-09

Pay IV Bill : 2012-14-09

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-25-01

Interview Date : 2013-31-03

Result : Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

From other posts I've read on this site, it seems to me that your issues are compounded. You're last and only visit was 1.5 years ago, there is no photographic evidence of marriage......the record looks iffy to someone who is charged to look for potential fraud. There are some very knowledgable folks here who will likely have good advice on what you might do. But any way these things can be changed (another visit, etc) seems like the place to start.

Edited by Brc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How much older is your wife then you are? 3 years

Has she been married before? yes

Has she petitioned anyone else before? no

Have you been petitioned by anyone else before? no

How many times has she visited you? 1 time

When was the last time she visited you? July/26th/2011

How many total days have you spent in person together? 40 days

How long have you been knowing each other? since 2008

Did you marry on the first visit? Yes

Does she have children? yes

Do you have children? no

Have you ever been married before? Nope

Do you have different religions? yes

Did she convert to Islam for you ? nope

Wait! She has kids and is divorced? Again, way too many red flags to overcome. You're gonna have to do your homework to overcome all this. Text book fraud in the Consular's eyes. Sorry :(

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

We already booked two tickets to Jordan now, since she had her Tax return now, and since I had been denied, so we have to meet again for sure, but we've sent the embassy an e-mail, and waiting for their reply to confirm if she had to travel to Jordan or to Malaysia to go to another interview if they've accepted that according to what some websites saying.

About the red flags and research, we weren't thinking about the entire VISA thing when we did that, I was even asking her so many times to come and live with me, but she couldn't do it because of her family and so on, and I promise you, if I knew anything about those red flags (which I couldn't find anywhere, we would've did something about it, about the marriage from the first time, as you know we are Muslims, so we can't commit adultery in anyway, shape or form, and that's why we got married!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm a PhD Student in Malaysia, so that's why I did the interview there,

then your flag should be malaysia, not Jordan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.