nunya business

Guys you have got to read this

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just for giggles I went roaming around the USCIS website and found out some interesting things I found out the I 821 d which is the deferred action application they do have to pay a fee but that is not the bad part they are getting processed in less then 3 months while they put use on the back burner to wait 5 to 9 months to be with our love ones. I feel we are getting the raw end of the deal here. They tell us to wait while they process people who have dodged the system for years and give them what they want. It makes not one bit of sense why this is some of us have been waiting longer then others and to be put on the back burner so some "ILLEGAL" can become a "legal" is not only wrong it is putting unnecessary strain on the systems here in the US. Let them wait the same way we are doing. Let them file for every thing just like we did the USCIS is giving them preferential treatment and it needs to end. Contact your congressmen and senators and get this stopped....but they will not do anything because they are getting new votes to keep them in office. I have not been with my Marissa since November now they are saying it will be September before my petition is even started on then 2 months to Manila so almost a year to wait while these "illegals" get pushed to the head of the line. Do you think that is right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 Process to General Immigration as this topic has nothing to do with the K1 visa process ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is definitely NOT right and it is so unfair to us who are doing the right thing. It is so discouraging to know that we are put on the hold so that people who have done things illegaly can be processed so quickly.

I haven't seen my baby since July and wish that this process would speed up. Good luck to us all :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I will contact my Congressman and my Senators, not to tell them that Deferred Action should be stopped but to re-iterate to them how important it is that comprehensive immigration reform is passed this year.

Deferred Action concerns people who were brought to the United States as a child, usually with no say in the matter. In many cases the United States has been the only country they have ever known, and many have gone to school, paid taxes, and are generally just as American as other Americans, only without the piece of paper to prove it. I am sorry that you (and I, actually) have to wait a little longer for our applications to be adjudicated as a result of this, but if you want to blame someone you can blame previous administrations and previous Congresses, who stood by and did nothing while a problem became a bigger and bigger problem as the years went by and was not addressed.

I am sorry that you are separated from your loved one for a time. The love of my life died three years ago and I will never see her again, so it's difficult for me to feel overly sorry for you, especially when you post things like this.

In short: suck it up.

Agreed 100%. Also remember Clinton enacted NAFTA which bankrupted Mexican farmers when we started dumping cheap, US-subsidized corn into their markets. Similar agreements have been made with other Central American countries. So much of this we brought upon ourselves with unfair trading practices and creating economic dependency among our southern neighbor countries.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I will contact my Congressman and my Senators, not to tell them that Deferred Action should be stopped but to re-iterate to them how important it is that comprehensive immigration reform is passed this year.

Deferred Action concerns people who were brought to the United States as a child, usually with no say in the matter. In many cases the United States has been the only country they have ever known, and many have gone to school, paid taxes, and are generally just as American as other Americans, only without the piece of paper to prove it. I am sorry that you (and I, actually) have to wait a little longer for our applications to be adjudicated as a result of this, but if you want to blame someone you can blame previous administrations and previous Congresses, who stood by and did nothing while a problem became a bigger and bigger problem as the years went by and was not addressed.

I am sorry that you are separated from your loved one for a time. The love of my life died three years ago and I will never see her again, so it's difficult for me to feel overly sorry for you, especially when you post things like this.

So what you are saying is it is ok for these illegals to get preferred treatment over US citizens I beg to differ sir and I really don't care if they came here as children or not, they can follow the same procedures as all of us and also how do they pay taxes if they are illegal answer that one, and as for the so called moderator that transferred my topic to nothing to do with the k1 process I think this has alot to to with the process this is why the process takes so long oh and by the why after reading alittle further I found out they can applied to have their fees waived and not pay a dime for the processing.

Don't you feel that these should be done in order anyway? Why should someone who submitted their application on 20 March 2012 have a response before someone who submitted their application on 19 March 2012? Yes, No, Maybe/RFE... The whole thing is screwy. I hate being screwed with.

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

I really don't care if they came here as children or not, they can follow the same procedures as all of us

They have no "procedures" to follow because of the way they were brought here; they have no rights and no status.

and also how do they pay taxes if they are illegal answer that one

Certainly. They simply apply for an ITIN (which requires no proof of immigration status to receive) and pay them using that. Further reading for you: http://www.irs.gov/I...n-Number-(ITIN)

and as for the so called moderator that transferred my topic to nothing to do with the k1 process I think this has alot to to with the process this is why the process takes so long

Deferred Action will likely a few weeks to your case, at the absolute most. It has almost nothing to do with the length of time that the I-129F takes to process.

oh and by the why after reading alittle further I found out they can applied to have their fees waived and not pay a dime for the processing.

This is true of all USCIS forms. In fact, the requirements for a fee waiver for Deferred Action are much more stringent than USCIS' usual requirements. To receive a fee waiver for Deferred Action they must show:

(i) They are under 18; homeless or in foster care; have no parental support, and have an income of less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

(ii) They cannot care for themselves due to suffering from a chronic disability, and their income is less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

(iii) They have incurred at least $25,000 in medical debt for either themselves or an immediate family member within the previous 12 months, and their income is less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

No doubt this is unimportant to you too, but I felt it should be pointed out..

At the end of the day Deferred Action is the least that these people should receive. They deserve a whole lot more but Republicans have been content to stymy the DREAM Act in Congress, preventing them from having a legal pathway to citizenship. Only now are the GOP beginning to realise that they will continue to lose elections until they begin to address the problem, hence the thawing in the waters and the hopes that this year will finally see comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by Congress.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

They have no "procedures" to follow because of the way they were brought here; they have no rights and no status.

Certainly. They simply apply for an ITIN (which requires no proof of immigration status to receive) and pay them using that. Further reading for you: http://www.irs.gov/I...n-Number-(ITIN)

Deferred Action will likely a few weeks to your case, at the absolute most. It has almost nothing to do with the length of time that the I-129F takes to process.

This is true of all USCIS forms. In fact, the requirements for a fee waiver for Deferred Action are much more stringent than USCIS' usual requirements. To receive a fee waiver for Deferred Action they must show:

(i) They are under 18; homeless or in foster care; have no parental support, and have an income of less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

(ii) They cannot care for themselves due to suffering from a chronic disability, and their income is less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

(iii) They have incurred at least $25,000 in medical debt for either themselves or an immediate family member within the previous 12 months, and their income is less than 150% of the poverty guidelines.

No doubt this is unimportant to you too, but I felt it should be pointed out..

At the end of the day Deferred Action is the least that these people should receive. They deserve a whole lot more but Republicans have been content to stymy the DREAM Act in Congress, preventing them from having a legal pathway to citizenship. Only now are the GOP beginning to realize that they will continue to lose elections until they begin to address the problem, hence the thawing in the waters and the hopes that this year will finally see comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by Congress.

You still did not answer the major question "Why are they giving preferential treatment over "natural born" US citizens?" You call uscis and the ask you first if you are applying or applied for the deferred action. Anyone who has called them hears that recording before anything else can happen. You think just because I have only been waiting a month I am whining about waiting I am stating that all of us including you are waiting unnecessarily to be processed while they get process in a third of the time we have waited.

There are people that have been waiting 200 plus days with no end in sight and have the "illegal" get processed before them shows where our government's true priorities lay not with the happiness of its citizens but with the happiness of "illegals" that to me do deserve a change but leave the country and come back in the legal and not on the coat tails of a BS referendum to win votes so the politicians can stay in office.

Given that some of the DREAMers have been waiting for years and, in some cases, decades, I think it's ok that USCIS shift some of their resources in order to try to process this flood of applications they have received.

As I said above, the impact on non-DA applications is going to be a few weeks, at most. You make it sound like everyone will have to wait for months on top of their normal processing times, and this is simply not the case.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Timeline

I agree absolutely! :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Waiting for the process to play out and be with our SO is a small price to pay compared to people who this is the only country they've known & grown in YET have been living in the shadows - while being tagged as "illegal aliens". I commend the president for taking such a bold step where other administrations failed to do anything about it or simply ignored them completely.

To all those crying unfairness... some empathy is necessary here and try living in the shoes of these people just for a day. And guess what...life is not always fair!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Man I'd hate to see you after 60 days have gone by...

12-14-2012 I-130 Submitted
12-17-2012 NOA1
12-21-2012 Touched
03-21-2013 NOA2 (94 days)

05-23-2013 Received at NVC (63 days)

06-10-2013 AoS Invoice Paid

06-12-2013 AoS Delivered

07-03-2013 AoS Approved

06-17-2013 IV Invoice Paid

06-24-2013 IV Delivered

07-17-2013 IV Approved

07-17-2013 NVC Case Complete (54 days)

07-31-2013 Received Interview email (dated 07-30-2013)

09-04-2013 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Man I'd hate to see you after 60 days have gone by...

Then don't look is all I have to say

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Then don't look is all I have to say

True, but if these fools didn't look the forums would be less entertaining. Just ignore them, they can't comprehend what 'Illegal' means and think they can change its meaning to go with their argument. Kinda like Clinton and "is"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.