Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2013

1,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Your case complete is empected after they received the last documents which so even if you send the AOS first and itis approved it just sits there until they receive ur Iv packet. besides you save few $$4$ sending them together. As long as you have gone throu your package very well to avoid an RFE is the most important. Mine took 6 business days from delivery of packages to case complete.

I think that what we're going to do.

We don't have everything ready for the AOS just yet so I was hoping that packet IV would be invoiced around the same time as I would everything ready anyway.

And was also trying to save a little bit of $!

6 days, wow! :yes:

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think that what we're going to do.

We don't have everything ready for the AOS just yet so I was hoping that packet IV would be invoiced around the same time as I would everything ready anyway.

And was also trying to save a little bit of $!

6 days, wow! :yes:

I am glad you were able to make sense out of my typo-filled post. I Just returned from 12hr night shift so my brain, eyes and fingers are not coordinating very well right now LOL.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I sent the DS3032 email version from Saylin's shortcut's link to the NVC last week and both my hubby and I got emails 2 days later and in his it has the DS3032 and instructions and mine has the same but it also has instructions to sign in and pay the 88$ so does this mean my email version of the 3032 was accepted or do I need to send it in again? Thanks :D

that's the 'ds-3032 kit' email referenced at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/ in post #5.

two ships pass in the night - what you've done has no connection to what you've received.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am glad you were able to make sense out of my typo-filled post. I Just returned from 12hr night shift so my brain, eyes and fingers are not coordinating very well right now LOL.

maybe there is something wrong with my brain too then :rofl:

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

that's the 'ds-3032 kit' email referenced at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/ in post #5.

two ships pass in the night - what you've done has no connection to what you've received.

Thanks I thought so too but I wanted to confirm

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Well, I was def expecting to be on hold longer, that was quick and painless for my first time! :blush:

No case number yet, case isn't even showing up in the system. Ah well, will try again tomorrow! :thumbs:

I called again this Am, no case number yet, but confirmed it's there.:thumbs:

85X1m8.png
USCIS (78 Days)
11/06/2012- Filed I-130 through Congressman
11/08/2012- USCIS Received date/ Priority date
11/14/2012- NOA1 Hardcopy sent
01/25/2013- NOA 2: APPROVED Letter sent(on-line verified)

02/01/2013- Hard copy NOA2 received@1406 hrs

NVC (30 Days)
02/04/2013- NVC Received
02/21/2013- NVC Case Number (MNL2013-xx-xxxx)
02/21/2013- Sent DS-3032 emailed
02/25/2013- Received/Paid I-864 Bill
02/26/2013- I-864 Showing
PAID
02/28/2013-Return Completed I-864 and DS-230
03/01/2013- Confirmation of Completed DS-3032
03/01/2013-Received IV Bill

03/06/2013-IV BILL Paid correctly
03/06/2013-CASE COMPLETED AT NVC
03/07/2013-IV BILL SHOWING PAID!
03/12/2013 Completed case sent to US Embassy Manila

Embassy (28 Days)

03/14/2013-Embassy Received
03/19/2013-Medical Completed
04/03/2013-Interview & Result, PASSED!
04/04/2012-CFO
04/10/2013-Visa Issued
04/11/2013-VIsa/Passport picked up@MOA/CFO Sticker/Flight
04/11/2013-POE-Hawaii and HOME!

04/30/2013- Green Card arrived

05/05/2013-State ID issued

4/18/2016 N-400 mailed

Timeline

On hold at NVC, my first time calling, I'm popping my NVC cherry guys! :dance::lol: (Lets see if I get my case number on the first try?)

eeeewewwwwwwwwwwww - take a bath now, wash yer hands twice. Congratulations !

:bonk:

I am calling to see if I have Case Complete yet. Nice spoken lady at NVC last night says back "I see you sent a letter to us and it has been received. Please give us 20 days to review". :bonk:

Father help me! :bonk:

and? what news? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Saylin clarified a lot of my questions but I am still confused about one bit.

So I received what seems to be the NOA2 but I see in all of your signatures that you have one date for NOA 2 and another date for Case Transferred to NVC - my question is - after receiving my NOA 2 - do I expect another letter to tell me that the case was transferred or do I find out the date of the case transfer when I call NVC for my case number?

My plan is the following:

-- Wait for a week (as per Saylin's advice and other people's posts) and the start calling NVC to get the case number

-- Send an email to make myself as the agent and also tell them that they should communicate with me and not the lawyer (that I used to I-130)

Is that all for now? Nothing else to wait for till I call NVC?

USCIS (115 days)
10/05/12 – I-130 Sent (FedEx)
10/09/12 – Received at Chicago Lockbox
10/12/12 – NOA1
01/30/13 – I-130 Approved, received email/text notice
02/04/13 – Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC (50 days)
02/11/13 – Case arrived in NVC
03/01/13 – Received case number, Received IIN, gave email address
03/04/13 – DS-3032 emailed and mailed
03/05/13 – DS-3032 accepted
03/06/13 – AOS (I-864) bill is invoiced and paid
03/06/13 – IV bill invoiced and paid
03/07/13 – AOS bill appears as PAID
03/07/13 – IV bill appears as PAID
03/12/13 – DS-230 form mailed out
03/12/13 – AOS (I-864) package mailed out
03/13/13 – NVC received package
03/25/13 - False checklist email
04/01/13 – Case Complete
04/01/13 – Interview date is assigned
04/01/13 – Received interview package email from NVC
04/01/13 – Case is sent to consulate

Medical/US Consulate/POE
04/15/13 – Scheduled medical
04/18/13 – Picked up medical results
05/09/13 – Interview Date - Approved!!!!!
XX/XX/XX – Picked up Visa
XX/XX/XX – POE
XX/XX/XX – Received welcome letter
XX/XX/XX – Received Green Card

Timeline

I suggest you not send off the letter about the attorney till the fee bills show up in the portal.

Why? The only advantage of having an attorney in this entire process - is that the fee bills show up together , on the same day, within a few days of NVC assigning a Consular CaseFile Number.

Ok I'm so worried my husband when he sent the I-130 to USCIS he wrote a letter telling the story of how we met!!! At the beginning of the letter my husband type a wrong year!! But in the rest of the letter he wrote all the correct dates and years he came visit me!! I'm worried at the embassy they denied my visa for that little mistake in that letter my husband sent back then to the USCIS!!!! I will post here a little bit of the letter and then you guys tell me what you think! If it would be a problem or not!!!

I(name) met my beloved Wife (name) through a social network in June "2012" I served as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Honduras for the period of 2 years! 2007-2009 reason why my wife and I had many friends in common, we started talking for the first time in June 2011 and since that day we have not stopped talking, we formalize our relationship on August 31 2011 and I was able to go to visit her on September 19 2011 and from that moment I knew that she was the right woman for me......

The mistake is at the beginning where he wrote "June 2012" and I was June 2011... If you keep reading you can see that after that he wrote the correct date!! It was just a mistake

Should I worry?????

Nothing to worry about! If they even ask about it, just mention it was a typo. Have a corrected one on hand for the interview, if that makes you feel better.

Hi there, just a quick question, is it ok to send the AOS even if they haven't approved the choice of agent yet?

Our package isn't ready yet, so I might wait for the packet IV to be invoiced (and paid) and then send both packages together.

Do you think that it might be faster for both packages to be reviewed if they're sent together?

The AOS and IV are two separate tracks. They have nothing to do with one another, except that both need to be completed before the case is closed. Please go to the first post and look at the flow chart.

I sent the DS3032 email version from Saylin's shortcut's link to the NVC last week and both my hubby and I got emails 2 days later and in his it has the DS3032 and instructions and mine has the same but it also has instructions to sign in and pay the 88$ so does this mean my email version of the 3032 was accepted or do I need to send it in again? Thanks :D

That's a separate email that's sent whether you emailed the DS-3032 already or not. Please read the FAQ, there's a question/answer on this...

Hi everyone,

Saylin clarified a lot of my questions but I am still confused about one bit.

So I received what seems to be the NOA2 but I see in all of your signatures that you have one date for NOA 2 and another date for Case Transferred to NVC - my question is - after receiving my NOA 2 - do I expect another letter to tell me that the case was transferred or do I find out the date of the case transfer when I call NVC for my case number?

My plan is the following:

-- Wait for a week (as per Saylin's advice and other people's posts) and the start calling NVC to get the case number

-- Send an email to make myself as the agent and also tell them that they should communicate with me and not the lawyer (that I used to I-130)

Is that all for now? Nothing else to wait for till I call NVC?

Some people lately (read the last few pages in the January thread) that have gotten another notice saying the case was sent to NVC. I never got such a letter. You can find out the date by calling USCIS. But, it's not necessary. You can also find out when NVC received the case by calling them up.

Don't send that email about electing yourself as agent until AFTER a case number has been assigned. Otherwise, the email will just get rejected because you need to include the case number in the subject line/body of the email.

Timeline

anxious, you say?

call into NVC, ask for AOS FEE BILL to be sent out via email.

or

Check the NVC payment portal, see what you can see.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks I thought so too but I wanted to confirm

Hami, have you been invoiced your AOS bill?? I guess our timeline will be a lil bit different since I'm doing EP, but either way I'm keeping an eye on urs :blush:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

anxious, you say?

call into NVC, ask for AOS FEE BILL to be sent out via email.

or

Check the NVC payment portal, see what you can see.

I called an hour ago, before checking my email...the guy said they are in the process of switching over to EP and after that they will invoice you, but can I demand it? lol, INVOICE ME MY BILLS!!! :angry::angry:

Oh and I can't sign on to the payment portal :(

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

alright so this week it is!!!!!!!!!! no more tha friday for a favorable response.

Yes indeed time to get this party started.

I will wait until friday. Man I should get a NVC badge or something.

Come on supervisor Gus. Don't fail me now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.