topaz75

Why send pictures

35 posts in this topic

I am wondering about why so many people send pictures for the I571. The instructions for that form explicitly list various forms of evidence, but do not name pictures, and I don't really see what pictures prove.

I did not include any in my package, and was just wondering if there are others that did the same, and whether they had any issues with that. I sent tons of evidence, tax transcripts, lease, deed for the house, insurance policies, car loan, bank statements, affidavits so I feel i am covered. Just wondering where the information comes from that pictures are necessary or helpful.

Topaz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the pictures can prove. pictures of your wedding, pictures of your birthdays, pictures of your friends, pictures of your family,pictures of your trips.pictures togather different times and places,it's secondery evidence,it helps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

people think to send photos because they not have the primary evidence of financial co-mingling.

<EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Kill them with everything Ihave to ensure no RFE or delays.. Better to ask why not send them.. hows normal life together, vacatons, family gatherings and alike.. Easy simple evidence to add to the file.... Just makes sense to me....

I am wondering about why so many people send pictures for the I571. The instructions for that form explicitly list various forms of evidence, but do not name pictures, and I don't really see what pictures prove.

I did not include any in my package, and was just wondering if there are others that did the same, and whether they had any issues with that. I sent tons of evidence, tax transcripts, lease, deed for the house, insurance policies, car loan, bank statements, affidavits so I feel i am covered. Just wondering where the information comes from that pictures are necessary or helpful.

Topaz

No idea. I provided an A4 sheet with a load of pictures for my initial application for adjustment of status. For removing conditions I didn't include pictures. I also didn't include a cover letter, it isnt requested. My evidence was a birth certificate for my daughter. I think a child is good enough evidence of a bone fide marriage. :whistle: People get too paranoid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I didn't send any photos. Mostly because I loathe being photographed and over the past 3 years we have about 5 photos together (not counting from the wedding). There's about 5,000 photos of my wife though, whistling.gif , but I don't think USCIS cares about that...

the pictures can prove. pictures of your wedding, pictures of your birthdays, pictures of your friends, pictures of your family,pictures of your trips.pictures togather different times and places,it's secondery evidence,it helps

All pictures prove is that someone, somewhere has pressed a button to take them.

One of the easiest evidences to manufacture, by the way.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

I understand what you're saying about being easy to fake, but there's certainly ways to avoid that. I sent in a half dozen pictures but they were all taken in different, recognizable places: the Little League World Series, the Grand Canyon, New Orleans, her hometown in Taiwan. It would be a pretty elaborate and costly hoax that involved flying to so many places just to take a picture for a fake marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am not sure if the pictures made a huge difference in my husband's ROC, but we did send around 18 pictures, taken from the time after our wedding all the way to right before we filed for ROC. We included piictures from trips taken and photos with family & friends. It was just an extra that we included, simply to cover all our bases.

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

No idea. I provided an A4 sheet with a load of pictures for my initial application for adjustment of status. For removing conditions I didn't include pictures. I also didn't include a cover letter, it isnt requested. My evidence was a birth certificate for my daughter. I think a child is good enough evidence of a bone fide marriage. :whistle: People get too paranoid.

Your ONLY evidence was the birth certificate? Have you been approved?

:time:

**Edit - I included pictures. They give a face to the evidence. I was approved without RFE or interview for both ROC and AOS.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Been preparing ours - I work on it about once a month. Similar to my original evidence I am building a timeline of the relationship over the two years, especially travel and holidays. I included pictures for the timeline and other paperwork such as boarding passes, etc. Nothing elaborate, I just pull over one pic and stick it in the word doc with the timeline... I make sure the pic shows something that matches the timeline: IE: for Christmas the family was in Park City so I had a picture opening presents with members of the family and the mountains covered in white in the background..

The other paperwork of financial commingling will also be there. Pretty simple deal, I am trying to convey that we are co-habituating, spending time together, and that the marriage is real. When they have a face and a story it humanizes the process and it can help put them on your side... Or they may roll their eyes and throw the timeline/pics out and approve on the rest. My feelings will not be hurt either way just as long as they approve it.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Topaz

I never sent photos. All three of our family members filing got their conditions lifted without RFEs or an interview. In fact, I sent ONE photo with the I-129f, I gave FOUR photos at the K-1 interview and never submitted another photo of any kind for any reason (except passport type photos of applicants). I also never used a personal affidavit.

We sent evidence of financial co-mingling (NOT utility bills) medical records, insurance records, school records for Alla and the children ALL showing both as emergency contacts and "parents"

All of this was "3rd party" evidence, nothing we created ourselves (such as photos and affidavits) and copies of official documents (drivers licenses, etc) to show a common address.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Your ONLY evidence was the birth certificate? Have you been approved?

:time:

**Edit - I included pictures. They give a face to the evidence. I was approved without RFE or interview for both ROC and AOS.

Not as yet, I just turned in the forms. I'll update my status along with everyone else! I write grants for another government agency and I know how irritating it is to the readers of such grants when people add superfluous stuff. The reason they provide a form is to standardize the process. I imagine cover letters go straight in the trash (or back of the file). No one wants to spend their limited time reading a shaggy dog story...

I would assume that the 751 is in the same file as the initial adjustment of status. If you had no red flags at that point I doubt much evidence is needed. I suspect the problem is for people who raised red flags initially, then you will need lots of evidence.

But who knows, I'd find it amusing if my new baby daughter :) isn't proof enough that my wife and I have a real marriage. I know my wife would be entertained :P

Timeline

Not as yet, I just turned in the forms. I'll update my status along with everyone else! I write grants for another government agency and I know how irritating it is to the readers of such grants when people add superfluous stuff. The reason they provide a form is to standardize the process. I imagine cover letters go straight in the trash (or back of the file). No one wants to spend their limited time reading a shaggy dog story...

I would assume that the 751 is in the same file as the initial adjustment of status. If you had no red flags at that point I doubt much evidence is needed. I suspect the problem is for people who raised red flags initially, then you will need lots of evidence.

But who knows, I'd find it amusing if my new baby daughter :) isn't proof enough that my wife and I have a real marriage. I know my wife would be entertained :P

Okay, I highly doubt it will be enough. The baby is proof your wife had sex, the birth cert proves you claim it as your own, it doesn't prove it's yours (and i'm not being offensive when I say this, just telling you how it is). It's a positive factor but not enough. People have children all the time with no commitment so it doesn't prove commitment. You will also need evidence of co-mingling. I suggest you start preparing for your RFE if the birth cert is all you sent. Tax transcripts, bank statements, joint bills, copies of your licenses/ID showing joint address etc.

Otherwise you're right, the cover letter I wrote was simply a contents list as a checklist for myself more than anything. I'm sure it got tossed out. I included superfluous information maybe, who knows really but I was approved without RFE or interview in a reasonable timeframe for the period I filed so it worked for me!

Best of luck for the process.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I think I sent photos mainly to show off laughing.gif We had a lot of good evidence, and I doubt anyone at USCIS cares that much about our pictures, but I'm just so proud of them luv.gif

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.