JOE & AI

i give up on noa2

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i give up on waiting for the noa2. its been 6 months and 4 days of waiting. its so frustrating for waiting, like it will not come anymore. we dont know whats going with uscis. its not making since the july filer that behind our filing date is approved already but us did not hear anything... so depressed and frustrated. i think i will not wait for that noa2 anymore.whose july filer there that same noa1 with us... :crying:

You will see you are nowhere near being alone. VSC is at less than 50% done with July filers according to VJs site information. Again, this is just a rough measuring stick since it is only as good as what we the VJ people put into it. If I was a betting man, I would say you should be hearing something no later than end of February. But that is just my opinion.

My link

All the best, stay positive and stay patient.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do NOT give up. Remind yourself why you are going through this process.

We were approved Friday night, it was day 199, just one day short of joining the '200 club'. I was freaking out a lot in the beginning of the process, when Vermont's processing time started to get slower and slower. But it wasn't productive and there is nothing to do about it anyways. I prepared everything to be ready once we got our approval. The only thing left to do is for my fiance to send the affidavit of support and for me to get the medical done. Have you started looking into what you will need after getting approved?

I also had a look at my group on uscis.gov. Filers with the same receipt date as ours started to get approved in mid-December. That got my hopes up but by January 24th, only 11 out of about 65 filers had not heard anything yet, me being one of them. All the others had either been approved or got RFEs. For me that was a reason to ask for a service request. My fiance was able to get them to put one in when he called and said that he knows people who filed on and after our date who had gotten approved. Then two weeks later he sent an email to the Vermont Service Center National Customer Service Center (NCSC) Follow Up Team to inquire about our case status. That was on Thursday, Friday night he received the approval email. No idea if it actually helped or if it's just a coincidence, but I recommend you ask your fiance to put in a service request too.

Other than that, try to do things that you know will be difficult once you are in the States. Spend time with your family and with friends, visit places that are special to you, maybe make a trip that you have always wanted to make but never got around to, eat special foods from your country/region that will be hard to get in the States etc. Keep busy, sitting around and having time to think too much can be really bad, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

And always remember those who have been waiting so much longer than you. I hope you guys will get your approval soon. Good luck!

Edited by Jaguarete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i give up on waiting for the noa2. its been 6 months and 4 days of waiting. its so frustrating for waiting, like it will not come anymore. we dont know whats going with uscis. its not making since the july filer that behind our filing date is approved already but us did not hear anything... so depressed and frustrated. i think i will not wait for that noa2 anymore.whose july filer there that same noa1 with us... :crying:

I filled in june and still waiting on noa2 almost 8 months now... it is really sad and depressing i feel like im going crazy

Hi!!! I've been in the same stage, i understand your frustration but thats not gonna help at all just think positive and always look at the bright side. Believe me it is really worth to wait when you are in each others arms. My husband ( fiance back then ) he almost give up and loosen hope , we got approved after 4 and half mos waiting (k1) we were so happy that it didnt take that long but things happened after my medical cuz i have to do sputum test and waited 2 mos fir the result, that was the time the he almost give up and so was i, but we just prayed chat everday, he cheered me up and i did the same thing to him, untill the result came and thank god it was negative. Then, interview for VISA i was so confident to get approve and be with my husband finally, but you cant predict whats gonna happened, i wasn't approve the consul need something from my husband a hand written letter explaining about the situation which is none of their bussiness at all, not related of what we applying or filed. Anyway, 3 weeks after interviewed got my visa on hand. At this moment i am still dealing this waiting stage but in another category. My advise to you is never ever give up, cheer each other up, always look at the bright side, dont ever let your partners down. Goodluck girl....

Edited by liraC

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Let me humbly suggest that perhaps you meant surrender instead of give up. There is nothing more powerful we can do than surrender and turn it over to a higher power.

All the best...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok, well are you serious on giving up? lemme tell you something.. I got a baby who needs a surgery and we need to go to states but they denied our expedite request.. we did everything already, we ask help from Congress, Senator, Ombudsman, and Infopass.. No luck at all.. I am a MARCH FILER , and I AM NOT GIVING UP!... Just dont think how long you are waiting , but think how far you had accomplished waiting this far..I know its frustrating, I am with you .. I am a tough woman! and my inspiration is my spouse who is fighting also to get me and my son in the states.. So hang in there.. you will get the approval soon!

I wish I could hug you and your!

Good luck honey!

Giovanna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We were July filers (after a frustrating delay of 2 months before that) and my now-husband got his appointment letter on Valentine's day last year. Yeah, the wait sucks. Whine about it here but DO NOT whine about it to your beloved--it can make that person feel like s/he not worth waiting for, which is exactly what is being said in the opening post.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Has it been over 60 days yet?

We just filed a service request on January 16, 2013. The request should goes with the USCIS timeline past your date of NOA1 or they will ignore service request. We filed service request last December and my hubby asked them what happened to that, they answered it was disregarded since they were still processing May 22. we filed again and we are expecting an answer in 60 days. Another waiting time. Hopefully we will hear something before March, as it also happens to people in VJ. Service request answer is just to pacify people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We just filed a service request on January 16, 2013. The request should goes with the USCIS timeline past your date of NOA1 or they will ignore service request. We filed service request last December and my hubby asked them what happened to that, they answered it was disregarded since they were still processing May 22. we filed again and we are expecting an answer in 60 days. Another waiting time. Hopefully we will hear something before March, as it also happens to people in VJ. Service request answer is just to pacify people.

The reason I ask about the 60 or 90 day letter that they send out, is to find out from others if they actually do give an answer in that time frame or not. My 90 days is almost up, and I'm going to freak out if they tell me to wait another 60-90 days after already saying they would have a decision in 90 days from the letter I got.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't give up yet... It will come...

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

thank you so much for all of you, who give time to comment to my post and encourage me. thank you for all your advice..im triying to be strong now. but then again i still feel so down. everyday were expecting for the noa2 to come but we just end disappointing. last night i cry cos we got a little argument with my fiancee about this matter. its not easy to wait. i know there are some who wait also like me. we try also to do a service request but then they did not allow us or they say some lied words, can you suggest something that we can do that might help. thank you for all of you..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.