JTB11

Age gap - Education level difference K1

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Also, see here:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11685/0-0-0-11691.html

The adjudicators field manual section 25.1(g)(2) states:

(2) Assigning Fraud Levels . [section (g)(2) updated 06-20-2006]

If an interview is deemed necessary, the case is sent to the Service Center's Adjudications Unit and given to an adjudicator to assign a fraud level. The fraud levels of A, B, and C are assigned to the I-751 based on the documentation submitted with the application. If the adjudicator is fully satisfied that the case is approvable, then a fraud level of C is assigned. If the adjudicator is less than fully satisfied, but still feels that (based on the information available at the time) the case can be approved, then a fraud level of B is assigned. If the adjudicator has serious concerns about the approvability of the case and/or wants the applicant and the spouse to be interviewed, then the case would be assign ed a fraud level of A.

· Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level C. If you assign a fraud level C, it means that there are no technical problems (signatures, missing information, lack of evidence, etc.) and you think the case is approvable (no interview necessary). All required supporting documents are attached and there is no indication of fraud that can be identified in the documents or through the biographic data of the parties involved.

· Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level B. Fraud level B cases are those cases which have no technical problems that need correction and have the minimum number of proper supporting documents, but there is something, or an absence of something (which you may or may not be able to articulate) that creates suspicion about the bona fides of the marriage, the veracity of the evidence, etc. The reasons for suspicion are so varied that a concise list cannot be made. An example would be where the I-751 is supported by t he minimum required number of documents, however the documents are all of recent origin. Remember, though, that a level B case will be approved if the computer randomly does not assign the case to an interview slot, so do not assign a fraud level B if the application and /or supporting documents are insufficient to approve the case.

· Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level A. Fraud level A should be assigned when the adjudicator strongly suspects fraud. Reasons fraud level A might be assigned include:

- the petitioner fails to sign the form;

- there is insufficient evidence;

- a large age difference exists between the spouses;

- the married couple is not living together;

- a prior I-751 was denied;

- the petition was filed untimely without a good reason for being late; or

- any other reasons as the service center director may determine.

Note: The service center adjudicator must indicate when fraud is suspected, rather than a technical omission, to alert the Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Immigration Officer at the District Office.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Best of luck and happy wishes in you're all of your relationships.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Age and education made no difference in my case. My future wife (28 days before our wedding!!!) is 12 years younger and never finished HS. She has been in the US now since November and will start her English classes tomorrow and will GED during the summer. Neither CIS, Embassy in Colombia nor CBP Officer at the airport didn't question any of it.

Hi all,

Me and my fiance are patiently waiting for our NOA2 hoping all will go well. However I am a huge worrier and keep reading up on stuff that could potentially go wrong so I don't pass out at the interview if something does (I am joking but you get the idea).

So...our situation is as follows - he is 8 years younger than me (people can't tell though so I am hoping our pictures will be helpful) so gap 1 and also he never finished high school while I got my Masters degree. Is this really a huge deal ? I mean we love each other, I never cared about his educational level - he is the smartest person I have ever met but having read stuff on here ...it seems that this could potentially be a problem ? I am going crazy - it is not like there is much we can do about age gap or educational gap - not like he can quickly get a university degree just to satisfy the requirements. Would us providing affidavits from his parents and my parents to the effect that they approve of our relationship and know about it would make any difference ?

I know we did not even get our NOA2 and I was fine until I started reading about potential issues ....again. So now I am worried ...again !

thanks for any input

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we had 15 yrs gap too and I cant see anything that can stop the relationship, as long as the love grows each day... were still waiing for noa2 :(

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Me and my fiance are patiently waiting for our NOA2 hoping all will go well. However I am a huge worrier and keep reading up on stuff that could potentially go wrong so I don't pass out at the interview if something does (I am joking but you get the idea).

So...our situation is as follows - he is 8 years younger than me (people can't tell though so I am hoping our pictures will be helpful) so gap 1 and also he never finished high school while I got my Masters degree. Is this really a huge deal ? I mean we love each other, I never cared about his educational level - he is the smartest person I have ever met but having read stuff on here ...it seems that this could potentially be a problem ? I am going crazy - it is not like there is much we can do about age gap or educational gap - not like he can quickly get a university degree just to satisfy the requirements. Would us providing affidavits from his parents and my parents to the effect that they approve of our relationship and know about it would make any difference ?

I know we did not even get our NOA2 and I was fine until I started reading about potential issues ....again. So now I am worried ...again !

thanks for any input

It seems your worries are already put at ease, but just wanted to add another positive story for you. I am 8 years older than my husband. It made no difference at all. :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband and I went through Amman with CR1, I am 21 years older, it wasn't an issue. If he is Muslim, the bigger issue with the consulate in Amman will be that "dating" isn't allowed before marriage, so you will be asked what his family thinks and feels about this. Best of luck, I really miss Jordan, I am hoping we will be able to get back for a visit this year.

I'm praying for the best ... Also miss Jordan - don't think i will be going back until his interview ... The family deal is going to be a tough one but we will overcome that obstacle in time - just counting the minutes till our NOA2 . how is your husband adjusting ? Is life here in the states what he thought it would be ??

Regards ,

jLSBMF

event.png

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2013 is closed to further comments. The most recent poster should read the many dozens of threads about age-differences, including this now-closed thread.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.