sarah86

Been 6 months and 3 days since NOA1, should I start calling some people??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

As my topic states, my petition has been in the system for exactly six months and 3 days now.

Should I call my senator or the USCIS people and start asking questions or should I give them a week or so from

the six month mark to send me the NOA2? technically I would give them a week and a half. I dont want to wait anymore :(

Oh n I havent gotten any notices pertaining to any alien registration numbers or anything else either.

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between January 14, 2013 and January 21, 2013*.

Hang in there a little longer

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Hi...it looks like VSC is processing June and some July dates, so you should be hearing something soon. I just received my NOA2 yesterday after 5 1/2 months at CSC, which had been processing more quickly than VSC, but has slowed down significantly in the past few months. I called them right at the 5 month mark, and was told I was still within normal processing time. Last week, I went to my congressman's office and they sent an inquiry on my behalf. I received a reply from them a few days ago, basically stating the same thing...I was within normal processing time, try again in a month. Then, yesterday I was approved!!! I don't know if it's coincidence, or if the inquiry brought attention to my petition...but I would say, it's worth a shot to get your congressman involved! It definitely can't hurt, and in my case, it seems to have helped!!! I am still in shock, I thought I'd be waiting at least another month! Good luck...I hope you hear something soon!

Timeline

Hi...it looks like VSC is processing June and some July dates, so you should be hearing something soon. I just received my NOA2 yesterday after 5 1/2 months at CSC, which had been processing more quickly than VSC, but has slowed down significantly in the past few months. I called them right at the 5 month mark, and was told I was still within normal processing time. Last week, I went to my congressman's office and they sent an inquiry on my behalf. I received a reply from them a few days ago, basically stating the same thing...I was within normal processing time, try again in a month. Then, yesterday I was approved!!! I don't know if it's coincidence, or if the inquiry brought attention to my petition...but I would say, it's worth a shot to get your congressman involved! It definitely can't hurt, and in my case, it seems to have helped!!! I am still in shock, I thought I'd be waiting at least another month! Good luck...I hope you hear something soon!

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Im glad you got your case moving along, hope we hear of the great news of approved visa soon as well :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Im glad you got your case moving along, hope we hear of the great news of approved visa soon as well :)

My NOA1 was July 13th as well and I just got a response yesterday. Hopefully yours is close.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Noa1 was july 30th and after 5months 16days I have not heard anything from them and as iam posting this my fiancee is on the phone about to call the USCIS. I am glad u brought this congressman topic i guess we will try that too and see whats in store for us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

last 2 days ago, they're processing september 23 and yesterday it moved back to july. it's crazy. everyone will need to have a lot of patience i know, but the slow process is making me or and lot more be very inpatient about that. 150+ days for initial review? oh my.

I am writing my congresswoman as we speak. If it was true that they were processing September 23 dates a couple of days ago, I should have received mine already, which I haven't. I don't know if writing my congresswoman will help but it can't hurt to try, I'm so over being part of this broken system!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

My NOA1 was received by USCIS VSC on JUNE 20th.... almost 7 months ago. Still no response. I think someone just lost my documents. I have called USCIS several times and they keep telling me it is within normal processing times but it seems like everyone on this site who filed before me has gotten their NOA2. It is very disappointing.

Timeline

My NOA1 was received by USCIS VSC on JUNE 20th.... almost 7 months ago. Still no response. I think someone just lost my documents. I have called USCIS several times and they keep telling me it is within normal processing times but it seems like everyone on this site who filed before me has gotten their NOA2. It is very disappointing.

have you tried getting your senator's office involved? I dont think extremely out of range, Ive seen timelines where people have waited upto just about a year to get their NOA2s but who knows why they waited. Normal range is 6 months so call the senator and explain to him/her your situation and see what happens.

Good luck,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi guys,

As my topic states, my petition has been in the system for exactly six months and 3 days now.

Should I call my senator or the USCIS people and start asking questions or should I give them a week or so from

the six month mark to send me the NOA2? technically I would give them a week and a half. I dont want to wait anymore :(

Oh n I havent gotten any notices pertaining to any alien registration numbers or anything else either.

Hang in there my NOA1 is July 9 at Vermont and Im still waiting our time will come... I thought about calling but they will only tell us we are still in normal processing time seeing the website says June 4.... Patience is the key i guess...good luck :bonk:

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

can someone explain me how can you contact your senator? how does it work. please

Find your state's U.S. senator here http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Go to their website and they should have something about contacting them when needing help with dealing with a federal agency. Explain to them your issue. They will respond back with some forms which will allow them to make a service request on your behalf.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.