Conor<3Maresa

would it be possible to expedite the K1 visa?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey!

im about to file the I-129f and i am just wondering if i would get accepted to get the visa expedited. my fiancee lives in torreon mexico, its the number 7 most dangerous city in the world and her safety worries me. she hasn't had any encounters yet but we know several people that have had problems. I would like to visit her more but my safety also is a problem when i visit her. there are gun fights quite often and i dont want her or me to be at risk. I would like to know if this is a legitimate reason to get the visa expedited.

also when i send the I-129F packet how would i request to get it expedited? or do i request it after they have accepted it and i receive the case number? i would like to do it as smooth as possible.

i look forward to hearing what you guys think and receiving help in any way. thanks you all and best luck to all of you in your visa journey!!!

-Conor

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-06-10

NVC Received : 2013-06-25

NVC Left : 2013-06-25

Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-09

Interview Date : 2013-07-18

Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-07-25

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT

Date Filed : 2014-07-15

NOA Date : 2014-07-17

Maresa & Conor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think this is under the wrong catagory but:

First of all.. Since you have'nt even Filed yet you do not exist in any frame to USCIS..

After you File and get a NOA1 then make your request.

Thats my thought.

Good Luck.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

I think this is under the wrong catagory but:

First of all.. Since you have'nt even Filed yet you do not exist in any frame to USCIS..

After you File and get a NOA1 then make your request.

Thats my thought.

Good Luck.

i know i saw that after i posted it, sorry. im new so im still trying to get the hang of things. but thanks for the comment.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-06-10

NVC Received : 2013-06-25

NVC Left : 2013-06-25

Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-09

Interview Date : 2013-07-18

Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-07-25

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT

Date Filed : 2014-07-15

NOA Date : 2014-07-17

Maresa & Conor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No. Based on this your case will not be expedited. Sorry. And for visiting, is there a safer place where you two can meet? Expedited cases are usually for people who are in the military deploying from my understanding of threads I've read. I pray your visa journey goes smoothly and that your fiancee remains safe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~Duplicate post merged~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi, ti can be possible,your from a very dangerous place if you feel your life is in danger yes write a emotional hardship letter to expedite your 1-129f,write... the way it is in mexico that you fear for your family an you killings,gangs,drug cartels,carjacking i'm scared to traval any place,highway robberys,many kidnapping and disapperaances,through out mexico i dont feel safe it has affected me emotionaly please this is extreme hardship for me...try putting togather a letter that you fear for your life, good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No this is not grounds for expedite. there are people who live in war torn countries who do not qualify for expedite. For example, one of my very good friend's husband is from Damascus,Syria, Syria is embroiled in a vicious civil war, hundreds and thousands of innocent people being killed on a daily basis, they can't even leave their homes. He didn't qualify for expedite for his I-130 or CR-1 process. It is by far A LOT more dangerous than your girlfriend's situation. USCIS doesn't care if you don;t feel safe about visiting, meet in another city where it is, or don;t visit at all.

hi, ti can be possible,your from a very dangerous place if you feel your life is in danger yes write a emotional hardship letter to expedite your 1-129f,write... the way it is in mexico that you fear for your family an you killings,gangs,drug cartels,carjacking i'm scared to traval any place,highway robberys,many kidnapping and disapperaances,through out mexico i dont feel safe it has affected me emotionaly please this is extreme hardship for me...try putting togather a letter that you fear for your life, good luck

if he doesn;t feel safe visiting, he doesn;t have to. This is not grounds for an expedite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has she thought about moving to somewhere else in Mexico?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

By all means, you can try to have your case expedited. The worst that could happen, would be that it is denied, which I feel that it will. My fiance also lives in Mexico, and I lived there with him for a year and a half, so I know firsthand what goes on there. It is very scary, but taking the correct precautions, risks are less. In the eyes of USCIS, this is not an emergency, but merely an inconvenience. When evaluating the request for expedition, they want to see true emergencies, where time is crucial. Examples of that would be military deployment (being the most common reason), a medical emergency (such as a major operation or prolonged treatments for things such as cancer and so forth), or actual PROOF of personal threats (not just what "could" happen, but proof that it HAS or WILL happen). The reason these standards are set by USCIS, is for the fact that all of us could write them sob stories of how our separation is affecting us and the many scenarios that might happen, and it would not give USCIS adequate times to correctly and fairly process everyone's application submitted. They would spend numerous hours, just reading our pleas for expedition which would in turn back the entire process up for many more months or years of waiting, for all. Again, this is your own personal choice, if you want to submit the expedite request. But I would not get my hopes up or make any plans. Good luck in your journey!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

HOLA, YO TAMBIÉN SOY DE TORREÓN Y AUN CUANDO LA SITUACIÓN ES DIFÍCIL MI PROMETIDO HA VENIDO A VERME A TORREÓN TRES VECES Y UNA EN MONTERREY QUE TAMBIÉN ES UNA CIUDAD PROBLEMÁTICA, NO CREO QUE SE PUEDA AGILIZAR EL TRÁMITE. YO ENTIENDO QUE AL IGUAL QUE TODOS NOSOTROS, USTEDES QUIEREN ESTAR JUNTOS PRONTO, TENGAN MUCHA FE Y CONFIANZA EN QUE SALDRÁN ADELANTE. BENDICIONES.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

HOLA, YO TAMBIÉN SOY DE TORREÓN Y AUN CUANDO LA SITUACIÓN ES DIFÍCIL MI PROMETIDO HA VENIDO A VERME A TORREÓN TRES VECES Y UNA EN MONTERREY QUE TAMBIÉN ES UNA CIUDAD PROBLEMÁTICA, NO CREO QUE SE PUEDA AGILIZAR EL TRÁMITE. YO ENTIENDO QUE AL IGUAL QUE TODOS NOSOTROS, USTEDES QUIEREN ESTAR JUNTOS PRONTO, TENGAN MUCHA FE Y CONFIANZA EN QUE SALDRÁN ADELANTE. BENDICIONES.

As its not in English like it should be, here is a translation for those of us that don't understand Spanish.

Hi I'm from TORREÓN and although the situation is difficult My fiance came to see me to Torreon THREE TIMES AND ALSO IN MONTERREY IS A CITY PROBLEM, NOT think you can expedite the process. I understand that like all of us, YOU WANT TO BE TOGETHER SOON, have great faith and confidence that will thrive. BLESSINGS.

Edited by LORIEandPHIL

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.