Bad_Daddy

Denny's owner plans 'Obamacare surcharge'

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Say, will they accept your food stamps at Denny's? Can you use food stamps to pay the health care surcharge? Just trying to get the welfare king perspective on this issue.

No, dammit. But with the money I save with food stamps and $147 per month insurance...no co-pays or deductibles, I will be eating at Luenig's, Windjammer, Ice House and the Blue Paddle Cafe. Heck we may even buy some $98 round trip tickets to NYC and enjoy a dinner in Manhattan once a month. The co-pay on my insulin alone would cover the whole weekend! Thanks!

You sound very angry with the system. Why do you hate people on welfare? Are you a Republican?

Let me know how it is at Denny's, they have that special $2 menu don't they?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yay Florida ! Go Florida !

I want to see ads for GEICO medical insurance with a cute talking lizard...or hot Ukrainian chick.

Check in with Alla's agent soonish - it could happen !

I think it'd be mondo cool, as well...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Some businesses have tried this in SF when they passed their healthcare law. I've noticed that its gone out of favor quickly as customers complained and revenue dropped. It was also dishonest in that many businesses were collecting far more money than they were contributing to healthcare. There are still a handful of restaurants that charge it...mostly touristy areas where customers don't know any better.

Timeline

I would assume those "side effects" you mentioned are good no?

As you support the party which fights so hard to provide even more opportunities for teat sucking in american.

I know, right? And I am not feeling the love at all :crying:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for a personal attack, along with one quoting. further instances will receive admin action.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Some businesses have tried this in SF when they passed their healthcare law. I've noticed that its gone out of favor quickly as customers complained and revenue dropped. It was also dishonest in that many businesses were collecting far more money than they were contributing to healthcare. There are still a handful of restaurants that charge it...mostly touristy areas where customers don't know any better.

Or maybe people don't like paying for other people's healthcare? :unsure: Mr. Big Dog does not like to. If the stupid tourists are from Florida then maybe the Florida guy will get away with it. You never know, it was Florida where the people all voted for Bush by mistake.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yay Florida ! Go Florida !

Check in with Alla's agent soonish - it could happen !

I think it'd be mondo cool, as well...

Maybe, she has done several ads for Nationwide Insurance. Hmmmm. She seems to be past the "HOT BIKINI MODEL" stage (that's a judgement error!) and usually fills the role of the serious business type woman for ads for insurance companies, rental car companies, hotel chains, etc. I think a hot woman with a Russian accent would top out the talking lizard with that "nails on a chalkboard" accent any day.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Maybe, she has done several ads for Nationwide Insurance. Hmmmm. She seems to be past the "HOT BIKINI MODEL" stage (that's a judgement error!) and usually fills the role of the serious business type woman for ads for insurance companies, rental car companies, hotel chains, etc. I think a hot woman with a Russian accent would top out the talking lizard with that "nails on a chalkboard" accent any day.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is such a fallacy in the arguments of all these employers who claim that compliance with Obamacare will force them to cut jobs or hours. These requirements will affect not just these individual businesses or brands but also their competition. Yes, I am sure that prices will reflect this increased cost but all employers will be forced to do this and so it should have zero effect on market share. When you buy your Whopper, Big-mac, or whatever, you SHOULD be paying for the health-care plan of the employee who prepared and served it. Otherwise you are dumping those costs on society or, worse, saying that those employees should not be given health care! It is just more RWN noise!

Timeline

There is such a fallacy in the arguments of all these employers who claim that compliance with Obamacare will force them to cut jobs or hours. These requirements will affect not just these individual businesses or brands but also their competition. Yes, I am sure that prices will reflect this increased cost but all employers will be forced to do this and so it should have zero effect on market share. When you buy your Whopper, Big-mac, or whatever, you SHOULD be paying for the health-care plan of the employee who prepared and served it. Otherwise you are dumping those costs on society or, worse, saying that those employees should not be given health care! It is just more RWN noise!

I don't think it is a matter of market share. It rains on both sides of the ball, so to speak. This is simply a matter of a person making a statement. "THIS COSTS YOU" it is true and should be shown to everyone. But the whole concept is to conceal the cost, a hidden tax, just like withholding tax. If everyone had to write a check for income tax on April 15th, this gamesmanship would STOP. You will be paying not only for YOUR health insurance but for everyone else's. Now you may pay for that now, maybe not (depends on whether the employer offers insurance) but I see no problem with everyone adding the surcharge as a seprate line item on the bill. Why not?

Why would you be against delineating the cost? I am not arguing the concept of public funded health insurance, and neither is this owner, just saying he is going to show everyone the price tag. What's the problem?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Or maybe people don't like paying for other people's healthcare? :unsure: Mr. Big Dog does not like to. If the stupid tourists are from Florida then maybe the Florida guy will get away with it. You never know, it was Florida where the people all voted for Bush by mistake.

Rather they dislike being defrauded. SF restaurants who charged surcharges between 3-5% were shown to be utilizing only 60% of the fees for healthcare and were pocketing the rest. I suspect that is also the intentions of this man.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rather they dislike being defrauded. SF restaurants who charged surcharges between 3-5% were shown to be utilizing only 60% of the fees for healthcare and were pocketing the rest. I suspect that is also the intentions of this man.

Say it ain't so! A company profiteering from lies and deceit? What is the world coming to?

Timeline

This is what happens when you want to pay for something by taxing someone else! Teh someone else wants something for the trouble of collecting the government's money. What's new? Apply a $1 tax to every drink and see if the price doesn't go up $1.50.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Say it ain't so! A company profiteering from lies and deceit? What is the world coming to?

Sure and the government hands them the excuse. Tax them.

You cannot tax businesses, they simply pass the tax along and since they are a for profit business they add a mark up to it. Who is surprised?

What about businesses that increase profits by hiring illegals? How do you feel about that Steven?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

This is what happens when you want to pay for something by taxing someone else! Teh someone else wants something for the trouble of collecting the government's money. What's new? Apply a $1 tax to every drink and see if the price doesn't go up $1.50.

As I said before, it happens...but then customers go elsewhere until the 1.50 is dropped or at least minimized. Demand determines prices.