Bad_Daddy

Denny's owner plans 'Obamacare surcharge'

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Every time Congress talks about raising the minimum wage, companies (big chain restaurants in particular) complain that they'll have to raise the prices on their menu. These chains are known for only paying their employees minimum wage and offering little to no benefits. In fact, they are the main culprits of why over 40 million working Americans have no health insurance.

That or just hire illegals and pay them less than minimum wage and circumvent Obamacare to boot.

Kip, for being pro-union, you sure don't understand that this is the same kinds of tactics/arguments made by companies that oppose union wages or even raising the minimum wage.

How do you feel about employers that exploit illegals for profit?

Do you believe illegals raise the bar for wages and benefits?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

How much would a 'family plan' of 50 or more employees cost per employee? I'm thinking the crappiest health insurance will be between $50 to $60 per employee a month.

So a 40 hours per week employee would get a $12.50 to $15 wage increase per week, or a 32 to 38 cents per hour raise. Is this really that crushing?

How do you feel about employers that exploit illegals for profit?

Source?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

How much would a 'family plan' of 50 or more employees cost per employee? I'm thinking the crappiest health insurance will be between $50 to $60 per employee a month.

So a 40 hours per week employee would get a $12.50 to $15 wage increase per week, or a 32 to 38 cents per hour raise. Is this really that crushing?

x50 = $750 per week from the owner's pocket. $39,000 per year. Yeah, he probably won't notice. No not crushing at all. So if it is added as a surcharge on your bill, you won't mind, probably won't notice it. Right?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

x50 = $750 per week from the owner's pocket. $39,000 per year. Yeah, he probably won't notice. No not crushing at all. So if it is added as a surcharge on your bill, you won't mind, probably won't notice it. Right?

The cost for the healthcare mandate exists in a vacuum and no other production factors raise the cost of a bad meal at Denny's right? And being the likely fabulously wealthy of many chain resteraunts across several States is an indicator this jack-hole didn't generate this 'news' as a political stunt, right?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

On an after tax basis and spread over thousands of customers, probably not.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

So then there are two ways out of this: close the loopholes where employers can manipulate hours to get around offering health care benefits or admit that the employer sponsored health insurance model has failed and decouple health insurance from employment altogether.

Bingo.. I don't think health care was a huge problem in this country until everyone offered health insurance and Insurance, managed care really fubared it up and added cost.

I grew up the son of a small town doctor in the 60 and 70's. I know that when you use to go in the hospital 90% of employees provided health care and 10% did other stuff. I think it's reversed now.

Source?

Your kidding. A health plan that cost 60 dollars a month. BAWWWAWWAWAWA

Any of you that are thinking you can get any health plan fort

that kind of change are smoking weed. Maybe a supplemental cancer policy or dental.

No. *Im* not kidding. bawbababababababababab

Ok sorry your not kidding, your just don't have a clue

Timeline

On an after tax basis and spread over thousands of customers, probably not.

Then you are in favor of the surcharge and agree with me. :thumbs:

Ok sorry your not kidding, your just don't have a clue

It is not a conspiracy, some people really are that stupid.

Any of you that are thinking you can get any health plan fort

that kind of change are smoking weed. Maybe a supplemental cancer policy or dental.

I am going to be paying $147 per month for medicaid! (Medicaid is damn good insurance though, about the best) I currently pay more than $1200 per month for premiums and co-pays for a family plan.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Bingo.. I don't think health care was a huge problem in this country until everyone offered health insurance and Insurance, managed care really fubared it up and added cost.

I grew up the son of a small town doctor in the 60 and 70's. I know that when you use to go in the hospital 90% of employees provided health care and 10% did other stuff. I think it's reversed now.

I have been saying to disconnect it from employment about forever. This is what should have been done first.

1. Tort reform to eliminate lawsuits except for strict liability and negligence

2. Disconnet from employment, require the amounts currently spent for premiums be transferred to employees as payment

3. Allow employees to buy health insurance they way they buy car or home insurance.

I want to see ads for GEICO medical insurance with a cute talking lizard...or hot Ukrainian chick.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla