Osita1900

Immigration officers visit

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I overstayed my tourist visa, married in 2008, filed paperwork in May 2011

First interview October 2011, second interview March 2012, Officers visit our home April 2012

First interview went very smooth (together my husband and myself), second one was a nightmare for my husband who was interviewed for 4 hours and then me for probably 30 min.

When they arrived home I didn't let them in as my husband told me if somebody ever shows up at home to call him first, so I did finally after many questions from the officers they were standing at the porch as of when was the last time he was at home or he slept at home, and my neighbors hearing as we lived in an apartment complex, finally with my husband permission I let them in, they asked me to show them our closet, I did, they also checked my kids closets (have two kids from previous relationship never married before), the even checked our dirty laundry basket, in the meantime my husband was on his way home, as he has spent the night taking care of his mother who is terminally ill. I explained that to the officers that my husband is taking care of my mother in law, as there's nobody else to do it for him, I was definetely confused, and officer told me that it was a Tuesday but it was a Wednesday. When my husband was asked as of when was the last night he stayed home he was more confused than the officer and myself as he hadn't had any sleeep for the last nights anyhow he arrived home and they did the same tour with him, he has gained 100 lbs weight since we got married and we have a lot of clothes in the closet that no longer fit him also clothes that don't fit me either as I collect them to send them overseas for the needy but they never asked me, they asked my husband, he also showed them his clothes including the clothes he used for the last interview offer to show them pictures that have been taken a long the years that could prove his weight gain and that are in the closet but they didn't care to see them. Finally they pulled him over to one of my boys room and told them that they believe that was a scam and my husband told me them that they have seen oour home, our private belongings and that there was nothing else to show them, they finally left and apologize for the rudeness of their visit at first. A week after the officer that interviewed us call my husband on his cell and told him that he liked him and wanted to give him another chance to tell them the truth before this gets any worse. Also mentioned and address that according to them my husband used years ago when he bought a car in 2008 (car thaat my in laws gave to him as a present) he registered in at a relatives address just to save on paying taxes, I wasn't aware of it until my husband mentioned the address so I started thinking what it could be and finally came to my mind about the car registration. Since then we hire a lawyer who sent a 5lb package of evidence and no answer until now. Any thoughts about it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what happened to 1st interview that lead to second interview???

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Based on what you've written hear, your story sounds suspicious. I can understand why they are investigating you. It also sounds as if they know something else about you or your husband, that's why they asked your husband to come clean. There must be more to this story.

How old are your 2 kids? Did they travel with you to the states?

I'm not accusing you, just giving my thoughts as you asked.

Based on what you've written hear, your story sounds suspicious. I can understand why they are investigating you. It also sounds as if they know something else about you or your husband, that's why they asked your husband to come clean. There must be more to this story.

How old are your 2 kids? Did they travel with you to the states?

I'm not accusing you, just giving my thoughts as you asked.

I was single when I came to this country and my kids were 7 and 5 (never married the father of my kids) when I got married, my husband has credit problems and officer brought that up, recovered from bad life and devoted to God's life this days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from Introducing Members to AOS from Tourist Visa for more answers ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

wow it seems like they really dont believe your relationship is legit! I dont know what advice to give you but it is strange that the day that they show up your husband didnt spend the night there that alone mustve raised all kind of suspicion . If your relationship is truthful and honest then just let time run its course. Im afraid theyre is a long road ahead of you!

June, 1996: EWI from Honduras and been here ever since !
April , 2001: American born father filed I-130
May 22 , 2012 : Lawyer sent AOS
June 10, 2012 : checks cashed
June 11, 2012 : NOA's arrived
June 13, 2012 : Biometrics appointment arrived for July 5th
June 19, 2012: Succesful walk-in at Bellflower,ca office
July 25, 2012 : First card production ordered text/email
July 30, 2012 : second card production ordered text/email
July 30 ,2012 : Third text/email approval notice sent
July 31,2012 : Fourth text/email usps reported it picked up email
Aug 2, 2012 : Fifth email USPS has delivered your new card at address on file
Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

May 6,2013 : Recieved email I-485 approved

May 10,2013: card document production ordered/ received Welcome letter

May 16,2013: Received Green Card in Mail!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We don't know as it went pretty smooth and no wird questions at all, regular stuff when did we met, our address, birthday nothing out of the ordinary that we could think of

So you don't get any decision on the day of your interview??? Did IO told you if they need further review etc???

what do u think that lead them to invite u to 2nd interview???

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Were you in removal when you filed ?

You should provide answers to members if you are seeking any help here.

I am sure there are other factors that lead them to your home.

married in 2008, filed paperwork in May 2011 > Why waited so long to file AOS?

You're keeping old clothes(clothes before gaining 100 lbs) but not the ones you use currently?

Any red flags like big age diff, diff countries/races, previous marriages etc.

When you enquired recently, what status it shows?

Pls explain

Good Luck !

AOS (from H1-B) Timeline:

Day1 -- 09/23/2012 - 130, 485, 765 AOS package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day4 -- 09/26/2012 - Emails/texts acceptance confirmation in evening :-)

Day5 -- 09/27/2012 - Checks Cached

Day12-- 10/01/2012 - Received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765

Day16-- 10/12/2012 - Received Biometrics Appointment(appointment for 10/24/2012)

Day16 - 10/12/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Refused

Day20 - 10/16/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Successful :)

Day33 - 10/29/2012 - EAD card Production Ordered-Pleasant surprise :)

Day37 - 11/02/2012 - EAD Card received - WoW !

Day40 - 11/05/2012 - Interview letter for Dec 4 date - The BIG Day !

Day70 - 12/04/2012 - Interview done. Pray to GOD!

Day95 - 12/28/2012 - Letter for 2nd Interview in Feb

Were you in removal when you filed ?

Hi thanks for helping with answers.

We have all the clothes in our closet, the new ones, the old ones everything was there.

No, I was not in removal proceedings at all

Neither one of us have been married before, first marriage for both of us, I am 44 now and he is 49 so no big differences in age at all.

Not an idea about why the second interview either, at the end of our first interview everything look so normal the questions and everything was normal didn't last more than 30 minutes, so my husband asked the officer when we'll we know about their answer and they say that they will send it by mail and that was it.

5 months after we got a letter for a second interview and as everything seem regular we went to the interview taking with us the extra evidence they asked for, such as transcriptions of our tax records.

We waited that long to file the papers because my husband had some medical problems that we were taking care of and finally when he was OK we file the papers as we didn't have to worry about his health anymore. Sorry for taking so long on answering but I was checking it for a few hours but after seeing no responses I thought I had to wait more

Thank you for your time and effort on helping me

Hi thanks for helping with answers.

We have all the clothes in our closet, the new ones, the old ones everything was there.

No, I was not in removal proceedings at all

Neither one of us have been married before, first marriage for both of us, I am 44 now and he is 49 so no big differences in age at all.

Not an idea about why the second interview either, at the end of our first interview everything look so normal the questions and everything was normal didn't last more than 30 minutes, so my husband asked the officer when we'll we know about their answer and they say that they will send it by mail and that was it.

5 months after we got a letter for a second interview and as everything seem regular we went to the interview taking with us the extra evidence they asked for, such as transcriptions of our tax records.

We waited that long to file the papers because my husband had some medical problems that we were taking care of and finally when he was OK we file the papers as we didn't have to worry about his health anymore. Sorry for taking so long on answering but I was checking it for a few hours but after seeing no responses I thought I had to wait more

Thank you for your time and effort on helping me

I am shocked to hear they go to this extent. This is almost the category of "disgusting"! I mean, no matter how much you are suspicious of one's marriage, going over to their house, going through their closet, their laundry basket and have them explain why one gained lots of weight etc. Come on! I could start eating McDonald's right now for every meal and probably by my December 3rd interview I will be nothing like the gal who I was in July when I married my now husband, and certainly nothing like who I was when he met me five years ago! This is INSANE!!! I'm surprised they didn't ask you to pull out an undie from the laundry basket and try it on front of them to see if it fits you at all, or maybe another woman's undie is in your laundry basket....I mean, seriously? I feel they can do whatever they want and can be as humiliating as they can be if for some reason they are suspicious about a marriage. This is crazy! I wish both of you the best, and lots of strength to your husband taking care of his mother. I also wish minimum pain and sufferings for his mom.

Good luck with everything in life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Besides those that raise issues they do random checks on files maybe you got choosen for one and you had enough issues that raised their suspecions.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

wow it seems like they really dont believe your relationship is legit! I dont know what advice to give you but it is strange that the day that they show up your husband didnt spend the night there that alone mustve raised all kind of suspicion . If your relationship is truthful and honest then just let time run its course. Im afraid theyre is a long road ahead of you!

I guess not, otherwise I might have received an answer by now right. I don't see nothing wrong with my husband staying on his mom side while she is dying because that is exactly what we are going thru right now I would do the same for mine if that were the case, and we were able to get medical records from my mother in law to prove to them that we didn't make up an story it might seem odd but it's hte truth, my husband has no brothers or sisters, my mother in law has only him to take care of her. Thanks

I am shocked to hear they go to this extent. This is almost the category of "disgusting"! I mean, no matter how much you are suspicious of one's marriage, going over to their house, going through their closet, their laundry basket and have them explain why one gained lots of weight etc. Come on! I could start eating McDonald's right now for every meal and probably by my December 3rd interview I will be nothing like the gal who I was in July when I married my now husband, and certainly nothing like who I was when he met me five years ago! This is INSANE!!! I'm surprised they didn't ask you to pull out an undie from the laundry basket and try it on front of them to see if it fits you at all, or maybe another woman's undie is in your laundry basket....I mean, seriously? I feel they can do whatever they want and can be as humiliating as they can be if for some reason they are suspicious about a marriage. This is crazy! I wish both of you the best, and lots of strength to your husband taking care of his mother. I also wish minimum pain and sufferings for his mom.

Good luck with everything in life!

You got it right it is disgusting, emabarrasing, humiliating, they made me open my kids underwear drawer, closet and I felt so horrible I was so glad they were at school when all this happened, my husband ended up showing them my kids underwear anyhow I will keep you posted as of what happens next

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.