Osita1900

Immigration officers visit

112 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Size 18w because of my mom I bought beautiful dresses for her and they are hanging in my closet but the IO'S never asked about them neither pay attention to them.

This would sound reasonable except in your original post you said "clothes that don't fit me either as I collect them to send them overseas for the needy"

If you have inconsistencies like this they may be honest, but it still looks shady.

Filed: Timeline

I don't know of any legitimate bill collectors that make house calls, everything is done by mail or internet. Who does your husband have all of this debt with?

Dresses were for your Mom, so she is in the states also?

4 hours for an interview with an officer with no fingers is a long time, let alone one that types with two. I type with two fingers, so I know how that goes, I'm fairly quick.

Years ago we had a collection lady showed up in my door and as I wasn't aware of these practices here, she told me she was looking for my husband hd some papers to deliver and that I wouldn't like my neighbors to hear what she has to say, and as she was a female I let her in and signed whatever she had for my husband and those papers that I singed make my husband go to court for oustanding debts, and my husband told me that if I wouldn't have signed them he didn't have to go to court; he has broken leases, medical bills (most of his bills are medical)

My mom lives in South America, and I always buy whatever is on sale and send them to her when a close friend travels there.

You are right 4 hours is an awful long time I was falling sleep on the waiting room, per muy husband he was loosign his patience too becasue of how slow the officer was and asking the same questions all over again and reading answers back to him as he wrote. Other than that I don't know as I said I was interviewed for a short period of time.

Thanks

Years ago we had a collection lady showed up in my door and as I wasn't aware of these practices here, she told me she was looking for my husband hd some papers to deliver and that I wouldn't like my neighbors to hear what she has to say, and as she was a female I let her in and signed whatever she had for my husband and those papers that I singed make my husband go to court for oustanding debts, and my husband told me that if I wouldn't have signed them he didn't have to go to court; he has broken leases, medical bills (most of his bills are medical)

My mom lives in South America, and I always buy whatever is on sale and send them to her when a close friend travels there.

You are right 4 hours is an awful long time I was falling sleep on the waiting room, per muy husband he was loosign his patience too becasue of how slow the officer was and asking the same questions all over again and reading answers back to him as he wrote. Other than that I don't know as I said I was interviewed for a short period of time.

Thanks

That would have been an officer of the court that showed up at your house, not a bill collector. She was serving a court appearance notice for your husband. What your husband said about not signing those papers does not speak well for his character.

Have you had any in depth conversations with your husband about the content of the 4 hour interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish you'll get positive result from DHS....be strong and have faith that everything will be alright plus consult a a very good Immigration lawyer to follow up about your case....God bless

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Thanks

The officer would only ask the same question over and over again if there was concern over the answer or there was something contridictory. The questioner is not the problem, the answerer is.

And a bill collector on a credit card or medical bills would not show up, but someone that had a secured interest might show up (like a car, tractor, construction equipment for example). I would try to get my equipment back if I was the secured creditor. Or if fraud was a possibility, I would show up. In any event the next persom might be a sheriff, so be prepared.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

That would have been an officer of the court that showed up at your house, not a bill collector. She was serving a court appearance notice for your husband. What your husband said about not signing those papers does not speak well for his character.

Have you had any in depth conversations with your husband about the content of the 4 hour interview?

The lady was wearing civil clothes not a uniform.

Yes, he told me that he was asked about how did we met, when, about birthdays, when did he propose, food we ate, I guess normal questions. Officer brought up my husband's financial situation about his debts I mean as it looks the officer had his credit report on hand, and he asked him if he has tried to settle them and to be honest with you we had, my in laws offer to help with that at the time I signed those papers, we got into an arrangement were his big debt will be reduced and we will pay it all they had to do is to send the proposal by mail and we'll send payment in but when we got it, it was nothing like what we talked about on the phone and we have been going back and forth since then and no getting to a final agreement they want the full amount; I believe that if you owe somebody you have to pay no matter what but he is so stubborn and doesn't want to do it, he says that at 7 years it will dissapear from his credit report and because they want 5 times of what his original debt was he won't give them nothing. As you said this might give the wrong impression in front of the officers of anybody but as he says he works very hard to earn every single dollar and he is not going to give it to these people for granted.

I wish you'll get positive result from DHS....be strong and have faith that everything will be alright plus consult a a very good Immigration lawyer to follow up about your case....God bless

Hi, thanks I have faith that things have to turn right as I don't feel we are doing anything wrong, we just want to be together and have a happy life. Even though he might have bad credit, owe everybody in this world doesn't mean that he can't be happy andhave a new start.

Yes, and we hire a lawyer since the home visit. Thanks for your kind words

Filed: Other Timeline

As an only child yself I can see him having the responsibility of caring for mom , its expensive for an aide at nites, however

is there any medical records to show them for mom what he's now going thru with her? There is a much eaisier way to

check these things, as a field agent I would call the house at 5:am and ask for spouse, if they're not in at that time I'd

do so a few days later (if the persons work day jobs) all that digging thru dirty laundry is rude & intimidating. If the marriage is real

keep the faith dont despair.

As an only child yself I can see him having the responsibility of caring for mom , its expensive for an aide at nites, however

is there any medical records to show them for mom what he's now going thru with her? There is a much eaisier way to

check these things, as a field agent I would call the house at 5:am and ask for spouse, if they're not in at that time I'd

do so a few days later (if the persons work day jobs) all that digging thru dirty laundry is rude & intimidating. If the marriage is real

keep the faith dont despair.

Yes, that's what the lawyer sent them proof of my mother in law condition about how sick she is, she is almost on her last days.

Yes, I have faith that things will be GOOD I am doing the right thing and God knows

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, thanks I have faith that things have to turn right as I don't feel we are doing anything wrong, we just want to be together and have a happy life. Even though he might have bad credit, owe everybody in this world doesn't mean that he can't be happy andhave a new start.

Yes, and we hire a lawyer since the home visit. Thanks for your kind words

my husband had bad credit too he owe a lot actually but it never brought up to the interview..

we'll i guess it also depends on the IO...its case to case basis...

Just hang on if your marriage is real there's no way that it cant be solved....

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My immediate reaction, as an outsider with no more information that what's written here of course, is that this is situation with many red flags, and I can see why USCIS is investigating more closely. Another thought that immediately popped into my mind is that the husband is hiding something. His actions just don't pass the smell test for me.

2010-04-15: Married!

2010-05-07: Physical Done by Civil Surgeon

2012-05-10: I-130 & I-485 Sent to USCIS

2012-05-11 (Day 01): FedEx Delivery Notification Email Received

2012-05-25 (Day 14): Checks Cashed

2012-05-30 (Day 19): NOA Hard Copies Received

2012-06-04 (Day 25): Biometric Appointment Notice Received

2012-06-08 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment in Charleston, SC Completed Successfully

2012-06-18 (Day 39): RFE Notification Received via Text :(

2012-07-03 (Day 54): Requested Evidence Sent to National Benefits Center Via Registered Mail

2012-07-09 (Day 60): Update Text Received; Requested Evidence Received at National Benefits Center

2012-07-26 (Day 77): Update Text Received; I-131 & I-765 Approved! Card Production Ordered.

2012-08-01 (Day 83): Update Text Received; EAD Mailed

2012-08-03 (Day 85): EAD In Hand!

2012-09-19 (Day 132): Update Text Received; Interview Scheduled for October 22, 2012.

2012-10-22 (Day 165): Approved on the Spot!

2012-10-25 (Day 168): Update Text Received; Green Card Production Ordered

2012-10-29 (Day 172): Green Card In Hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My immediate reaction, as an outsider with no more information that what's written here of course, is that this is situation with many red flags, and I can see why USCIS is investigating more closely. Another thought that immediately popped into my mind is that the husband is hiding something. His actions just don't pass the smell test for me.

A quick addition to my previous post. I'm in no way accusing you or your husband. I'm just saying I understand why USCIS thinks it should look a little deeper. I don't know that there's ever a call for invading someone's underwear drawer, however.

2010-04-15: Married!

2010-05-07: Physical Done by Civil Surgeon

2012-05-10: I-130 & I-485 Sent to USCIS

2012-05-11 (Day 01): FedEx Delivery Notification Email Received

2012-05-25 (Day 14): Checks Cashed

2012-05-30 (Day 19): NOA Hard Copies Received

2012-06-04 (Day 25): Biometric Appointment Notice Received

2012-06-08 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment in Charleston, SC Completed Successfully

2012-06-18 (Day 39): RFE Notification Received via Text :(

2012-07-03 (Day 54): Requested Evidence Sent to National Benefits Center Via Registered Mail

2012-07-09 (Day 60): Update Text Received; Requested Evidence Received at National Benefits Center

2012-07-26 (Day 77): Update Text Received; I-131 & I-765 Approved! Card Production Ordered.

2012-08-01 (Day 83): Update Text Received; EAD Mailed

2012-08-03 (Day 85): EAD In Hand!

2012-09-19 (Day 132): Update Text Received; Interview Scheduled for October 22, 2012.

2012-10-22 (Day 165): Approved on the Spot!

2012-10-25 (Day 168): Update Text Received; Green Card Production Ordered

2012-10-29 (Day 172): Green Card In Hand!

I wanna advice you, it sounds that during the 4 hrs interview , your husband screwed up, and he is not telling you the whole picture.you need to consider the worst, the issue now that they suspect a fraud marriage, so they might deny the case. I recommend you to have an honest chat with your husband, Maybe they think, since your husband is in so much debts, that you paid him to got you a GC. I don't understand why your husband, if he is in such a situation, doesn't file a bankruptcy, what pride has to do with that. Moreover, you need to find a good immigration lawyer better than the one that you went for. take this issue serious, and as I told you always consider the worst.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: Other Timeline

To add to what I said B4, these ppl can be intimidating to some ppl, dont says he's not a good person if he has bad credit,

its seems a lot of holy ones are here,...now she came here for answers...give her the honest truth but lighten up on being so

brutal, she just may be telling the whole truth as she knows it. I read B4 another case like this & wife said I believe my husband

he has no bad past it must be a mistake, so many told her the husband was lying blah blah. This week she got approval, the man had done nothing wrong at the interxiew, consulate called them back...... Lighten up..OP go over questions with your husband

ask him if anything in the past he forget to tell you,dont let this begin to put a riff in your marriage, if you have a church home speak to your pastor...good luck

To add to what I said B4, these ppl can be intimidating to some ppl, dont says he's not a good person if he has bad credit,

its seems a lot of holy ones are here,...now she came here for answers...give her the honest truth but lighten up on being so

brutal, she just may be telling the whole truth as she knows it. I read B4 another case like this & wife said I believe my husband

he has no bad past it must be a mistake, so many told her the husband was lying blah blah. This week she got approval, the man had done nothing wrong at the interxiew, consulate called them back...... Lighten up..OP go over questions with your husband

ask him if anything in the past he forget to tell you,dont let this begin to put a riff in your marriage, if you have a church home speak to your pastor...good luck

Thank you for your kind words, I just don't know what else to do other than wait, our lawyer said that if no answers alL he can do is write to Immigration and ask about the status of the case and they reply only if they want but they don't have to. Lawyer ask us both if we had something that we need to tell him so he can be prepared for the worse, and to be honest with you we don't, he is a retired militar. Your words are greatly appreciated. God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.