che234

Question about self filing ROC

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i want to ask about self filing of ROC. I'm still married with my husband but our marriage is not healthy anymore.

I am always stress because he's very controlling and complaining. My question is if i file for divorce next year like 1 year and 3 months of marriage do you think i will get denied on my ROC if i file?

We have a joint account but when i tried to open him that i wanted to have my own account too now that i got a job he wanted me to remove on his account. I explained why i wanted to my own account i want to get ready for my future but it doesn't mean i won't contribute to my bills. He bought me a car but then now that i got a job he told me i need to pay for it which is about $345/month.

I really didn't expect it , he told me it's his gift for me but was wrong. I told him that if i just know that i will be the one who will pay for it then i'd rather buy a 2nd hand cheaper car than the car i have that way i won't pay that much. I am paying my dental bill , TV and Internet bill the rest his the one paying for it. In short we share house bill. I can't take it anymore , he doesn't want me to go out and make friends even to girls he wanted me to just focus on him which sucks. I am so stress thinking about this and i am getting information about self filing of ROC so if ever atleast i am ready for all the docs that i need.

Is there any possibility that i will get denied?? And what should i do? Advice please..

Edited by timchen

Filed: Timeline

Hello i want to ask about self filing of ROC. I'm still married with my husband but our marriage is not healthy anymore.

I am always stress because he's very controlling and complaining. My question is if i file for divorce next year like 1 year and 3 months of marriage do you think i will get denied on my ROC if i file?

We have a joint account but when i tried to open him that i wanted to have my own account too now that i got a job he wanted me to remove on his account. I explained why i wanted to my own account i want to get ready for my future but it doesn't mean i won't contribute to my bills. He bought me a car but then now that i got a job he told me i need to pay for it which is about $345/month.

I really didn't expect it , he told me it's his gift for me but was wrong. I told him that if i just know that i will be the one who will pay for it then i'd rather buy a 2nd hand cheaper car than the car i have that way i won't pay that much. I am paying my dental bill , TV and Internet bill the rest his the one paying for it. In short we share house bill. I can't take it anymore , he doesn't want me to go out and make friends even to girls he wanted me to just focus on him which sucks. I am so stress thinking about this and i am getting information about self filing of ROC so if ever atleast i am ready for all the docs that i need.

Is there any possibility that i will get denied?? And what should i do? Advice please..

I see, the old what is yours is ours but what is mine is mine. Poor Guy.

Anyways, you can self ROC after divorce as long as you can prove that you entered the marriage in good faith, have proof of joint stuff, blah blah blah

Timeline

I see, the old what is yours is ours but what is mine is mine. Poor Guy.

Anyways, you can self ROC after divorce as long as you can prove that you entered the marriage in good faith, have proof of joint stuff, blah blah blah

Yeah thats why i'm stress , he's very concern about what he owns and everything even it will ruin our rel too bad and i cant take it anymore.

About joint he will remove me on his account that is my problem , do you think its a big deal if i file my ROC??

Yeah thats why i'm stress , he's very concern about what he owns and everything even it will ruin our rel too bad and i cant take it anymore.

About joint he will remove me on his account that is my problem , do you think its a big deal if i file my ROC??

First, he cannot stop you from opening your own bank account. Second, he also cannot stop you from taking all the money out of the joint bank account anbd third he cannot just close the account but he too can take all the money out.

I don't know if the marriage is worth saving, but I would try to explain all this to him and see what his reaction is. You can file for ROC at the 90 days before your 2 year GC anniversary date or after the divorce is final--which ever comes first. All you have to do is prove that you entered the marriage in good faith, made an attempt, and had to get a divorce due to the way your husband is acting. Try to obtain as much documentation as you can like canceled checks for the bills you have paid, joint accounts, you as a beneficiary on his medical or employer benefits from marriage to the current date. It is doable and he cannot stop you and have you deported.

I wish you well,

Dave

Timeline

First, he cannot stop you from opening your own bank account. Second, he also cannot stop you from taking all the money out of the joint bank account anbd third he cannot just close the account but he too can take all the money out.

I don't know if the marriage is worth saving, but I would try to explain all this to him and see what his reaction is. You can file for ROC at the 90 days before your 2 year GC anniversary date or after the divorce is final--which ever comes first. All you have to do is prove that you entered the marriage in good faith, made an attempt, and had to get a divorce due to the way your husband is acting. Try to obtain as much documentation as you can like canceled checks for the bills you have paid, joint accounts, you as a beneficiary on his medical or employer benefits from marriage to the current date. It is doable and he cannot stop you and have you deported.

I wish you well,

Dave

Thats the thing that i don't really understand why it is necessary to remove me on his account. I never use my atm card since i got it :-/ coz i don't like spending his money.

All i want is to open my own account so i can put some of my savings there aside to the money that i want to put in our joint account. About the insurance i don't have it too. We applied for it after we got married and until now we didn't received any notice from the insurance company so i am not the beneficiary yet :( He will remove me to his joint the time i will open my own account. What if i can't provide docs like joint account and insurance do you think it will result to denial of ROC? If once i get my divorce decree can i file the ROC even not 90 days of my GC anniversary or do i need to wait? I really can't take it anymore he's money is much more important than me. I just want him to know that i am not into his property or anything :-/

Edited by timchen

Filed: Timeline

Your timeline says that you are at the AOS stage and not removing conditions. Which is it?

OP is thinking about ROC, she already has AOS.

This shows the archiles (sp) heel of the timeline and why it should always be taken with a grain of salt, IMHO. In computer speak "garbage in, garbage out".

Thats the thing that i don't really understand why it is necessary to remove me on his account. I never use my atm card since i got it :-/ coz i don't like spending his money.

All i want is to open my own account so i can put some of my savings there aside to the money that i want to put in our joint account. About the insurance i don't have it too. We applied for it after we got married and until now we didn't received any notice from the insurance company so i am not the beneficiary yet :( He will remove me to his joint the time i will open my own account. What if i can't provide docs like joint account and insurance do you think it will result to denial of ROC? If once i get my divorce decree can i file the ROC even not 90 days of my GC anniversary or do i need to wait? I really can't take it anymore he's money is much more important than me. I just want him to know that i am not into his property or anything :-/

You must file for ROC EITHER 90 days before the GC expires OR right after the divorce is finalized which ever occurrs FIRST. As long as you entered the marriage in good faith and can show and/or explain his behavior as to the resaon for you filing for divorce your ROC will be approved. He cannot remove you from the joint account without you being present. All he can do is reduce the account balance to zero, or the minimum. Both of my parents are on a checking account with me. I have to take in their death certificates to show why they cannot sign the account closing form. Banks have all kinds of rules and regulations regarding joint accounts. A joint account allows both to depsoit money and withdrawal money so in that sense it is an "OR" but both parties must agree when changes to the account are made that is the "AND" part. I would get copies of the joint bank account statements to show that you at least tried.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are from the Philippines. You cannot file for divorce, he needs to file, otherwise you will never be able to file for an annulment in the Philippines.

Timeline

Your timeline says that you are at the AOS stage and not removing conditions. Which is it?

I am asking this because i will file a divorce soon i get all the info and docs about self filling of ROC.

I just want to make sure i don't wanna messed up with my status while im going to file a divorce.

You must file for ROC EITHER 90 days before the GC expires OR right after the divorce is finalized which ever occurrs FIRST. As long as you entered the marriage in good faith and can show and/or explain his behavior as to the resaon for you filing for divorce your ROC will be approved. He cannot remove you from the joint account without you being present. All he can do is reduce the account balance to zero, or the minimum. Both of my parents are on a checking account with me. I have to take in their death certificates to show why they cannot sign the account closing form. Banks have all kinds of rules and regulations regarding joint accounts. A joint account allows both to depsoit money and withdrawal money so in that sense it is an "OR" but both parties must agree when changes to the account are made that is the "AND" part. I would get copies of the joint bank account statements to show that you at least tried.

Good luck,

Dave

Dave thank you ii really appreciate your reply. He would get mad if i won't follow his order so i will just agree though i really don't want too. It's hard he's greedy his thinking that i will withdraw his money duuuh thats why he wanted me to remove from his account. I will tell the consul about his attitude and i will surely will. For now what i am doing is gather all the information. So it's fine if i will my ROC right after i get my divorce decree even it's not 90 days of my GC anniversary yet? What else do i need to gather in order to prove that i enter the marriage in good faith? Do i need my husband signature for this?

Timeline

Goodluck to you:-)

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You do not want him in the new bank account that you want to open. Why should he keep you in the other joint account? You also say you are planning to file a divorce, so why are you worried about having a joint account with him? Divorced couples do not run around with joint accounts.

What Gowon meant was, in simple terms, that what belongs to your husband belongs to both of you, but what belongs to you belongs to you alone.

Regarding ROC, you will have to file on your own, without his support. You can file any time after the divorce is finalized, but before the expiry date on your GC. If the divorce happens before the 90 days preceding the expiry date of your current GC, you do not have to wait, you can file the ROC right away, I think.

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Timeline

Responses above.

If your relationship doesn't make you happy, then leave. Don't make your decision because you want to keep your greencard or want a better chance of keeping it. That's fraud.

if i just want a greencard then why would i file divorce then? I entered my marriage in good faith god knows about that. But when i get here it changed.

He doesn't want me to go out even with ladies friends. Everytime we have a misunderstanding he always say " don't use that i'm the one who bought that. I used my money for that blah blah "

Why would he say like that to me?? I am not physically hurt but emotionally. I tried to hold on but i just really can't take it anymore.

He just want me to stay inside the house like him sit in living room watch black and white tv shows. Geez i want a life i don't want to be a figurin waiting for the day to be done.

If I was a CO this would throw up a redflag, OP is hell bent on using him to as far as she can be sure to get a GC, :rolleyes: but already knows she will divorce. Was it real

Read my post above besides you really don't know what im going through :)

You do not want him in the new bank account that you want to open. Why should he keep you in the other joint account? You also say you are planning to file a divorce, so why are you worried about having a joint account with him? Divorced couples do not run around with joint accounts.

What Gowon meant was, in simple terms, that what belongs to your husband belongs to both of you, but what belongs to you belongs to you alone.

Regarding ROC, you will have to file on your own, without his support. You can file any time after the divorce is finalized, but before the expiry date on your GC. If the divorce happens before the 90 days preceding the expiry date of your current GC, you do not have to wait, you can file the ROC right away, I think.

I don't see any problem about opening a new account besides i will still put $ to our joint account. The thing that i don't understand is that why he doesn't want me to do that. I am not worried about the joint i am pissed off because i am open for the bills yet he doesn't want me to open my own account in my name. Most of my friends have their joint account and their husband agreed on that. He wanted me to be broke so i will quit my job and just stay in the house whole day. Do you think if your in my situation you can live like that? I need to work and socialize have other environment , in short i want a life. I don't feel like having a feel now here because of the way he treats me. So i will take the risk because i am not happy anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.