che234

Question about self filing ROC

25 posts in this topic

I don't see any problem about opening a new account besides i will still put $ to our joint account. The thing that i don't understand is that why he doesn't want me to do that. I am not worried about the joint i am pissed off because i am open for the bills yet he doesn't want me to open my own account in my name. Most of my friends have their joint account and their husband agreed on that. He wanted me to be broke so i will quit my job and just stay in the house whole day. Do you think if your in my situation you can live like that? I need to work and socialize have other environment , in short i want a life. I don't feel like having a feel now here because of the way he treats me. So i will take the risk because i am not happy anymore.

Ask yourself this, would you have a problem if he decided to open his own account in addition to the joint account you two already share? Because frankly, this makes you sound like a gold-digger. And paying for personal dental bills and cable is NOTHING compared to everything else.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ask yourself this, would you have a problem if he decided to open his own account in addition to the joint account you two already share? Because frankly, this makes you sound like a gold-digger. And paying for personal dental bills and cable is NOTHING compared to everything else.

I don;t have any problem if he will do that. He is the one who told me i will pay for my dental not me :) Thats the reason why i work hard because he keeps complaining all the time atleast i pay some of our bills. Is that like a gold digger where in fact i don't want to rely on HIM all the time? LOL make sense ;)

Edited by timchen

I don;t have any problem if he will do that. He is the one who told me i will pay for my dental not me :) Thats the reason why i work hard because he keeps complaining all the time atleast i pay some of our bills. Is that like a gold digger where in fact i don't want to rely on HIM all the time? LOL make sense ;)

Very well then. You've gotten some good advice about your ROC, file for your divorce and move on.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I understand your situation but I gotta tell you someting,life is too short we have given a chance to live in this world.if you aren't happy then DON'T STAY!!!if you feel that you were stuck don't think that way because your NOT.

If he is going to take your name out of"joint bank account"then so be it.that's only a money you can earn it later!!!!I think your husband is insecure & not trusting you.insecure because seems like he doesn't want you to be independent & earn your own money.not trusting you because he might think if you have enough money you will leave him.that's most of the men biggest FEAR.....

if you want to be trusted show some reason that you are trusthworthy p

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

if i just want a greencard then why would i file divorce then? I entered my marriage in good faith god knows about that. But when i get here it changed.

He doesn't want me to go out even with ladies friends. Everytime we have a misunderstanding he always say " don't use that i'm the one who bought that. I used my money for that blah blah "

Why would he say like that to me?? I am not physically hurt but emotionally. I tried to hold on but i just really can't take it anymore.

He just want me to stay inside the house like him sit in living room watch black and white tv shows. Geez i want a life i don't want to be a figurin waiting for the day to be done.

Read my post above besides you really don't know what im going through :)

I don't see any problem about opening a new account besides i will still put $ to our joint account. The thing that i don't understand is that why he doesn't want me to do that. I am not worried about the joint i am pissed off because i am open for the bills yet he doesn't want me to open my own account in my name. Most of my friends have their joint account and their husband agreed on that. He wanted me to be broke so i will quit my job and just stay in the house whole day. Do you think if your in my situation you can live like that? I need to work and socialize have other environment , in short i want a life. I don't feel like having a feel now here because of the way he treats me. So i will take the risk because i am not happy anymore.

If you feel hurt emotionally then you need ask for help, maybe in these foundations can help you with your questions about your GC.

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

• 7 months later...

Amazing!!!! Cheenee I knew I would see this from you!! Everyone may be fooled, but I am not. Because I live in the same town as you and have been watching your ridiculous posts on facebook. First off I will tell you, the reason why Tim is trying to control you, is because you are completely out of control. Just look at yourself in the mirror. The hair, the tattoo's, the daisy duke shorts, all the body piercings, these things you did not have when you were in the Philippines. Your husband is an elderly man that grew up in a time of decency and wants to have a wife that is not trying to go and party. We all noticed, Me, Janelle, Bob, MJ. We noticed how many pictures of Tim you posted on your facebook when you first came over here compared to how many you have of him now. He has bought you a new camero, a new convertible corvette, a new SUV, a new harly Davidson, a new CBR CrouchRocket and every single apple product on the market. And everytime he would buy you whatever you want you post it all over facebook telling people how God has blessed you and how great your husband is. You didn't mention any of this on your posts. Here is something else you didn't mention here on visajourney, is how you were planning your life with a 30 year old American guy and then dumped his butt as soon as you came across Tim. All of us new exactly why you did it. Because Tim is retired with lots of money. You cant fool me.

Cheenee, In my opinion based off of what I have seen from you is that you are a SCAMMER. You are the exact type of person that American men seeking a real relationship from a Philippino woman should stay away from. You are so lucky that you deleted me, Janelle, bob and mj before I had a chance to post all of this on your facebook. Janelle just could not hold out anymore, thats why she started to call you out. Your own fellow country woman can see this from you. I only pray that Tim realizes and see's exactly what the four of us see and sends you packing back home. You, are what gives philippino women a bad rep.

And one more thing. I hope to God that I run into Tim so I can inform him of this Topic on Visajourney. I am sure he has no clue about it. I know exactly what Tim looks like and I know exactly where you guys live at. What you are doing will surface to Tim one way or another. I feel very sorry for him and his family. And hopefully when you file for your divorce, all you get is a copy of the divorce papers and nothing else. I will offer a free tip. There are 3 homeless shelters in downtown Tulsa. The Day Center for the Homeless. The Salvation Army and the John 3:16 Mission. Hopefully if you get nothing out of your divorce you will be safe in either one of those places until you are able to return to the Philippines.

Just to let you know, I don't have an account in my name as well, just a joint one. I'm okay with that. I pay some of the bills and I don't feel the need to go out with girlfriends.. To shop or eat lunch, yes, but not more than that. I don't think he's being that much unreasonable. Good luck to you!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Just to let you know, I don't have an account in my name as well, just a joint one. I'm okay with that. I pay some of the bills and I don't feel the need to go out with girlfriends.. To shop or eat lunch, yes, but not more than that. I don't think he's being that much unreasonable. Good luck to you!

Messybrownhair, There is so much truth missing from this thread. This girl is completely spoiled by her husband. He has bought her 3 brand new cars. 2 brand new motorcycles. She has a closet filled with brand new shoes and has every gaming device and apple product on the market. Vegas, Disney World vacations. He buys her whatever she wants. And then she boasts about it all over facebook so all her friends and family back home can see her movie star life. She is currently going to college and has every opportunity known to man. The sky is the limit for this girl because her husband gives her the entire world. I would report her to ICE if anything could be done but I know that would be impossible. I just don't want anyone of you to be fooled by her.

Edited by Paramedic(918)

Hello i want to ask about self filing of ROC. I'm still married with my husband but our marriage is not healthy anymore.

I am always stress because he's very controlling and complaining. My question is if i file for divorce next year like 1 year and 3 months of marriage do you think i will get denied on my ROC if i file?

We have a joint account but when i tried to open him that i wanted to have my own account too now that i got a job he wanted me to remove on his account. I explained why i wanted to my own account i want to get ready for my future but it doesn't mean i won't contribute to my bills. He bought me a car but then now that i got a job he told me i need to pay for it which is about $345/month.

I really didn't expect it , he told me it's his gift for me but was wrong. I told him that if i just know that i will be the one who will pay for it then i'd rather buy a 2nd hand cheaper car than the car i have that way i won't pay that much. I am paying my dental bill , TV and Internet bill the rest his the one paying for it. In short we share house bill. I can't take it anymore , he doesn't want me to go out and make friends even to girls he wanted me to just focus on him which sucks. I am so stress thinking about this and i am getting information about self filing of ROC so if ever atleast i am ready for all the docs that i need.

Is there any possibility that i will get denied?? And what should i do? Advice please..

Cheenee that $345 dollar payment, is that for the Camero, the Convertible corvette or the SUV? What about the payment on the brand new harly Davidson and the brand new CBR motorcycle? Your posts on facebook mention nothing about you having to pay for it. Your posts on facebook say that you are thanking your husband and with extremely bad taste, you are posting it on facebook like it should be normal that husbands buy their wives anything they want, right when they ask for it. Like I said in my earlier post, I pray to God that I run into Tim. I cannot wait to tell him about this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.