lostinblue

Obamacare Mandate

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Or in my case, they'll just ship more jobs to India. No pesky health care regulations there.

That does not make sense. Jobs are already being shipped to India on the account of salaries being far below what they are in the US. The cost of your current health insurance is nothing compared to what they are saving with the elimination of your salary alone.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That does not make sense. Jobs are already being shipped to India on the account of salaries being far below what they are in the US. The cost of your current health insurance is nothing compared to what they are saving with the elimination of your salary alone.

I don't have current health insurance.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I don't have current health insurance.

Well in that case, a fraction of the money you are spending on preventive care or medical needs can be applied towards a health insurance policy. It will not change anything for you.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

But then again, who is paying for the health insurance and/or healthcare of these employees currently?

IDK if this is typical or not, but where I work the employer pays 80% of the premium cost for full time employees and 60% for part time. They use 32 hours/week as the cutoff for full time and 20 for part time. Regularly scheduled employees less than 20 hours/week can get health coverage but would have to pay %100 of the premium.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

IDK if this is typical or not, but where I work the employer pays 80% of the premium cost for full time employees and 60% for part time. They use 32 hours/week as the cutoff for full time and 20 for part time. Regularly scheduled employees less than 20 hours/week can get health coverage but would have to pay %100 of the premium.

I believe that is typical of a 50+ strong company. At this level you need to attract and more important, retain, your employees so you can concentrate on the business itself.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

It's easy really. If you don't like it, quit whining and find another job.

Who is whining? My wife works p/t by choice. Why are these greedy slave driving corporations whining when their competitors manage to offer decent pay and benefit packages to their staff? I get it, you support the race to the bottom. I don't. I rather level the playing field at the level of well operating businesses not at the lowest level.

Filed: Timeline

Too bad if it comes to that. Healthcare reform was the perfect opportunity to get employers out of the healthcare equation all together.

This is true. Of course, then we'd have the shitestorm from the right of totalitarianism taking over in this country and I don't even want to think about what we would have heard because all these poor insurance companies would be out of business.

Timeline

I believe that is typical of a 50+ strong company. At this level you need to attract and more important, retain, your employees so you can concentrate on the business itself.

I'd still like to see a health care system that doesn't involve employers. It wasn't a good idea to begin with and it's even worse now. I'd rather have an employer compensate me with wages and have a health care system that works for everyone without employers.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

This is true. Of course, then we'd have the shitestorm from the right of totalitarianism taking over in this country and I don't even want to think about what we would have heard because all these poor insurance companies would be out of business.

I agree. Still, the reality should eventually settle in that it's almost impossible to overturn "Obamacare". At that point, hopefully there will be a concensus towards making it better for everyone.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

All of the anti-business sentiment in this thread is astounding.

"oh this is a good thing"

Yeah, until a few months later and you're paying several dollars more for the items you want to buy at said stores. OR until the store is then understaffed so you can't get the same service you are used to.

It amazes me the people who think the government should dictate what extra benefits a company should give you. People like Obummer claim you didn't build your business, so I guess he thinks his government can destroy it. Pathetic.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

All of the anti-business sentiment in this thread is astounding.

"oh this is a good thing"

Yeah, until a few months later and you're paying several dollars more for the items you want to buy at said stores. OR until the store is then understaffed so you can't get the same service you are used to.

It amazes me the people who think the government should dictate what extra benefits a company should give you. People like Obummer claim you didn't build your business, so I guess he thinks his government can destroy it. Pathetic.

I don't see it being anti-business at all, I see it as being pro-business. On a whole happy employees are much more productive and less likely to steal from theior employers than ones that feel cheated.

It's 2012, any company that tries to skirt around giving their employees health insurance, should not be in business, in my opinion.

Timeline

I'd still like to see a health care system that doesn't involve employers. It wasn't a good idea to begin with and it's even worse now. I'd rather have an employer compensate me with wages and have a health care system that works for everyone without employers.

I think that would be the best solution for all, but I don't believe it will happen during our lifetime!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Red Lobster and Olive Garden are testing the waters.

Prepping for Obamacare, Red Lobster and Olive Garden are cutting workers hours.