lostinblue

Obamacare Mandate

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

As I said companies are moving to simply cut hours and hire more part time workers (less than 30 hours).

They have been doing so for a long time to eliminate all benefits. They are only the hours of those full-time employees with no benefits.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They have been doing so for a long time to eliminate all benefits. They are only the hours of those full-time employees with no benefits.

Yes, the point is that the Obamacare mandate has not really done anything to help these workers. In fact, they are probably worse off because they can't get as many hours.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Yes, the point is that the Obamacare mandate has not really done anything to help these workers. In fact, they are probably worse off because they can't get as many hours.

Part-time workers don't get benefit in some places. That will not change. Any business owner will tell you that it is cheaper to pay benefits to a full time employee than to hire and manage two part-time. I understand there is a desperate need to show the HCR under a negative light, so be careful are you glean through these copies as to what they are not really saying.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

According to Moody's Analytics and Macroeconomic Advisors, the economy is bound to produce some 12 million jobs over the next 4 years. Employers will soon find themselves competing for talent and I suspect that those that cut corners today won't be in a very good position to attract the best talent. Companies that treat their employees fairly will always come out on top in the mid and long term.

That is how Obamacare creates more jobs.

Nope. It's the path to single payer or some other universal coverage health care. As employers reject the employer based health insurance model, some form of non-employment based insurance model will replace it. That's a good thing.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Nope. It's the path to single payer or some other universal coverage health care. As employers reject the employer based health insurance model, some form of non-employment based insurance model will replace it. That's a good thing.

It's still not chicken salad.

It's chickenshit

It's still not chicken salad.

It's chickenshit

The long and short of it is that this country has over a number of decades settled on an employment based health insurance model over a non-employer based model. That works as long as employers continue to back and support that model. Increasingly, that hasn't been the case and the ACA has nothing to do with that. The ACA merely illustrates that American businesses are abandoning the established health insurance model and thus paves the way towards an alternative model which would be non-employer based.

Filed: Other Timeline

Mr. Big Dog is correct.

Obamacare -- due to its Republican-induced limitations and shortcomings -- is only the stepping stone to what will eventually be single payer health care as it's the case in Canada and the United Kingdom. In the U.S. it will be Medicare for all, and people will have to pay into it, an amount that is quite affordable and dependent on their income.

For now the US government works on offering a public option that is in compliance with the Affordable Care Act. That would already be a public option. It is a public option.

But, guys, the idea behind Obamacare is that everyone is insured. We all complain that people go to the ER because they get "free care" there. Truth is, they get emergency care, and the hospital than has to put this on their tab, and thus all of the insured people have to pay more. So if you have 3 guys in one room who all had a heart attack, but only 2 have insurance, the two guys' insurance companies will be billed $150K each so that the hospital gets their $450K, instead of billing $100K for every patient. We all pay more for those who have no insurance.

We pay more if they do not get preventive care. My wife just had 3 emergency operations and the tab has already reached the $300K mark. We would be bankrupt now without Obamacare phase 1 which is already in full swing, called PCIP in California.

My wife's best friend was just diagnosed with ####### cancer. Without PCIP (which we got her on as nobody would want to insure her), she has a chance of survival. Without it, she would definitely die. So the ability to get affordable is a matter of life and death, literally.

Thirty million Americans don't have health insurance. Some of them feel they are healthy enough to not needing it, but the overwhelming majority just can't afford it. Until recently my monthly premium was $1,862 which almost killed me financially. Now I'm insured under California's PCIP plan as well, for $370 per month and a max annual deductible of $2,500. That I can afford.

Once everyone is covered, and is covered not only because they have to, because it makes sense, and because it's affordable, the cost for everyone will go down. If you make less than about $15K per year, you pay nothing. If you make $20K per year, you pay $110. If you like your current insurance plan, you can keep it. Isn't the knowledge that we don't have to fear getting sick anymore and losing life and/or everything we ever worked for, worth it all? For me, folks, it was the overwhelming reason to vote for Obama.

Had Romney taken credit for Romneycare and left Medicare alone, he would have had a shot to win.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Once everyone is covered, and is covered not only because they have to, because it makes sense, and because it's affordable, the cost for everyone will go down. If you make less than about $15K per year, you pay nothing. If you make $20K per year, you pay $110. If you like your current insurance plan, you can keep it. Isn't the knowledge that we don't have to fear getting sick anymore and losing life and/or everything we ever worked for, worth it all? For me, folks, it was the overwhelming reason to vote for Obama.

You hit it right on the head. My biggest fear, moving to the USA, is losing my healthcare. I don't make a lot of money, if I get injured or critically ill, I would lose everything without that safety net.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

You hit it right on the head. My biggest fear, moving to the USA, is losing my healthcare. I don't make a lot of money, if I get injured or critically ill, I would lose everything without that safety net.

Maybe you should have stayed in Canada. America is not Canada, and it is not Europe. We like it that way.

Maybe you should have stayed in Canada. America is not Canada, and it is not Europe. We like it that way.

i'm american. and i don't like it that way. who wants to go bankrupt and lose everything due to an illness that is completely treatable all because you don't have enough money and never will?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The American people voted differently.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

i'm american. and i don't like it that way. who wants to go bankrupt and lose everything due to an illness that is completely treatable all because you don't have enough money and never will?

don't worry. single payer is coming. then the medical costs will come down along with workers salaries. the medical workers will curse obama like you won't believe. i'm already getting pumped! WOO!! :lol:

7yqZWFL.jpg