djricky4

October 2012 AOS Filers

531 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Taken directly from the blog link posted:

Processing times of the Form I-485 and Form N-400 applications are determined by each Field Office, not the NBC, since final adjudication is not conducted at the NBC.

Doesn't this contradict directly what you're trying to say? :unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats to you. :thumbs: My EAD approved today too.

I have interview tomorrow

I got approved on spot today.

They ask only simple question that I file on I-485 and I-130.

I ask do I will get green card as Christmas's present...?

IO said NO you will get greencard for New year's present.

Let me know about your interview.

Good luck for everyone.

Filed: Timeline

Taken directly from the blog link posted:

Doesn't this contradict directly what you're trying to say? :unsure:

No if youre in NBC it means youre waiting for them to decide if you need RFEs, and waiting for them to review your case further to decide if theyre going to send you for an interview or not.

If they do it will go to a local service center (you can then check your local centers processing times). If they dont- then yes the quote you bolded above is correct NBC doesnt adjudicate the card themselves, they forward it to another center- similar to how the EAD card shows 'approved/sent for production/card mailed'. If youre transferred from NBC to a center thats not your local center you can assume you were approved w/o interview and sit back and wait for that center to produce your card. (you would then be able to check the processing time for the center you were assigned to online, but could relax about the interview)

(of course there has been cases of people who were sent to centers that werent their local service centers (seeming like they werent getting interviews and then later were bounced back to their local center for unknown reasons which delayed their card tremendously, but it seems to be rare).

From my research it seems to be very quickly after the EAD is issued decisions are made on whether youre forward to a local center or not- so hang in there and keep the faith.

So, I was getting sick of not seeing our AOS case number online (even though I know the site isn't reliable, etc. blah blah). Either way, it was annoying, so I emailed them:

"From: (my email)

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:01 PM

To: oluinquiries@dhs.gov

Subject: MSC Case Number not in System - Normal Timeframe?

Hi,

We submitted the AOS packet for my husband who is adjusting from a K1 visa. We received three receipt numbers with a date of 10/9/2012. The first two numbers for his employment authorization and advanced parole have been updated on the USCIS website. We have completed biometrics and have just received the EAD/AP combo card. The third number, however, (presumably for his green card) is not showing up on the USCIS website and it says "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again." I understand it may take some time for data entry, but the other two MSC numbers that are just a few digits off have already been updated. Can someone please advise the status for case number MSC----------?

Thanks!

"

This is what they sent back this morning:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry that your case is not appearing in the online case status system. We have alerted the appropriate staff to the issue and your case information should be available online in the next couple days.

USCIS Ombudsman Liaison Unit"

Either way, I think it was good of them to reply so quickly :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Received the I512L yesterday. :unsure: why it got completed so quickly (refiled it after it initially got rejected - got it in less than 30 days from the refile date) ? :wacko: Perhaps we should have made a honest mistake on the EAD form and it would have been adjudicated faster :blink::wacko::D

I am posting this link from the USCIS website dated Sep 28 2012 as it may provide a clue to us folks (such as my wife) K1 adjusters.

We may be stuck at NBC for good if we are deemed to be interview waivable I485's - oh well. As we wait and wait and wait for the USCIS to adjudicate. Happy Holidays ! Let's hope the fiscal cliff does not ruin or slow down our process :thumbs:

Workload Transfer from Service Centers to Field Operations

N-400 Journey

April 23 2016 - N-400 Window Opens

May 12 2016 - Filed N-400 (new version of form)

May 16 2016 - Received by Phoenix Lock Box

May 18 2016 - Received SMS and Email confirmation

June 10 2016 - Biometrics

Feb 15 2017 - Service Request, response "additional delays"

Feb 15 2017 - Escalation to US Senator ####### Durbin

Mar 01 2017 - Response from Durbins' office - "delayed due to security checks"

April 06 2017 - Emails / SMS received - Interview scheduled

May 15 2017 - Interview - approved in 20 minutes

May 31 2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received the I512L yesterday. :unsure: why it got completed so quickly (refiled it after it initially got rejected - got it in less than 30 days from the refile date) ? :wacko: Perhaps we should have made a honest mistake on the EAD form and it would have been adjudicated faster :blink::wacko::D

I am posting this link from the USCIS website dated Sep 28 2012 as it may provide a clue to us folks (such as my wife) K1 adjusters.

We may be stuck at NBC for good if we are deemed to be interview waivable I485's - oh well. As we wait and wait and wait for the USCIS to adjudicate. Happy Holidays ! Let's hope the fiscal cliff does not ruin or slow down our process :thumbs:

Workload Transfer from Service Centers to Field Operations

all is clear now - thank you for the link, cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ajacks, that is what we got too, after initially messing it up - I signed instead of my husband who should have signed - we returned the AP paper and then one day after biometrics they mailed us the I512L in duplicate. I was expecting a combo card like everyone else was talking about. Hopefully, the work authorization will come soon after the holidays. :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy holidays VJers. Blessings to you all:)) :D:P

AOS

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2012-09-29, Recieved on 2012-10-3.

NOA Date : 2012-10-09

RFE(s) : 2012-10-16

Bio. Appt. : 2012-11-13

AOS Transfer** : 2012-10-09

Interview Date :?

Approval / Denial Date :?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

got my EAD and AP approved today :dance:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

That's a great Christmas gift! Congrats :)

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

I-129F Sent - 2012/04/04

I-129F NOA1 - 2012/04/06

I-129F NOA2 - 2012/07/20

NVC Received - 2012/07/27

NVC Left - 2012/07/30

Consulate Received - 2012/08/02

Packet 3 Emailed - 2012/08/03

Visa Received - 2012/09/03

US Entry (Newark, NJ) - 2012/09/27

MARRIED - 2012/09/28

AOS Filed - 2012/10/04

NOA Date - 2012/10/15

Bio. Appt. - 2012/10/22 (early walk-in, scheduled appointment: 11/06)

EAD approved - 2012/12/04

EAD/AP combo card received - 2012/12/12

GREEN CARD received! - 2013/06/29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just checked my case online and it was in testing and interview, they said that they sent me the notice dec 12 for my intervw and it will be on January 17, 2013. My question is, is it required during the interview that my hubby is present?coz he will be in Rhode Island for his schooling in the Navy. please let me know, many thanks in advance

I called USCIS to re sched our intervw last dec 17 and got a letter from them dec 24 that they will reschedule my intervw, now im waiting again, my other question is I changed my address online so I got a letter from USCIS about the change of address, but I got a letter for EAD only, how about my AP, I changed my address for all my cases, anyone here experienced this. thanks again..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.