Timeline

My husband's says the same thing about the National Benefits Center. :blink:

Edited by Indykittykeilah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

EAD in hand...came Dec. 17

AOS

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2012-09-29, Recieved on 2012-10-3.

NOA Date : 2012-10-09

RFE(s) : 2012-10-16

Bio. Appt. : 2012-11-13

AOS Transfer** : 2012-10-09

Interview Date :?

Approval / Denial Date :?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So does mine :)

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

I-129F Sent - 2012/04/04

I-129F NOA1 - 2012/04/06

I-129F NOA2 - 2012/07/20

NVC Received - 2012/07/27

NVC Left - 2012/07/30

Consulate Received - 2012/08/02

Packet 3 Emailed - 2012/08/03

Visa Received - 2012/09/03

US Entry (Newark, NJ) - 2012/09/27

MARRIED - 2012/09/28

AOS Filed - 2012/10/04

NOA Date - 2012/10/15

Bio. Appt. - 2012/10/22 (early walk-in, scheduled appointment: 11/06)

EAD approved - 2012/12/04

EAD/AP combo card received - 2012/12/12

GREEN CARD received! - 2013/06/29

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a September filer and mine is still at the NBC too. I checked the timeline for my local office and they are only processing June filers at the moment. I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. Sigh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS to all those peeps with the good news :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Timeline

I am a September filer and mine is still at the NBC too. I checked the timeline for my local office and they are only processing June filers at the moment. I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. Sigh.

being at the NBC if youre a K1 filer isnt necessarily bad news. When youre a K1 filer theres no way to know if youre going to get selected for an interview (I like to think its a 50/50 chance- I think I remember reading that somewhere but i dont remember where...) the point is, you can be approved directly from NBC with no interview. If your case gets forwarded to a local center, it will be updated online reflecting that, then you can put on the :whistle: face while you wait for them schedule your interview if they are so far behind.

So try not to stress too much about what the local centers are doing until you know for sure your case has been transferred to one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

being at the NBC if youre a K1 filer isnt necessarily bad news. When youre a K1 filer theres no way to know if youre going to get selected for an interview (I like to think its a 50/50 chance- I think I remember reading that somewhere but i dont remember where...) the point is, you can be approved directly from NBC with no interview. If your case gets forwarded to a local center, it will be updated online reflecting that, then you can put on the :whistle: face while you wait for them schedule your interview if they are so far behind.

So try not to stress too much about what the local centers are doing until you know for sure your case has been transferred to one.

That's exactly what I thought. I just wonder how long will it take the NBC to give their final approval. I read that before when some applications were transferred to California Service Center it took months before the GC was issued... I hope it's not the same case at the NBC!

Anyway, with the EAD/AP combo card in hand the life gets so much easier that you can almost feel like a semi-permanent resident!

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

I-129F Sent - 2012/04/04

I-129F NOA1 - 2012/04/06

I-129F NOA2 - 2012/07/20

NVC Received - 2012/07/27

NVC Left - 2012/07/30

Consulate Received - 2012/08/02

Packet 3 Emailed - 2012/08/03

Visa Received - 2012/09/03

US Entry (Newark, NJ) - 2012/09/27

MARRIED - 2012/09/28

AOS Filed - 2012/10/04

NOA Date - 2012/10/15

Bio. Appt. - 2012/10/22 (early walk-in, scheduled appointment: 11/06)

EAD approved - 2012/12/04

EAD/AP combo card received - 2012/12/12

GREEN CARD received! - 2013/06/29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Mine only says accepted so I'm thinking it will be awhile too, but I'm hopeful that maybe this part of the process will go faster than the K-1 part where I think they "misplaced" our file for a few extra weeks. :unsure: At least I have my husband with me and that is the best part of all! :thumbs::dance::luv: Just wish we could get the paperwork done and the work permit and such although there is still way too much to do around the house.

Happy holidays everyone - and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year coming up! The last 3 months since my husband arrived seems to have flown by. B-) May we all have a wonderful year to come with our loved ones. (F)

That's exactly what I thought. I just wonder how long will it take the NBC to give their final approval. I read that before when some applications were transferred to California Service Center it took months before the GC was issued... I hope it's not the same case at the NBC!

Anyway, with the EAD/AP combo card in hand the life gets so much easier that you can almost feel like a semi-permanent resident!

Well you can check AOS timelines for a general idea for that as well. Just look for people who have the interview field blank (meaning they had no interview) according to page 1 and 2 people that got their GC in dec applied (with no interview and were not transferred to another center seem to have all applied in July. So it looks like 6 months.

So for us Oct filers that could mean maybe March (?)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well you can check AOS timelines for a general idea for that as well. Just look for people who have the interview field blank (meaning they had no interview) according to page 1 and 2 people that got their GC in dec applied (with no interview and were not transferred to another center seem to have all applied in July. So it looks like 6 months.

So for us Oct filers that could mean maybe March (?)

We filed October 29, got biometrics appointment 11/30 (walked in early on 11/16) and on 12/14 they sent us NOA2 for NBC interview for 1/15/13. At this stage we'll probably get the AP/EAD card the week before our GC interview!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much for the clarification! I recall reading that CSC was long + without interview, but I was under the impression that NBC always meant an interview.. So again, thanks for clarifying AND putting my mind at ease! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

EAD approved today :] Congress just called and said my expedite was granted (took em long enough lol)

Congrats to you. :thumbs: My EAD approved today too.

I have interview tomorrow

Thank you so much for the clarification! I recall reading that CSC was long + without interview, but I was under the impression that NBC always meant an interview.. So again, thanks for clarifying AND putting my mind at ease! :thumbs:

No it doesnt always mean interview (I think a long time ago it did, circa 2003) theres a gov blog here that details what they do- http://blog.uscis.gov/2012/06/national-benefits-center-what-it-is-and.html

Bottom line- most of the 485s and N-400s go there and theyre the people that look you over, decide if you need RFE's and do background checks on the evidence you sent in. If youre adjusting from a K1, an interview already took place, so its up to their discretion to decide if they want to send you for another interview (forward you to a local office) or approve your AOS right then and there.

So the somewhat good news is if you got your EAD/AP combo card, your application was 'complete' enough to pass the first stage of scrutiny- your application was filled out properly etc. Now you just sit and wait while they dig deeper. You could still even receive RFEs.(Ive seen posts about that) They have to go over your 864, review your everything you sent in the AOS packet, perhaps they even pull up your fiances record of interview when determining if you need a second one( I really dont know as I dont work there, Im just speculating) Maybe they have some kind of quota- like a certain number of applicants must go for interviews so its just luck of the draw, unless you have some kind of red flag.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.